Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car 11:08 - Dec 9 with 1990 viewsGavTWTD

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/moment-hear

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 11:09 - Dec 9 with 1955 viewswkj

Some say heartless, I say genius. (with irony)
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 20:48]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 11:46 - Dec 9 with 1882 viewsKeno

was that you driving and did you think the little boy was Bluefish?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:03 - Dec 9 with 1846 viewsSuperblue95

Someone did that to me a few years ago on my way to college, I could clearly hear the car speed up when it saw I was going to be walking past the puddle as they passed. They were driving a BMW too in case there was any doubt whether they were being an arsehole or not.

Still didn’t stop me smirking while watching that video though.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:16 - Dec 9 with 1822 viewsWarkystache

Bloke did that to a mate of mine in the nineties and he picked up a stone from the pavement and put his rear window through.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:25 - Dec 9 with 1806 viewsfactual_blue

He should send the dash cam footage to the police

https://mocktheorytest.com/resources/is-it-illegal-to-splash-pedestrians-with-a-

Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act - careless, aggressive or inconsiderate behaviour on the road. You could be summoned to court, fined £150 and given three penalty points. The same applies to cyclists, although as things stand they can't be given penalty points.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:25 - Dec 9 with 1797 viewsfactual_blue

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 11:09 - Dec 9 by wkj

And the law says 'crime'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:28 - Dec 9 with 1784 viewsMattinLondon

You set a pretty low bar for the term ‘genius’.
Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:48 - Dec 9 with 1754 viewswkj

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:28 - Dec 9 by MattinLondon

You set a pretty low bar for the term ‘genius’.

Such are the perils of written text, my reply was meant with as much sarcasm as I could muster.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:52 - Dec 9 with 1753 viewsBloomBlue

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:25 - Dec 9 by factual_blue

https://mocktheorytest.com/resources/is-it-illegal-to-splash-pedestrians-with-a-

Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act - careless, aggressive or inconsiderate behaviour on the road. You could be summoned to court, fined £150 and given three penalty points. The same applies to cyclists, although as things stand they can't be given penalty points.

I actually know of a situation where someone last year received 3 points on their license for that. Probably unlucky as they had an unmarked police car behind them but there wasn't any cars coming in the opposite direction so no excuse for the driver not swerving and they classed it as deliberate and inconsiderate
Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 13:46 - Dec 9 with 1697 viewsMattinLondon

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:48 - Dec 9 by wkj

Such are the perils of written text, my reply was meant with as much sarcasm as I could muster.

Apologies.
Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 13:57 - Dec 9 with 1676 viewsDinDjarin

Reminded me of this

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 13:58 - Dec 9 with 1681 viewshype313

Happened to me and my wife a few weeks back with cries of "pavement w*****s" shouted at us. To be fair we both laughed, as we were already soaked from the downpour.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 14:52 - Dec 9 with 1622 viewsMattinLondon

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 13:57 - Dec 9 by DinDjarin

Reminded me of this

Please tell me the police tracked them down and fined them.
Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 14:58 - Dec 9 with 1604 viewsGeoffSentence

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:03 - Dec 9 by Superblue95

Someone did that to me a few years ago on my way to college, I could clearly hear the car speed up when it saw I was going to be walking past the puddle as they passed. They were driving a BMW too in case there was any doubt whether they were being an arsehole or not.

Still didn’t stop me smirking while watching that video though.

It is funny when it happens to someone else.

Would have been even better if the car with the dashcam had followed up too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 15:00 - Dec 9 with 1596 viewsClapham_Junction

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 14:52 - Dec 9 by MattinLondon

Please tell me the police tracked them down and fined them.

It was staged apparently.
Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 15:52 - Dec 9 with 1558 viewsWeWereZombies

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:25 - Dec 9 by factual_blue

I saw a bus driver do it to a female cyclist, complete in floral long dress, when I was at Cambridge Folk Festival some years ago. A bus can throw up a lot of water. Even though I was entitled to free bus travel at the time I never took any, and I have never used a bus in Cambridge since.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 15:59 - Dec 9 with 1545 viewsPhilTWTD

Splash cam footage, surely.
Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 21:33 - Dec 9 with 1374 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Unfortunately, the driver of the offending vehicle has done something clever to cover up his number plate hasn't he?

In all seriousness, I would imagine the footage has been passed on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 21:58 - Dec 9 with 1341 viewsSuperblue95

It’s good to see people didn’t take this post too seriously.

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:04 - Dec 9 with 1325 viewsjeera

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 21:58 - Dec 9 by Superblue95

It’s good to see people didn’t take this post too seriously.

How can you agree with him!?? I hate you!!

I did watch it and think what kind of bully does that to a kid though.

And then at the same I also laughed.

It's not ok is it?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:06 - Dec 9 with 1320 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:04 - Dec 9 by jeera

It's not ok is it?

I am still struggling to see the irony. Unless wkj thought the kid was getting married and was likely to mistake the splashing for rain. That would have been ironic.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:12 - Dec 9 with 1307 viewsjeera

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:06 - Dec 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am still struggling to see the irony. Unless wkj thought the kid was getting married and was likely to mistake the splashing for rain. That would have been ironic.

What if he then got a free ride home despite having previously bought a ticket?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:13 - Dec 9 with 1305 viewsSuperblue95

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:04 - Dec 9 by jeera

It's not ok is it?

You love me really.

I think any of us not downvoting wkj are probably just evil bastards. I’m comfortable with that fact.

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:15 - Dec 9 with 1299 viewsMelford

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 12:16 - Dec 9 by Warkystache

Bloke did that to a mate of mine in the nineties and he picked up a stone from the pavement and put his rear window through.

The road I live on is a very quiet very narrow one way road, I was walking up the road one night and a car came hammering up the wrong way beeping at me to get out of the way and shouted "prick" at me as he drove past. I pulled a pound coin out of my pocket and did his back window with it, then jumped over the fence into the cowfield where he was never going to find me.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:30 - Dec 9 with 1273 viewswkj

Meanwhile in Manchester, person gets soaked by car on 22:06 - Dec 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

The amount of ironing he has to do now has gone up, its a simple link.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024