Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bring him home... 16:30 - Dec 19 with 6612 viewsjasondozzell

Bring him home... on 16:41 - Dec 19 with 5216 viewsJ2BLUE

Their players just stood there watching. Still can't believe it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bring him home... on 16:44 - Dec 19 with 5172 viewsGeoffSentence

Bring him home... on 16:41 - Dec 19 by J2BLUE

Their players just stood there watching. Still can't believe it.

The number 6 tried to tell the keeper, it was clearer on the Town in 5 video from the match

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bring him home... on 17:15 - Dec 19 with 4916 viewsRyorry

Clever gamesmanship from him. You'd have thunk at least 6 of their players would be screaming "he's behind you" - not just the one "man on"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bring him home... on 17:25 - Dec 19 with 4795 viewsjasondozzell

Bring him home... on 17:15 - Dec 19 by Ryorry

Clever gamesmanship from him. You'd have thunk at least 6 of their players would be screaming "he's behind you" - not just the one "man on"!

My favourite thing about it is his little hand towards the North stand to shush them so the keeper doesn't hear
[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 17:56]
Bring him home... on 17:35 - Dec 19 with 4717 viewsRyorry

Bring him home... on 17:25 - Dec 19 by jasondozzell

My favourite thing about it is his little hand towards the North stand to shush them so the keeper doesn't hear
[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 17:56]

Thanks - hadn't noticed that initially, had to watch on full screen to see it.

Too funny!
[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 17:36]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bring him home... on 17:53 - Dec 19 with 4590 viewsEly_Blue

If you think Bonne is the answer then you clearly don’t understand the question!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Bring him home... on 17:56 - Dec 19 with 4561 viewsjasondozzell

Bring him home... on 17:35 - Dec 19 by Ryorry

Thanks - hadn't noticed that initially, had to watch on full screen to see it.

Too funny!
[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 17:36]

😁😁😁 It's great isn't it!
Bring him home... on 17:57 - Dec 19 with 4545 viewsjasondozzell

Bring him home... on 17:53 - Dec 19 by Ely_Blue

If you think Bonne is the answer then you clearly don’t understand the question!

Bet you didn't mind when he was scoring for fun at the beginning of last season...
Login to get fewer ads

Bring him home... on 17:59 - Dec 19 with 4527 viewsEly_Blue

Bring him home... on 17:57 - Dec 19 by jasondozzell

Bet you didn't mind when he was scoring for fun at the beginning of last season...

And what has he done since then and in the half season that he had under our current manager with our current style of play……….. other than be offside that is?

Bring him home... on 18:25 - Dec 19 with 4374 viewsjasondozzell

Bring him home... on 17:59 - Dec 19 by Ely_Blue

And what has he done since then and in the half season that he had under our current manager with our current style of play……….. other than be offside that is?

No getting away from it - he lost his way. But he had huge stresses in his life away from the pitch and Kmac kept rotating. Kmac said some v complimentary things about him...
[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 18:37]
Bring him home... on 18:32 - Dec 19 with 4335 viewstextbackup

Bring him home... on 17:53 - Dec 19 by Ely_Blue

i'm not sure anyone is saying MB is the answer. but i think most are saying that to have him to come on and chase down, get in positions ladapo might not, could be a positive.

he might bag a few goals, or his tireless work rate could create spaces for chaplin etc to wonder into.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bring him home... on 18:33 - Dec 19 with 4324 viewsEly_Blue

Bring him home... on 18:32 - Dec 19 by textbackup

i'm not sure anyone is saying MB is the answer. but i think most are saying that to have him to come on and chase down, get in positions ladapo might not, could be a positive.

he might bag a few goals, or his tireless work rate could create spaces for chaplin etc to wonder into.

The only position he can get into is an offside one!

Bring him home... on 18:34 - Dec 19 with 4302 viewsEly_Blue

Bring him home... on 18:25 - Dec 19 by jasondozzell

No getting away from it - he lost his way. But he had huge stresses in his life away from the pitch and Kmac kept rotating. Kmac said some v complimentary things about him...

KMac wasn’t exactly gonna say he was 5hite was he now?

Bring him home... on 18:35 - Dec 19 with 4312 viewsjasondozzell

“Even when Kieran McKenna wasn’t playing me I wasn’t sour about it.

“He explained to me that he had three strikers under contract and he needed to take a look at them to assess what he’s got. He told me straight and I completely respected that.

“When Pigs (Joe Pigott), Nors (Norwood) and Jacko (Kayden Jackson) got their chance I was buzzing for them. I wanted them to do well because I wanted Ipswich Town to do well.

“I obviously hoped my chance would come again. I remember coming on at Oxford and giving one of my best performances during that second half of the season. I was a bully, I ruffled feathers. In the 85th minute I charged down their left-back, smashed him right in front of the Town fans and looked up to roar them on. I thought I might get a bit more of a chance after that, but it wasn’t to be.

“I should really be saying ‘I didn’t like him’ and ‘he’s not for me’ about Kieran McKenna, but I can’t because I improved as a player under him, Martyn Pert and Charlie (Turbull). He was really positive and I learned a lot.

“And I’m not just saying that because he’s Town manager and I want to play for Town again!”

Kieran McKenna called me in for a chat the day after that last game against Charlton,” said Bonne.

“We sat down at the training ground with a coffee and had a good chat. He said he likes me, sees me as a hybrid forward that can do a bit of everything and that Ipswich Town is not a closed book.

“We’ve kept in touch.”

He continues: “I went away to Budapest with my mates at the end of the season and I was debating whether to get a Town tattoo.

“I was very close to getting the Town badge or ‘ITFC’, but all the tattoo shops were shut.

