Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile - over in Brexit 15:10 - Apr 24 with 1361 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52414155

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 16:15 - Apr 24 with 1323 viewslinhdi

Hardly surprising. The government's best brains are hard at work on COVID19 stuff. At least that's going well. Oh.
Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 16:46 - Apr 24 with 1301 viewsDarth_Koont

"Failed to engage substantially" seems to be the story of the past 4 years with our Brexit politicians. Why change now?

Pronouns: He/Him

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 16:57 - Apr 24 with 1279 viewsSwansea_Blue

#anotherleftybumfest

#believeharder

#getoveritloosersIdidn'tnotdieinWWIItobetoldwhattodobyakraut

Interesting blog here from Chris Grey on culture wars, Brexit, Covid-19 and all that guff.

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2020/04/coronavirus-and-brexit.html

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 18:06 - Apr 24 with 1238 viewsBlueBadger

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 16:57 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

#anotherleftybumfest

#believeharder

#getoveritloosersIdidn'tnotdieinWWIItobetoldwhattodobyakraut

Interesting blog here from Chris Grey on culture wars, Brexit, Covid-19 and all that guff.

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2020/04/coronavirus-and-brexit.html

You forgot to say 'balls' and 'rule Britannia'.

It's going to be great but I'm not going to outline any actual benefits...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 18:12 - Apr 24 with 1232 viewsSwansea_Blue

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 18:06 - Apr 24 by BlueBadger

You forgot to say 'balls' and 'rule Britannia'.

It's going to be great but I'm not going to outline any actual benefits...

Minor correction on that. No benefits, unless you fetish over the colour of your passport .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 18:38 - Apr 24 with 1224 viewshampstead_blue

What's new?~

The EU are crowing because they can't get what they want and we are digging our heels in.

They seriously want to fish and drain our territorial waters of fish!
It's a totally stupid proposal which should be sunk to the bottom of the channel.

Barnier will just keep on crowing that we won't give them exactly what they want and the remainers will just keep on sharing it.

Our waters. End of.

Edit; Have any of those wanting the EU to drain our seas of fish seen the documentary about the Cornish fishing industry?
There are Cornish boats who cannot fish in UK waters because the EU quotas go to the EU and NOT the Brits!
Go figure.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 18:40]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 18:59 - Apr 24 with 1198 viewsjeera

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 18:38 - Apr 24 by hampstead_blue

What's new?~

The EU are crowing because they can't get what they want and we are digging our heels in.

It's a totally stupid proposal which should be sunk to the bottom of the channel.

Barnier will just keep on crowing that we won't give them exactly what they want and the remainers will just keep on sharing it.

Our waters. End of.

Edit; Have any of those wanting the EU to drain our seas of fish seen the documentary about the Cornish fishing industry?
There are Cornish boats who cannot fish in UK waters because the EU quotas go to the EU and NOT the Brits!
Go figure.

With respect you clearly haven't a clue how it works.

I'm no expert either but I do know that much of the catch fished from 'our' waters is indeed British quota, sold to EU firms by British companies.

The British fishing industry isn't a single entity owned by the country, but is made up of many components, some of whom are large companies who can do with their quotas as they like.

And they do.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 19:03]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 19:06 - Apr 24 with 1175 viewsPinewoodblue

The biggest issue seems to be ensuring that the UK doesn’t gain an unfair advantage in any trade deal.

It is to the advantage to all of us that a deal is struck as soon as possible. There is no valid reason for any extensions as, as was shown throughout the negotiations previously undertaken, the EU has no intention of budging.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 21:18 - Apr 24 with 1102 viewsgazzer1999

Last time I looked brexit had already happened.
Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 21:26 - Apr 24 with 1097 viewsjeera

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 21:18 - Apr 24 by gazzer1999

What?

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 22:16 - Apr 24 with 1075 viewsm14_blue

What's new?~

Our waters. End of.

Go figure.

Genuine question, why are Brexit types always so obsessed with fishing?

They’re quite happy to do irreparable damage to other industries in pursuit of their ideology and fixate on this particular 0.1% of the economy.

None of the people I speak to had the least interest or knowledge about the fishing industry or how it works and yet they talk so passionately about it.

It’s weird.
Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 22:21 - Apr 24 with 1074 viewsjeera

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 22:16 - Apr 24 by m14_blue

They’re quite happy to do irreparable damage to other industries in pursuit of their ideology and fixate on this particular 0.1% of the economy.

None of the people I speak to had the least interest or knowledge about the fishing industry or how it works and yet they talk so passionately about it.

It’s weird.

And I have never seen a shortage of fish because of membership either.

If I want some sort of fish for dinner, it tends to be available at reasonable cost.

I don't have to learn Dutch in order to buy it.

It's just something to cling on to for many people.

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 22:47 - Apr 24 with 1061 viewssyntaxerror

You win the bright spark of the day award, just pipping Matt Handjob to the post. His comment of that the lack of PPE may not be the reason for NHS staff deaths, as they might have caught it elsewhere, was a pretty hard one to beat.

So well played Gazz.
Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 09:30 - Apr 25 with 989 viewshampstead_blue

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 22:16 - Apr 24 by m14_blue

It’s weird.

