Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. 18:05 - Jan 2 with 1045 viewshomer_123

We get so much right.

On and off the ball we are very good. We use the ball intelligently. There's loads of movement off the ball, players are encouraged to play and express themselves.

We have an identity and style of play that we have not seen at PR for years.

We create plenty of good goal scoring opportunities and defensively we are solid and I love that we play out and build from the back.

We have an issue of conversion at the moment and although over the season so far we have scored plenty...we are wasteful in front of goal at times.

The worry for me is if KM tries to shore us up defensively or alter how we play, we may well create less and right now that will definitely mean fewer goals. As our conversion is a little poor.

So, we change nothing. How we play works...we should not touch that at all.

If we can be more effective taking our chances, we'll be fine. I certainly don't want to see any players come in that don't improve on what we have.

Keep the faith...its working even if the festive period has been poor points wise.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 18:10 - Jan 2 with 986 viewsDavoIPB

We do need to change the way we play. Quicker movement of the ball. Better off the ball runs. Strikers who can shoot. Defenders who can defend high balls into the box.
I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 18:12 - Jan 2 with 964 viewsChrisd

Think he could do with having a plan B. We seem to have one way of playing and if that isn’t working we are stuffed. Even if he changes formation and tries two strikers up top it would provide something different. I can’t see him changing us up to make us more defensive, the missed chances are the things that are really hurting us and that really needs to be looked at. You can put it down as bad luck, but when it keeps happening in games time and again, it needs addressing.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 18:32]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 18:17 - Jan 2 with 938 viewsKev_W

Agree with much of that but I think there is scope to tweak how we play. We would certainly benefit from more of a playmaker type centre midfielder who could add some creativity but also calmness and nous.

We need a couple of players capable of making a short term impact particularly goals. Equivalent of Johnson, Stewart, Reuser in years gone by. Not particularly interested in taking young players on loan - chances are they would have minor only walk on parts.
I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:10 - Jan 2 with 811 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 18:10 - Jan 2 by DavoIPB

We do need to change the way we play. Quicker movement of the ball. Better off the ball runs. Strikers who can shoot. Defenders who can defend high balls into the box.

On your final point, Burgess is one of the best headers of the ball in L1.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:13 - Jan 2 with 802 viewsStokieBlue

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 18:10 - Jan 2 by DavoIPB

Two of your examples are player specific and nothing to do with the way we play.

We don't need to change the way we play, but every metric except the current table we are doing well, it's just not happened a few times.

We need a few fresh faces but changing the way we play is the last thing we need to do and I'm sure McKenna won't and thus I'm glad he's in charge and not a few armchair enthusiasts on here.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:14 - Jan 2 with 795 viewsFrimleyBlue

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:10 - Jan 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Also. We didn't struggle with any balls into the Box today even at pompy we coped with 99% of them.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:15 - Jan 2 with 786 viewsStokieBlue

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:10 - Jan 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Interestingly though our results have been worse with him in the team than Edmundson.

I remember the clamour to use stats to prove Burgess should replace Edmundson by a few on here using a very small sample size. It's interesting this isn't happening the other way around.

Something to ponder maybe.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 19:16]

GREAT POST HOMER… hear hear on 19:18 - Jan 2 with 762 viewsunstableblue

We have the foundations now… a pattern of play that is great to watch and effective in the main

Our issue now is being more clinical - and hopefully Jan business can resolve

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:20 - Jan 2 with 740 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:15 - Jan 2 by StokieBlue

Interestingly though our results have been worse with him in the team than Edmundson.

I remember the clamour to use stats to prove Burgess should replace Edmundson by a few on here using a very small sample size. It's interesting this isn't happening the other way around.

Something to ponder maybe.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 19:16]

I've always liked Edmundson If I'm honest.

I do wonder, if the run of form continues, (not withstanding the fact we've suffered with injuries followed by illness), if we might see a return to Donacien, Woolfenden and Edmundson as a back 3 with Burns and Davies as wingbacks.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:21 - Jan 2 with 728 viewsStokieBlue

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. on 19:20 - Jan 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

I've always liked Edmundson If I'm honest.

I do wonder, if the run of form continues, (not withstanding the fact we've suffered with injuries followed by illness), if we might see a return to Donacien, Woolfenden and Edmundson as a back 3 with Burns and Davies as wingbacks.

A few of us (GB for instance) have said this for a few weeks now.

It seemed more solid and allowed Davis to take bomb on and he's probably our best player, certainly the one with the highest ceiling.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024