Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the point in VAR 18:27 - May 29 with 4183 viewsNeedhamChris

I wanted Forest to win this, but Huddersfield have been robbed here.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

What is the point in VAR on 18:37 - May 29 with 3128 viewsfloridablue

Seems to be complicating the game more and more..... bin it!
What is the point in VAR on 18:41 - May 29 with 3089 viewsPhilTWTD

A level of incompetence which almost belies credulity.
What is the point in VAR on 18:44 - May 29 with 3069 viewsSarge

Nowhere near enough contact to bring him down and the theatrical leap did him no favours. Contact doesn’t always equal foul and well done to the ref for not buying it.
What is the point in VAR on 18:46 - May 29 with 3037 viewsNeedhamChris

What is the point in VAR on 18:44 - May 29 by Sarge

Nowhere near enough contact to bring him down and the theatrical leap did him no favours. Contact doesn’t always equal foul and well done to the ref for not buying it.

That one is more arguable, but the second one that you don't seem to have acknowledged was a stonewall every day of the week

What is the point in VAR on 18:49 - May 29 with 3008 viewsMattinLondon

What is the point in VAR on 18:37 - May 29 by floridablue

I would keep it, but like tennis, give each team three appeals per half. I wouldn’t have a VAR ref in the stadium highlighting mistakes.
What is the point in VAR on 18:49 - May 29 with 3000 viewsSarge

What is the point in VAR on 18:46 - May 29 by NeedhamChris

That one is more arguable, but the second one that you don't seem to have acknowledged was a stonewall every day of the week

Apologies, I didn’t watch the whole game only saw the Colback-Toffolo incident.
What is the point in VAR on 18:51 - May 29 with 2983 viewsPhilTWTD

What is the point in VAR on 18:49 - May 29 by Sarge

If that wasn't a penalty I'm not sure what is, to be honest. Blatant trip on a player running at pace into the area.
What is the point in VAR on 18:52 - May 29 with 2970 viewsNeedhamChris

What is the point in VAR on 18:49 - May 29 by Sarge

Sorry I was a bit sharp there. Here it is

But tbf I still think the first one is too. It's easy to say there's little contact but at that pace that's enough to knock you off your feet
[Post edited 29 May 2022 18:53]

Login to get fewer ads

What is the point in VAR on 18:59 - May 29 with 2896 viewsSarge

What is the point in VAR on 18:52 - May 29 by NeedhamChris

But tbf I still think the first one is too. It's easy to say there's little contact but at that pace that's enough to knock you off your feet

I’m not and have never been a competent footballer so don’t know what it’s actually like to encounter a tackle like that, but as for the one in that clip it’s hard to argue it’s not a penalty.
What is the point in VAR on 19:20 - May 29 with 2794 viewsjaykay

it took an age for var to come to a no penalty decision. so how moss could have booked him for diving i don't know. also if said player had already been booked , he would have been off. var then couldn't get the 2 nd yellow rescinded as they would have to give a penalty

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What is the point in VAR on 19:34 - May 29 with 2736 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, brought in VAR for one game only and then miss 2 stone wall penalties

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What is the point in VAR on 19:38 - May 29 with 2709 viewsmikeybloo88

I’d say there was possibly no contact...
What is the point in VAR on 19:49 - May 29 with 2656 viewsstrikalite

In the words of Alan Shearer "if you feel contact you're entitled to go down" ...I think you can safely bet that there was a touch of contact, but hey how about we make the penalty area much smaller and see who goes down then! Be a totally different game..
What is the point in VAR on 20:13 - May 29 with 2556 viewsChurchman

What is the point in VAR on 18:37 - May 29 by floridablue

I would bin it too.

In real time it looked a penalty to me. Not so sure in slo-mo. There was a later challenge that was definitely a penalty.

I have no feelings either way and thought overall Forest were the better side, but I felt they got the balance of decisions going their way. I also understand why gamesmanship is the norm, but I don’t like it and thought Forest pushed their luck a bit.

