Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well 21:24 - Sep 16 with 1410 viewsIllinoisblue

Conceded 3 in 5 minutes to Fulham.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:28 - Sep 16 with 1398 viewsSwansea_Blue

They’ve certainly rolled the dice haven’t they? The can’t afford for them to keep landing on double one.

Can you imagine how sacking off most the players and bringing in a complete new bunch (after succeeding!) has gone down and affected moral? It’s like our Serini season x20.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:33 - Sep 16 with 1356 viewsgiant_stow

Good, I want their spend spend spend approach to fail

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:33 - Sep 16 with 1358 viewsIllinoisblue

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:28 - Sep 16 by Swansea_Blue

They’ve certainly rolled the dice haven’t they? The can’t afford for them to keep landing on double one.

Can you imagine how sacking off most the players and bringing in a complete new bunch (after succeeding!) has gone down and affected moral? It’s like our Serini season x20.

Cooper will be sacked by xmas at this rate. Fulham off to a great start.

62 - 78 - 81

This Villa v Saints game is so slow and lacking quality on 21:36 - Sep 16 with 1339 viewsunstableblue

Terrible

Would fancy Town against these two with this level of energy!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:36 - Sep 16 with 1342 viewsWestover

Back in it now 2-3.
This Villa v Saints game is so slow and lacking quality on 21:37 - Sep 16 with 1334 viewsIllinoisblue

This Villa v Saints game is so slow and lacking quality on 21:36 - Sep 16 by unstableblue

Terrible

Would fancy Town against these two with this level of energy!

A mediocre game and Andy Townsend on commentary. A match made in hell.

62 - 78 - 81

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:53 - Sep 16 with 1263 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:33 - Sep 16 by Illinoisblue

Cooper will be sacked by xmas at this rate. Fulham off to a great start.

He wasn’t much liked down here at the swans, bizarrely. They thought he was too defensive. But then they spent the previous season moaning that Potter was too open. Fans, eh?!

To think while they had the now Chelsea manager and a current PL manager, we had Hurst, Lambert and a current National League manager. Thanks Marcus Evans!

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:58 - Sep 16 with 1248 viewsChrisd

They just need to finish 4th from bottom this season, anything else is a bonus and there seems quite a few teams that look like they could struggle.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 22:02 - Sep 16 with 1226 viewsIllinoisblue

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:53 - Sep 16 by Swansea_Blue

He wasn’t much liked down here at the swans, bizarrely. They thought he was too defensive. But then they spent the previous season moaning that Potter was too open. Fans, eh?!

To think while they had the now Chelsea manager and a current PL manager, we had Hurst, Lambert and a current National League manager. Thanks Marcus Evans!

As a random aside re Swansea, can I just say how much I dislike their stadium?

62 - 78 - 81

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 22:15 - Sep 16 with 1163 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 22:02 - Sep 16 by Illinoisblue

As a random aside re Swansea, can I just say how much I dislike their stadium?

You can. It’s not as bleak as some identikit stadiums. Bolton and Stoke can both be really miserable places. Cardiff is grim inside with huge echoing, bare concrete spaces. Swansea’s only saving grace is it’s quite small so can generate a bit of an atmosphere and the bare expanses of concrete are fairly small.

They’ve had extremes. You’d struggle to find a more ‘characterful’ ground than the Vetch (dump and fire hazard though it was). The Swansea.com, as it’s now known, is very dull in comparison. Even its new name is dull.

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 22:16 - Sep 16 with 1154 viewsMelford

It's one thing us doing the same last year when we were signing the top talent for that level in League One, we were signing the best players in the division that most clubs in it would have killed for.

They're trying to do the same thing stepping up into the Premier League but without the players of the same quality relative to the league.

I do wonder how much the transfer policy is dictated by the manager or owner, it's a hell of a lot of players to bed in very quickly under the most intense pressure.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 22:18 - Sep 16 with 1148 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:33 - Sep 16 by giant_stow

Good, I want their spend spend spend approach to fail

Understandable.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 22:46 - Sep 16 with 1063 viewsdominiciawful

I think it might end in tears for them.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 22:46]

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 22:59 - Sep 16 with 1036 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 22:16 - Sep 16 by Melford

It's one thing us doing the same last year when we were signing the top talent for that level in League One, we were signing the best players in the division that most clubs in it would have killed for.

They're trying to do the same thing stepping up into the Premier League but without the players of the same quality relative to the league.

I do wonder how much the transfer policy is dictated by the manager or owner, it's a hell of a lot of players to bed in very quickly under the most intense pressure.

Yep. I think it’s all being dictated by the new owner(s). We also needed to replace an aging and underperforming squad. They’d just won promotion. They would have needed to strengthen of course, but you don’t have to throw the baby out with the bath water and all that.

Who knows, maybe it will click for them. If not they could be stuffed financially.

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 23:02 - Sep 16 with 1026 viewsitfcsuth

Has that strategy ever worked - I seem to recall other sides using that approach, notably Fulham went big one year.

There was an element of needing to recruit for them - they had a lot of loans and expiring contracts in the Championship.

I think it’s fair to say they certainly went overboard with it though.
Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 23:02 - Sep 16 with 1028 viewsChurchman

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 22:16 - Sep 16 by Melford

It’s interesting isn’t it. Norwich didn’t spend a great deal, relatively, and we’re relegated by the end of August. Forest are throwing a bit of money at it and it’s not going well. Chelsea spent a fortune then sacked their manager before the leaves turned brown. So which way to go?

I think get your club set up alright, develop a team that can get promoted, play in a way that can win a few games as we did in 2000 and dirty Leeds did with Bielsa and try and develop it without losing cohesion as Leicester did. Easier said than done.

Owner or manager decisions? For their sake you’d hope the manager had the final say but who knows these days.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 23:26]
Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 10:28 - Sep 17 with 663 viewsIpswichKnight

Nottingham “expensively assembled” Forest doing well on 21:53 - Sep 16 by Swansea_Blue

Don’t forget Marcus interviewed Potter and still employed Hurst. It was such a time to be alive!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024