Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? 19:12 - Feb 22 with 3445 viewskizaitfc

I am an optimistic itfc fan but I cannot see another manager turning this around.

I just cannot see where to start? From front to back I think we need change that is going to involve funding and a bit of a gamble on who we bring in and who we release.

For me to get his club back on the right track it is going to nvolve a lot more than just a managerial change.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:12]

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:13 - Feb 22 with 3415 viewspointofblue

We need ownership change, in reality, but I can't see that happening. Our only hope is somehow Evans stumbles on the right answer by accident.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:16 - Feb 22 with 3384 viewskizaitfc

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:13 - Feb 22 by pointofblue

We need ownership change, in reality, but I can't see that happening. Our only hope is somehow Evans stumbles on the right answer by accident.

Exactly I just don t see the point in constant change of manager we need suitability if nothing else.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:17 - Feb 22 with 3380 viewsRegencyBlue

We need new ownership, simple as that!
Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:17 - Feb 22 with 3379 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:16 - Feb 22 by kizaitfc

Exactly I just don t see the point in constant change of manager we need suitability if nothing else.

What has the current manager done in his 75 games in charge to make you think he is the right man to lead the overhaul you think we need?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:18 - Feb 22 with 3351 viewsthebooks

I think we’re not getting the best out of the team and the squad management has been poor. I also think we’re a bit one-dimesional and plod around a lot. Sometimes that works and we can look like a good “passing” team, other times we just go nowhere.

Lambert did a great job of pulling things together when he arrived, which he should get credit for.

So I think another manager could do better, but yes, there are obviously bigger problems at the club.
Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:29 - Feb 22 with 3285 viewsChurchman

You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear. ITFC is one of the worst run football clubs in professional football, hence our inexorable descent down the leagues. No manager on earth could make anything of this club while Mr faceless Portfolio ticket seller owns it. Bring in Klopp and Guardiola, with Mourinho making the tea and it might scrape mid table in Div 1 next year. That we have clueless Lambert shining his rear end in the managers chair while totting up his pension money and working his way through his Noddy book just means the decline will accelerate.
Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:33 - Feb 22 with 3260 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I would suspect no, but I can’t see fans settling for the current situation.

Evans remain the bulk of the issue, but Lambert is rapidly becoming just as bigger problem.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:58 - Feb 22 with 3201 viewsbazgammon

with the present squad promotion could have and should have easily been attained. Mathematically still possible but unlikely certainly with Lambert at the helm. Evans needs fire PR paul before the Blackpool game and get someone like Warnock in on a short term deal. Failure to do so will see the likes of Downes, Woolfie go plus attendances drop to 10k next season and we will sink lower into the mire. Most of us thought ok, we went down but we will give PRP the benefit of the doubt but he's all pish and wind. Terrible rotation system, tactics, cancelled needless games during international break which took our momentum away, failure to make substitutions at right times. Yes, a change of manager can make a positive difference but if PRP is here at the end of the season then things will get worse, no doubt about it.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 20:02]

Poll: Lambert

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:12 - Feb 22 with 3135 viewsHARRY10

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:58 - Feb 22 by bazgammon

with the present squad promotion could have and should have easily been attained. Mathematically still possible but unlikely certainly with Lambert at the helm. Evans needs fire PR paul before the Blackpool game and get someone like Warnock in on a short term deal. Failure to do so will see the likes of Downes, Woolfie go plus attendances drop to 10k next season and we will sink lower into the mire. Most of us thought ok, we went down but we will give PRP the benefit of the doubt but he's all pish and wind. Terrible rotation system, tactics, cancelled needless games during international break which took our momentum away, failure to make substitutions at right times. Yes, a change of manager can make a positive difference but if PRP is here at the end of the season then things will get worse, no doubt about it.

It is rather a concern that folk it si all that simple.

No understanding of how we got into this position, just a wave of Sooty's wand and bingo...al solved.

Apppint some kind of Jesus figure who could go into the treatment room and cure the sick and lame with a few words.

Fire up the catering by the addition of some extra stuff from the bakery and seafood.

And no oroblem with the Orwell bridge - he could simply walk across the river.

All so simple.... rather like you some might suggest
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 20:13]
Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:21 - Feb 22 with 3087 viewsgazzer1999

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:58 - Feb 22 by bazgammon

We have asked a very stupid question if Warnock is the answer. Mick Mac 2.
Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:24 - Feb 22 with 3072 viewsLeoMuff

We need Ed to pull his finger out and make an offer

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:32 - Feb 22 with 3042 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:24 - Feb 22 by LeoMuff

We need Ed to pull his finger out and make an offer

Why would Ed necessarily be any better as an owner?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:35 - Feb 22 with 3023 viewsLeoMuff

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:32 - Feb 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don’t know but he seems a genuine fan and I would bite his hand off to swap him for Evans, he really can’t do any worse.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:38 - Feb 22 with 3004 viewsPinewoodblue

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:32 - Feb 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Might get better performances out of the players available if he was manager.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:40 - Feb 22 with 2984 viewskizaitfc

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:17 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

What has the current manager done in his 75 games in charge to make you think he is the right man to lead the overhaul you think we need?

Bot much different then MM did in his final 2 years and PH are they all bad managers or is there something else dragging us down?

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:45 - Feb 22 with 2958 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:40 - Feb 22 by kizaitfc

Bot much different then MM did in his final 2 years and PH are they all bad managers or is there something else dragging us down?

Well Mick did more at a higher level, but it looks like Paul Lambert is proving to be a bad manager

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 20:46 - Feb 22 with 2954 viewshamburger_sv

Lee Bowyer at Charlton under Duchatelet, Mark Robins at Coventry under SISU

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 21:54 - Feb 22 with 2854 viewsBlueBadger

It's true enough that the club needs a top-to-bottom overhaul, bt it also needs a new manager, because Lambert is crap.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 22:10 - Feb 22 with 2791 viewsMelford

Elton John did pretty well when he had Watford. If Ed buys it then leaves the running of it to someone who actually has experience of doing that job well like Elton did with Graham Taylor, who he let run the club from top to bottom as manager then later came back as DOF then it must be better than what we have now.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 23:22 - Feb 22 with 2706 viewspatrickswell

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:17 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

I think the club are desperate to get this season done with. They don’t want the pressure of trying to get up immediately, instead they want to try and keep expectation at bay by engaging in a “build” with all the attendant pleas for patience and giving things time.

They are attempting to roll out failure over another 2/3 seasons on the grounds of incremental progress.
Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 01:15 - Feb 23 with 2595 viewsBlueBadger

Does anyone seriously believe another manager is going to change this club??? on 19:18 - Feb 22 by thebooks

I think we’re not getting the best out of the team and the squad management has been poor. I also think we’re a bit one-dimesional and plod around a lot. Sometimes that works and we can look like a good “passing” team, other times we just go nowhere.

Lambert did a great job of pulling things together when he arrived, which he should get credit for.

So I think another manager could do better, but yes, there are obviously bigger problems at the club.

What exactly did Lambert 'pull together' over than our press conferences when he arrived?

We didn't stop losing limply under him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024