Regardless, their manager has done a brilliant job, they’ve been the best team so well done to them. Nice for DJs son too.
[Post edited 29 May 2022 22:10]
What is the point in VAR on 20:45 - May 29 with 2464 viewsSwansea_Blue

That went to VAR and still wasn’t given? Blimey. Very harsh on Huddersfield.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What is the point in VAR on 21:25 - May 29 with 2330 viewsRozz

I know there's a need for the game to flow, and we can't be stopping for VAR on every challenge & goal, but I think the first incident is a real mess. The fact that Moss has booked the player for diving should be a screaming indication that he's not seen the contact in real time. It's never a yellow for simulation, it's an error. Now, he'd be perfectly entitled to review that on screen and stick with his decision if he felt that it wasn't enough to go down, but what's the point in having this technology if the on field referee is can only ever apply it in situations where the VAR official has basically made the decision?

It's application has improved since early days, but that was shoite today.
What is the point in VAR on 21:32 - May 29 with 2297 viewsunstableblue

What is the point in VAR on 19:34 - May 29 by itfcjoe

Yep, brought in VAR for one game only and then miss 2 stone wall penalties

The trip from behind, Lewis O'Brien tangled with Max Lowe, was a definite penalty - and I don't understand why VAR didn't check it out.

However, me and some mates were discussing the Colback penalty shout for the leg out on Toffolo, and it was a real weird VAR conundrum...

Colback did put a leg in place to foul him, but Toffolo in trying to exaggerate his dive moved his leg away from contact to create a bigger reaction - and this pulled the leg away from actual contact. So there was no contact, he brought himself down. All Toffolo had to do was not go full blown dramatic and its a stonewall penalty.

I hope that makes any sense?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I agree.. on 22:02 - May 29 with 2209 viewsunstableblue

What is the point in VAR on 18:44 - May 29 by Sarge

… posted above the same

His theatrical dive in anticipation of contact, moved his leg out of the actual contact! So no foul

I agree.. on 22:12 - May 29 with 2175 viewsPhilTWTD

I agree.. on 22:02 - May 29 by unstableblue

… posted above the same

His theatrical dive in anticipation of contact, moved his leg out of the actual contact! So no foul

There was clear contact! As blatant a penalty as you'll see!
I agree.. on 22:16 - May 29 with 2160 viewsunstableblue

I agree.. on 22:12 - May 29 by PhilTWTD

There was clear contact! As blatant a penalty as you'll see!

Between Toffolo and Colback?!

Definitely no contact - as per video:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12623813/huddersfield-deni

Leave the football to the experts Phil !!!

I agree.. on 22:25 - May 29 with 2123 viewsRozz

I agree.. on 22:16 - May 29 by unstableblue

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12623813/huddersfield-deni

Are you watching a different video to the rest of us?
I agree.. on 22:26 - May 29 with 2121 viewsPhilTWTD

I agree.. on 22:16 - May 29 by unstableblue

Contact looks clear from both angles, you can even see Colback's foot moved by it from the first.
I agree.. on 22:57 - May 29 with 2034 viewsLankHenners

I agree.. on 22:26 - May 29 by PhilTWTD

Contact looks clear from both angles, you can even see Colback's foot moved by it from the first.

Colback making the sign of the cross after VAR ruled it no foul was a bit of a clue as well!

Can sympathise with Moss not giving it in real time as the way Toffolo went down looked a bit forced but the footage that the VAR officials get to see made it pretty clear what had happened.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I agree.. on 23:06 - May 29 with 2001 viewsMattinLondon

I agree.. on 22:25 - May 29 by Rozz

Are you watching a different video to the rest of us?

He seemed to go down with the initial contact, but then in midair, exaggerated his dive. Didn’t think that that was humanly possible.

I can see why the referee didn’t give it in real time. But, I’m pretty confident that if the same scenario was played out with Huddersfield being Man City in the PL, then it would have been a penalty after VAR intervention.
I agree.. on 23:55 - May 29 with 1911 viewsunstableblue

I agree.. on 22:26 - May 29 by PhilTWTD

Sorry that video didn’t have the main VAR angle that we watched on big TV

He did actually make contact with colbacks leg. He saw flipped it away from contact as he was exaggerating his dive. It was CMs though.

Stupid from Toffolo in fact. As the dive was such that the ref thought it a dive, and the VAR then showed no contact

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024