“I’m telling you, that love is real!

“I could see the boys looking at me a bit funny when I first started kissing the badge. I get it, I have been at other clubs where players do that and it’s a bit cringey.

“But very quickly I think they realised it was genuine as I bored them with stories about watching Town play Inter and being there on Bobby Robson Day!

“I felt I had so much respect in the town. I’d go out for lunch or a coffee and people would genuinely want to know how I am rather than just being a fan who wanted a picture.

“It reminded me that I’m not just a footballer, but actually a person.

“Feeling that sort of love is something that I always wanted from a club. I found it by coming back to my hometown club.”
Bring him home... on 18:36 - Dec 19 with 4279 viewsjasondozzell

Bring him home... on 18:34 - Dec 19 by Ely_Blue

KMac wasn’t exactly gonna say he was 5hite was he now?

No but I also don't think KMac is the type just to say things for the sake of it...
Bring him home... on 18:42 - Dec 19 with 4187 viewsbluejacko

Bring him home... on 18:33 - Dec 19 by Ely_Blue

Mmm clearly not the case otherwise he wouldn’t have scored as many goals as he did would he?
Bring him home... on 18:53 - Dec 19 with 4081 viewsIllinoisblue

Personal problems and plenty of managerial upheaval at QPR. Another loan to us could work wonders for him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bring him home... on 18:56 - Dec 19 with 4039 viewsjasondozzell

Bring him home... on 18:53 - Dec 19 by Illinoisblue

Personal problems and plenty of managerial upheaval at QPR. Another loan to us could work wonders for him.

Definitely! I think it would be a good move for us and him. Get him in the door!
Bring him home... on 19:00 - Dec 19 with 3982 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wonder if we always planned to get Bonne back but Ashton knew the value of him would be more aligned with their thinking in this window.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bring him home... on 19:10 - Dec 19 with 3892 viewsjasondozzell

Bring him home... on 19:00 - Dec 19 by FrimleyBlue

Wonder if we always planned to get Bonne back but Ashton knew the value of him would be more aligned with their thinking in this window.

It definitely sounded as we were interested in the summer. Weren't Charlton interested too?

I think it makes so much sense. He knows the set up and KMac so should be able to hit the ground running. An early goal to boost confidence and...
Bring him home... on 19:13 - Dec 19 with 3864 viewstextbackup

Bring him home... on 18:33 - Dec 19 by Ely_Blue

what an aggressive little man, towards someone who's one of our own.

he'd be just as handy as ladapo. he couldnt trap a bag of cement saturday, bonne might have.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bring him home... on 19:44 - Dec 19 with 3605 viewsSitfcB

Bring him home... on 18:35 - Dec 19 by jasondozzell

“Even when Kieran McKenna wasn’t playing me I wasn’t sour about it.

“He explained to me that he had three strikers under contract and he needed to take a look at them to assess what he’s got. He told me straight and I completely respected that.

“When Pigs (Joe Pigott), Nors (Norwood) and Jacko (Kayden Jackson) got their chance I was buzzing for them. I wanted them to do well because I wanted Ipswich Town to do well.

“I obviously hoped my chance would come again. I remember coming on at Oxford and giving one of my best performances during that second half of the season. I was a bully, I ruffled feathers. In the 85th minute I charged down their left-back, smashed him right in front of the Town fans and looked up to roar them on. I thought I might get a bit more of a chance after that, but it wasn’t to be.

“I should really be saying ‘I didn’t like him’ and ‘he’s not for me’ about Kieran McKenna, but I can’t because I improved as a player under him, Martyn Pert and Charlie (Turbull). He was really positive and I learned a lot.

“And I’m not just saying that because he’s Town manager and I want to play for Town again!”

Kieran McKenna called me in for a chat the day after that last game against Charlton,” said Bonne.

“We sat down at the training ground with a coffee and had a good chat. He said he likes me, sees me as a hybrid forward that can do a bit of everything and that Ipswich Town is not a closed book.

“We’ve kept in touch.”

He continues: “I went away to Budapest with my mates at the end of the season and I was debating whether to get a Town tattoo.

“I was very close to getting the Town badge or ‘ITFC’, but all the tattoo shops were shut.

“I’m telling you, that love is real!

“I could see the boys looking at me a bit funny when I first started kissing the badge. I get it, I have been at other clubs where players do that and it’s a bit cringey.

“But very quickly I think they realised it was genuine as I bored them with stories about watching Town play Inter and being there on Bobby Robson Day!

“I felt I had so much respect in the town. I’d go out for lunch or a coffee and people would genuinely want to know how I am rather than just being a fan who wanted a picture.

“It reminded me that I’m not just a footballer, but actually a person.

“Feeling that sort of love is something that I always wanted from a club. I found it by coming back to my hometown club.”

This makes me want to do things.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bring him home... on 20:15 - Dec 19 with 3460 viewsSwansea_Blue

Which version would we get? This one or the one from the second half of last season? I’d be worried about Jimmy Bullard syndrome, but KM is better placed than me to make the decision (just about ).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bring him home... on 20:24 - Dec 19 with 3419 viewsEly_Blue

Bring him home... on 19:13 - Dec 19 by textbackup

what an aggressive little man, towards someone who's one of our own.

he'd be just as handy as ladapo. he couldnt trap a bag of cement saturday, bonne might have.

They are facts not aggression

Bring him home... on 20:50 - Dec 19 with 3247 viewscressi

Bring him home... on 20:24 - Dec 19 by Ely_Blue

They are facts not aggression

Personally I won't be surprised I we sign Will Keane and Bonne with Ladapo that is 3 expirenced striker's with different attributes.
I see Ahadme going out on load to gain more experience
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024