Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So team expected to be 08:58 - Sep 18 with 2071 viewsunstableblue

––––––-Walton
Donacien–Edmundson-Burgess–Coulson
––––––-Evans––Harper
–Burns––––Chaplin/Fraser––Aluko
––––––––-Bonne

We miss Edwards pace… he makes the opposition sit deeper… Aluko has played well but he feels more suited to number 10

Donacien will hopefully make us more solid, but less drive forward to link with Burns

Chaplin is due a stand out performance

Edmundson and Burgess need to play well and keep shape

Harper and Evans duo worries me

Burns and Bonne linking gives me some hope, Lincoln will be trying to stop that happen

Not confident today, Lincoln and Appleton move the ball very well, and that’s how Bolton tore us apart

Someone thought I was saying Cooks coaching isn’t a factor in our awful showing against Bolton and that it was all player psychology now. The buck stops with Cook, it’s his coaching, his instruction, his system. What im saying is for all the training drills and manager guidance, RIGHT NOW, it’s player confidence and mind set that is going to get us a result. They look scared and lost to me.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So team expected to be on 09:17 - Sep 18 with 1958 viewsCols21

Is instilling that confidence in players and trying to stop that anxiety not part of an effective manager’s role?

I know it’s not an exact science and can’t be completely controlled or effective but it’s definitely part of Cook’s remit for me whilst appreciating it’s easier said than done.
So team expected to be on 09:18 - Sep 18 with 1943 viewsstrikalite

Yep it's a big test today, not a place you really want to go if you're doubting yourselves, I think Donacien as a solid right back will be a good thing to tighten things up, Coulson can still get up and support as we still have two holding midfielders..

First half an hour is vital I think, we concede early and it really could be a very tough afternoon, focus and keep things very tight and we'll have a chance of a point at least..
So team expected to be on 09:22 - Sep 18 with 1929 viewsPlums

So team expected to be on 09:18 - Sep 18 by strikalite

Yep it's a big test today, not a place you really want to go if you're doubting yourselves, I think Donacien as a solid right back will be a good thing to tighten things up, Coulson can still get up and support as we still have two holding midfielders..

First half an hour is vital I think, we concede early and it really could be a very tough afternoon, focus and keep things very tight and we'll have a chance of a point at least..

As a teenager, I would go and watch Lincoln when I couldn’t get down to Portman Road. I remember thinking how cool it would be to watch Town at Sincil Bank but it could never happen unless it was the cup as the Imps flitted around the lower end of Division 4 and the Conference.

A few decades on and not only are we regular opponents in the league but we’re going there fearing them and have done for more than one season. What a time to be a fan…

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So team expected to be on 09:45 - Sep 18 with 1848 viewsunstableblue

So team expected to be on 09:17 - Sep 18 by Cols21

Is instilling that confidence in players and trying to stop that anxiety not part of an effective manager’s role?

I know it’s not an exact science and can’t be completely controlled or effective but it’s definitely part of Cook’s remit for me whilst appreciating it’s easier said than done.

Totally agree a big part of the manager role is firing up and motivating the team… get brief into them

But my point is that where we are now, it’s gone beyond what he can do, this is psychological, this is individual player confidence.

They could have had the best system and training in the world but that second half against Bolton, players weren’t even trying!!

So team expected to be on 09:58 - Sep 18 with 1806 viewsstrikalite

So team expected to be on 09:22 - Sep 18 by Plums

As a teenager, I would go and watch Lincoln when I couldn’t get down to Portman Road. I remember thinking how cool it would be to watch Town at Sincil Bank but it could never happen unless it was the cup as the Imps flitted around the lower end of Division 4 and the Conference.

A few decades on and not only are we regular opponents in the league but we’re going there fearing them and have done for more than one season. What a time to be a fan…

Yeah I kind of know the feeling as I'm now in Peterborough and years ago would sometimes walk down to London Road just to take in a game, we were always at least a league above them.....I won't even get onto the 7-1 and 1-4 absolute nightmare shows of recent years but I still can't get my head around the fact that they're now where we should be at the very least...
So team expected to be on 09:59 - Sep 18 with 1805 viewsChrisd

So team expected to be on 09:18 - Sep 18 by strikalite

Start KVY, he was poor last week, but he’ll know that. It comes down to who our best RB is and if KVY and Donacien are both fully fit, then KVY starts for me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So team expected to be on 10:02 - Sep 18 with 1791 viewsDubtractor

So team expected to be on 09:59 - Sep 18 by Chrisd

Start KVY, he was poor last week, but he’ll know that. It comes down to who our best RB is and if KVY and Donacien are both fully fit, then KVY starts for me.

I'd start KVY too.

He really was astonishingly bad against Bolton, but to be fair he played quite well against Wimbledon.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So team expected to be on 10:06 - Sep 18 with 1746 viewspointofblue

So team expected to be on 10:02 - Sep 18 by Dubtractor

I'd start KVY too.

He really was astonishingly bad against Bolton, but to be fair he played quite well against Wimbledon.

How do Lincoln play? If they have a left winger ready to rip us apart we’d be better off starting Donacien. If not, then KVY.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

So team expected to be on 10:07 - Sep 18 with 1736 viewschicoazul

I'd start KVY too.

I’d play Kane but with Janoi next to him at CB and Caroll inside him at CM.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So team expected to be on 10:07 - Sep 18 with 1741 viewsGarv

Isn't that the beauty of the sport?

