Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambo final interviews now up... 19:43 - May 14 with 4431 viewsSwailsey

Seems to back up the stories about brief meetings.

I can’t help but just love him.

[Post edited 14 May 2021 19:44]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Chambo final interviews now up... on 19:45 - May 14 with 3352 viewsIllinoisblue

Watched the first few minutes; interesting comments about us not signing players that were ‘promised’ when he joined us. And the bit about the back room staff not getting the help they deserved.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Chambo final interviews now up... on 19:46 - May 14 with 3303 viewsSwailsey

Chambo final interviews now up... on 19:45 - May 14 by Illinoisblue

Watched the first few minutes; interesting comments about us not signing players that were ‘promised’ when he joined us. And the bit about the back room staff not getting the help they deserved.

Yeah. A few fairly eye opening bits, especially coming from the official club account.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Chambo final interviews now up... on 19:47 - May 14 with 3302 viewsitfcjoe

Not sure he is quite able to tow the company line as well as Skuse can....guess similar to playing styles of heart on sleeve vs cool, calm and collected

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chambo final interviews now up... on 19:48 - May 14 with 3251 viewsSwailsey

Chambo final interviews now up... on 19:47 - May 14 by itfcjoe

Not sure he is quite able to tow the company line as well as Skuse can....guess similar to playing styles of heart on sleeve vs cool, calm and collected

Very much so!!!

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:04 - May 14 with 3087 viewsMB26

There's a lot of emotion there. Clearly feels the rug has been pulled from under him and plenty of hints to the overall regression of the club. The captaincy comments are particularly interesting too..
Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:06 - May 14 with 3067 viewsTown_Boy

Sounds like his “meeting” was a quick thanks for your service but no thanks.

Would be gutted if he’s been treated like crap from cook and Roberts

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:15 - May 14 with 2922 viewsCoco

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:06 - May 14 by Town_Boy

Pile on Cook........again.

Lol

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:24 - May 14 with 2823 viewsBasuco

The more that comes out about Paul Cook the more nervous I am about next season, hope I am wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:32 - May 14 with 2721 viewsBlueForYou

Chambers is well past his sell by date! You wouldn't buy him in Sainsburys...!!
Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:32 - May 14 with 2724 viewsgordon

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:15 - May 14 by Coco

Pile on Cook........again.

Lol

The guy has been brilliant for the club over 9 years, there's nothing wrong with hoping the club went about things in the right way.
Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:37 - May 14 with 2666 viewsWestover

I think Town should have a joint testimonial for Chambers and Skuse they deserve one IMO.
Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:43 - May 14 with 2598 viewsOsborneOneNil

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:24 - May 14 by Basuco

The more that comes out about Paul Cook the more nervous I am about next season, hope I am wrong.

Christ alive.
Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:45 - May 14 with 2557 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:06 - May 14 by Town_Boy

So when all the players were making a point of hugging him on Sunday, he didn’t know til Monday’s meeting that he was going?

Come off it.

“One more time”

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:56 - May 14 with 2438 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:37 - May 14 by Westover

I think Town should have a joint testimonial for Chambers and Skuse they deserve one IMO.

Completely agree.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:59 - May 14 with 2419 viewsVic

Seemed quite emotional at times and it’s sad that his time here finished as it did.

However - what struck me is the lack of grief at the way the club has declined in the last few years. He says how proud he has been, what a great club and how he’s tried to instill standards (not leaving crumbs on the floor!) which is fine, but all the while the team has been declining. I’m sure I’ll get letters for this, but for the first time I think I see a little glimpse of the way standards have declined, and how accepting the players (the captain no less) have become of the situation.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Chambo, and I know this is an exit video - but I’d have preferred him to be saying over and over again how much it has hurt him that the club has got to where it has.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:06 - May 14 with 2332 viewsWD19

I didn’t enjoy that. I know it won’t be a popular view, and I have been a great supporter of his, but some of his comments left me with a sense that he may well have been pissing in the tent for quite some time.
Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:08 - May 14 with 2300 viewsgtsb1966

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:37 - May 14 by Westover

Testimonials in a pandemic when people are either losing their jobs or only getting a percentage of their pay. Get real FFS. Who does testimonials anymore anyway.
Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:08 - May 14 with 2298 viewsclive_baker

Chambo final interviews now up... on 19:47 - May 14 by itfcjoe

Literally got the departing captain, published through the official club channels, trying to bite his tongue yet still saying ‘it could’ve been handled differently’. Meanwhile chumps on here will defend Cook to the hilt. Staggering.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:12 - May 14 with 2240 viewsgtsb1966

Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:08 - May 14 by clive_baker

Literally got the departing captain, published through the official club channels, trying to bite his tongue yet still saying ‘it could’ve been handled differently’. Meanwhile chumps on here will defend Cook to the hilt. Staggering.

How do you defend the last 10+ years then?
Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:16 - May 14 with 2195 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Chambo final interviews now up... on 20:24 - May 14 by Basuco

Why? Because he isn't a sentimental type?

You were told by the owners and Cook that it'd be a major overhaul and radical changes in order to move the club forward.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 21:20]
Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:18 - May 14 with 2162 viewsWicklowBlue

Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:08 - May 14 by clive_baker

Is there any nice way of saying your time is up, you're fired? I've had to have similar conversations throughout my career and there is no nice way to approach it.

Cook is on record saying that Chambo would have a part to play so who do you believe? Actually does it really matter, loads of respect for our No. 4 but as with all things in life his time is up and new adventures on the horizon for the club and him. No I'll feelings but we need to move on.
Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:18 - May 14 with 2152 viewsgtsb1966

Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:16 - May 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Why? Because he isn't a sentimental type?

You were told by the owners and Cook that it'd be a major overhaul and radical changes in order to move the club forward.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 21:20]

Exactly...and now it's happening there are some moaning about it. What do they want?
Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:26 - May 14 with 2045 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:08 - May 14 by gtsb1966

Testimonials in a pandemic when people are either losing their jobs or only getting a percentage of their pay. Get real FFS. Who does testimonials anymore anyway.

Proceeds usually go to charity these days.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:29 - May 14 with 2019 viewsgtsb1966

Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:26 - May 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Proceeds usually go to charity these days.

I'd be interested to know when the last testimonial game was played in the professional game. On a side note the last one I attended was Beatties I think.
Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:35 - May 14 with 1942 viewsitfcjoe

Chambo final interviews now up... on 21:29 - May 14 by gtsb1966

I'd be interested to know when the last testimonial game was played in the professional game. On a side note the last one I attended was Beatties I think.

They happen quite often, obviously not in last year or so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024