Barnier mentioned fishing and the level playing field as the two obstacles he wants us to bend over on.

It also resonates with the recent documentary on the Cornish fishing industry.

I am merely expanding on his point and am not an expert on the fishing industry which is why I referenced the documentary. I'll leave the last word to the men and women of Cornwall.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 09:31 - Apr 25 with 988 viewshampstead_blue

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 18:59 - Apr 24 by jeera

With respect you clearly haven't a clue how it works.

I'm no expert either but I do know that much of the catch fished from 'our' waters is indeed British quota, sold to EU firms by British companies.

The British fishing industry isn't a single entity owned by the country, but is made up of many components, some of whom are large companies who can do with their quotas as they like.

And they do.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 19:03]

My points are drawn from those in the industry and from the documentary on the BBC.

It's all there, I've just shared it and not coloured it at all.

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 09:34 - Apr 25 with 982 viewsm14_blue

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 09:30 - Apr 25 by hampstead_blue

Barnier mentioned fishing and the level playing field as the two obstacles he wants us to bend over on.

It also resonates with the recent documentary on the Cornish fishing industry.

I am merely expanding on his point and am not an expert on the fishing industry which is why I referenced the documentary. I'll leave the last word to the men and women of Cornwall.

Yep, I wasn’t having a pop at you, more an observation about how fishing has been made into this huge, completely disproportionate, issue by Brexiteers.
Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 09:40 - Apr 25 with 970 viewshampstead_blue

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 09:34 - Apr 25 by m14_blue

Yep, I wasn’t having a pop at you, more an observation about how fishing has been made into this huge, completely disproportionate, issue by Brexiteers.

It's cool. I wasn't ruffled more wanted to make sure it didn't sound like a Brexit rant.

BTW, the documentary is incredibly interesting. If anything you get a chance to see how people are living in a different part of the country.

Enjoy the sun.

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 09:43 - Apr 25 with 961 viewseireblue

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 09:31 - Apr 25 by hampstead_blue

My points are drawn from those in the industry and from the documentary on the BBC.

It's all there, I've just shared it and not coloured it at all.

Not coloured it.

“ The EU are crowing because they can't get what they want and we are digging our heels in.

It's a totally stupid proposal which should be sunk to the bottom of the channel. ”

Oh I would say you had the felt tip pens out.
Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 13:59 - Apr 25 with 897 viewsEdwardStone

What's new?~

Our waters. End of.

Go figure.

The old saying goes....

"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day....give a man a fishing quota, he will sell it overseas and then whine, bleat, befriend Farage and vote Brexit"
Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 14:06 - Apr 25 with 884 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Glad it has.

Perhaps we can cancel all these negotiations and just agree to things carrying on as they currently are.

You will all believe Brexit happened and we can still enjoy all the benefits of EU membership.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 14:09 - Apr 25 with 880 viewslinhdi

What's new?~

Our waters. End of.

Go figure.

So why did UK fishing companies sell their quotas to other EU country's fishing companies? It's almost as if not UK businesses can't be bothered to do any work, so just want to pick up the money.
Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 14:17 - Apr 25 with 867 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 19:06 - Apr 24 by Pinewoodblue

The biggest issue seems to be ensuring that the UK doesn’t gain an unfair advantage in any trade deal.

It is to the advantage to all of us that a deal is struck as soon as possible. There is no valid reason for any extensions as, as was shown throughout the negotiations previously undertaken, the EU has no intention of budging.

I guess the valid reason is that we recognise we are better off with what we have than the deal on offer.

As you say, the EU aren't going to give us anything for nothing. Neither will they with the future ongoing negotiations after it is all done. We will be hammered by their better negotiating position again and again and again. All we can hope for is to continue to delay leaving.

I did have someone who still supports Brexit tell me I was ignoring all the benefits and that they will not be apparent until 10 years or so after we leave. He said he trusts the competent people who could then take us back in if it is not better.

So, in other words, Brexit will cause 10 years or more of damage at which point we can rejoin after showing the EU how desperate we are to do so. Great work Brexiteers. Great work.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 03:30 - Apr 26 with 801 viewsKievthegreat

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 19:06 - Apr 24 by Pinewoodblue

The EU needn't budge because they hold all the cards. This is what happens when the world's largest trading block negotiates with a small country in it's backyard.
Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 12:50 - Apr 26 with 736 viewshampstead_blue

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 09:43 - Apr 25 by eireblue

Not coloured it.

“ The EU are crowing because they can't get what they want and we are digging our heels in.

It's a totally stupid proposal which should be sunk to the bottom of the channel. ”

Oh I would say you had the felt tip pens out.

It's coloured 'anti EU'. Red, white, and blue if you like.

Just anti-EU.......

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 13:26 - Apr 26 with 704 viewsClapham_Junction

Meanwhile - over in Brexit on 14:09 - Apr 25 by linhdi

So why did UK fishing companies sell their quotas to other EU country's fishing companies? It's almost as if not UK businesses can't be bothered to do any work, so just want to pick up the money.

Strange that he never seems to see or respond to these types of posts... I guess it would mean having to engage with facts though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024