Crap for us of course, but the situation reflects well on Lincoln more than it reflects badly on us.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So team expected to be on 10:09 - Sep 18 with 1728 viewsunstableblue

I'd start KVY too.

Yes I thought KVY was on the road back to good form

The RB (and LB) are a little too pivotal in Cooks system, you almost can’t afford a bad day at the office

But man was KVY skinned alive by the Bolton player and the penalty was U11s levels of stupidity

In some ways we need to solidify and get more solid after Bolton disaster

Whilst I agree KVY is the type of character not to repeat that form… can Cook risk it? Donacien defends well

So team expected to be on 10:10 - Sep 18 with 1726 viewsstrikalite

Just think he's a yard still off it right now, agree he's by far the better wing back but I'd go with Donacien today and keep it solid, of course you could argue both ways, no doubt KVY is being asked to do both jobs up the flank and I understand that can reflect badly on him for others not slotting in..
So team expected to be on 12:21 - Sep 18 with 1529 viewsWickets

Realisation kicking in as to where we are at now and i can say the same for a visit to the Abbey stadium in Cambridge in about a month .
So team expected to be on 12:26 - Sep 18 with 1504 viewsTonytown

So team expected to be on 10:10 - Sep 18 by strikalite

Just think he's a yard still off it right now, agree he's by far the better wing back but I'd go with Donacien today and keep it solid, of course you could argue both ways, no doubt KVY is being asked to do both jobs up the flank and I understand that can reflect badly on him for others not slotting in..

The problem with Cooks system is that with 2 full backs bombing in you are exposed at the back.

That’s why there are normally 3 centre backs in that system.
So team expected to be on 12:32 - Sep 18 with 1481 viewsSarge

Please don’t tell me this is the team.

After last week’s sh1tshow, we’re only going to make one change?
So team expected to be on 12:36 - Sep 18 with 1452 viewsunstableblue

So team expected to be on 12:32 - Sep 18 by Sarge

Please don’t tell me this is the team.

After last week’s sh1tshow, we’re only going to make one change?

Injuries though… hopefully Fraser is back in

Although talk of Celina and Edwards

So team expected to be on 12:40 - Sep 18 with 1436 viewsDarth_Koont

Ordinarily, I’d agree. But given the torrid time our CBs had last week and a likely softness in the centre without Morsy, then it makes sense to have a more solid, self-sufficient RB until that’s sorted out.

I think we need to be more solid and compact for a while, especially away from home against a top-half side. We’ve got more than enough in attack. And in any case, Donacien and Coulson are perfectly OK going forward when they get the chance.

Pronouns: He/Him

So team expected to be on 12:42 - Sep 18 with 1429 viewsSarge

So team expected to be on 12:36 - Sep 18 by unstableblue

Injuries though… hopefully Fraser is back in

Although talk of Celina and Edwards

Carroll is available. The Harper/Evans duo cannot continue. Together they’ve done nothing since the Morecambe game.

If Edwards and Celina are fit they have to go in the front four along with Burns and Bonne.

Burgess played CDM for Fulham, I’d be slightly tempted to start him there alongside Carroll and bring Woolfenden back in to the defence. Although Carroll plus one of Harper/Evans, preferably
Harper, would suffice
So team expected to be on 12:45 - Sep 18 with 1405 viewsstrikalite

So team expected to be on 12:26 - Sep 18 by Tonytown

The problem with Cooks system is that with 2 full backs bombing in you are exposed at the back.

That’s why there are normally 3 centre backs in that system.

I think the idea is you have that four(two centre backs and two holding mids) as a block, but they have to sense the danger wherever that is, you can't leave all that massive space out wide if the full backs are up the pitch, even moving five yards wider would help a lot to get over and close out the winger.....
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 12:46]
So team expected to be on 12:51 - Sep 18 with 1362 viewsunstableblue

So team expected to be on 12:42 - Sep 18 by Sarge

Carroll is available. The Harper/Evans duo cannot continue. Together they’ve done nothing since the Morecambe game.

If Edwards and Celina are fit they have to go in the front four along with Burns and Bonne.

Burgess played CDM for Fulham, I’d be slightly tempted to start him there alongside Carroll and bring Woolfenden back in to the defence. Although Carroll plus one of Harper/Evans, preferably
Harper, would suffice

In some ways we’ve got to minimise the changes and allow the team to settle…

For example the centre backs from Saturday

But yeah Carrol would be good…. But he played all Tuesday

Think changing the front 4 is a little less problematic

Clearly Edwards a must starter if fit… Celina probably as well

Chaplin and Fraser will find form I’m sure

So team expected to be on 12:54 - Sep 18 with 1338 viewsDarth_Koont

So team expected to be on 12:42 - Sep 18 by Sarge

Harper, would suffice

Interesting re: Burgess as CDM. Although was that only when he was younger and lighter? He’s got the ball skills but looks to have too big a turning circle now in midfield.

Wonder if we’ll see El Mizouni or Humphreys used to cover Morsy. Both seem to have a bit more energy and bite than Evans, Harper and Carroll.

Oh and there’s Nolan too but always been hard to figure him out on the back of the last three years in a dysfunctional team (that he himself played a part in).

Pronouns: He/Him

So team expected to be on 12:55 - Sep 18 with 1338 viewsParisBlue

If Celina is fit for 60mins I'd throw him in. We need a spark and he's a class apart

Donacian not bombing forward may help the midfield to go forward a bit more and not having to cover. They need to be more than additional defenders.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024