Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans is banking the money for Bart 23:28 - Jan 28 with 5384 viewsTrequartista

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/lambert-on-bialkowski-sale-and-transfer-frustration

i did warn you when you all got excited about spending it.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 23:31 - Jan 28 with 5126 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No surprise.

He spent a big chunk of it on KVY already.

No excuses please Lambert.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 23:32 - Jan 28 with 5110 viewsJ2BLUE

We were always likely to. We will need another keeper in the summer anyway so eventually some of it might get spent.

I'm not sure we can take aim at Evans. He's provided Lambert with a very good squad at this level.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 23:35 - Jan 28 with 5091 viewshaynes_toe1

Can you blame him? Hes already funding one of the most expensive squads in the league and we arent even in the top 2 let alone running away with the title as we should be.
Evans is banking the money for Bart on 23:37 - Jan 28 with 5070 viewsbraveblue

No surprise. It’s in his DNA!!
Evans is banking the money for Bart on 00:01 - Jan 29 with 5004 viewsPhilTWTD

Quotes are available on this site:

Lambert: No Complaints, We Didn't Do Enough 28th Jan 2020 23:19
Town boss Paul Lambert had no complaints about the Blues 1-0 defeat at Rotherham which, along with Wycombe’s 2-1 home win over Blackpool, has seen Town drop to third in League One. The Blues boss added that he didn't expect to be handed any of the Bartosz Bialkowski cash ahead of Friday's transfer deadline. 42

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 00:28 - Jan 29 with 4936 viewsHARRY10

"As I said before, that’s not going to come back in, it’s over a period of time. We don’t have the money to go and spend.” Lambert

So how can Millwall pay us in instalments but we can't pay for a signing the same way ie paying out as the Millwall money comes in

And yes I know most transfers are paid over instalments.
Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:06 - Jan 29 with 4688 viewshoppy

If PL isn’t getting any of the Bart money to spend before Friday, why the hell was there the rush to do the deal with Millwall now, for a much reduced fee? He’s having a good season and could’ve stayed on loan for the rest of it, and then do a deal at the end of the season - with Millwall OR any other interested clubs, of which there were at least a couple. Could’ve commanded a larger fee than we’d agreed last summer based on his form - not vastly less as it appears we have done.

(Obviously, I get that it saves his wages, but how much of that were we still paying anyway, and what percentage were Millwall paying?)
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 7:16]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:37 - Jan 29 with 4605 viewsblueconscience

Did you honestly expect anything different from Evans?

If we sell Downes or Wolf, the max we will get to replace them will probably be 250k for each if Lambert is lucky.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 7:39]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:39 - Jan 29 with 4584 viewsBluefish

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:37 - Jan 29 by blueconscience

Did you honestly expect anything different from Evans?

If we sell Downes or Wolf, the max we will get to replace them will probably be 250k for each if Lambert is lucky.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 7:39]

Do you really believe that?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:41 - Jan 29 with 4578 viewsblueconscience

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:39 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Do you really believe that?

What? That Evans would give Lambert that much money to replace the players with?

Not really, just wishful thinking.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:45 - Jan 29 with 4549 viewsBluefish

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:41 - Jan 29 by blueconscience

What? That Evans would give Lambert that much money to replace the players with?

Not really, just wishful thinking.

Do you really believe that we will sell Downes or Woolf for 250k? I just trying to ascertain your moron level.

The concept of giving the money transfer fees only really works if you run a neutral or if the income outweighs your loss level.

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:47 - Jan 29 with 4538 viewsblueconscience

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:45 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Do you really believe that we will sell Downes or Woolf for 250k? I just trying to ascertain your moron level.

The concept of giving the money transfer fees only really works if you run a neutral or if the income outweighs your loss level.

No, I was saying That no matter what they sell for, the max he would get to spend on replacements would be 250k if he is lucky.

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:49 - Jan 29 with 4524 viewsBluefish

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:47 - Jan 29 by blueconscience

No, I was saying That no matter what they sell for, the max he would get to spend on replacements would be 250k if he is lucky.

Oh ok sorry. I still doubt that is true though. He spent more than that on KVY and no doubtless on countless loan fees. Transfer fees don't mean a lot in the bowman era either, it can simply go on wages instead.

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 09:59 - Jan 29 with 4337 viewsr2d2

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 23:32 - Jan 28 by J2BLUE

We were always likely to. We will need another keeper in the summer anyway so eventually some of it might get spent.

I'm not sure we can take aim at Evans. He's provided Lambert with a very good squad at this level.

Evans provided us with relegation. Mainly because he is clueless. The squad is average at best.
Evans is banking the money for Bart on 10:07 - Jan 29 with 4294 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe it'll partly offset some of the many more millions he'll have to subsidise us this season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 11:38 - Jan 29 with 4209 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 09:59 - Jan 29 by r2d2

Evans provided us with relegation. Mainly because he is clueless. The squad is average at best.

The fans wanted a young up and coming manager with fresh ideas. Evans got Hurst. The fans wanted a rebuild with players plucked from the lower leagues. We got it.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

Truly impaired.

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 11:40 - Jan 29 with 4199 viewsSamWhiteUK

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 07:06 - Jan 29 by hoppy

If PL isn’t getting any of the Bart money to spend before Friday, why the hell was there the rush to do the deal with Millwall now, for a much reduced fee? He’s having a good season and could’ve stayed on loan for the rest of it, and then do a deal at the end of the season - with Millwall OR any other interested clubs, of which there were at least a couple. Could’ve commanded a larger fee than we’d agreed last summer based on his form - not vastly less as it appears we have done.

(Obviously, I get that it saves his wages, but how much of that were we still paying anyway, and what percentage were Millwall paying?)
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 7:16]

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure I read that the point of selling Bart this window was to generate funds....

Looking even more like we've been completely diddled for Bart now. Respected posters on here are saying that Millwall are paying most if not all of his wages, so why the hell didn't we just say, we'll extend the loan?
Evans is banking the money for Bart on 11:45 - Jan 29 with 4185 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 11:40 - Jan 29 by SamWhiteUK

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure I read that the point of selling Bart this window was to generate funds....

Looking even more like we've been completely diddled for Bart now. Respected posters on here are saying that Millwall are paying most if not all of his wages, so why the hell didn't we just say, we'll extend the loan?

We have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes. Bart is clearly loving it there. Maybe he said he was going there or going nowhere and Millwall said now or never? Who knows.

I don't really understand the reaction. He was always leaving on a cut price deal. We already have a replacement #1. Don't believe the rubbish about going for £250k.

Truly impaired.

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 12:18 - Jan 29 with 4134 viewsArnieM

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 00:01 - Jan 29 by PhilTWTD

Quotes are available on this site:

Lambert: No Complaints, We Didn't Do Enough 28th Jan 2020 23:19
Town boss Paul Lambert had no complaints about the Blues 1-0 defeat at Rotherham which, along with Wycombe’s 2-1 home win over Blackpool, has seen Town drop to third in League One. The Blues boss added that he didn't expect to be handed any of the Bartosz Bialkowski cash ahead of Friday's transfer deadline. 42

I don’t get this , because Earlier in week we are told Millwall were paying up front, some £400-£500k , now we are told were not getting the money all at once. So which is it ?

Btw I, not surprised the Money is not available to PL. Evans has an ADDITIONAL £9m shortfall to fund for relegation. So come on people, try and be realistic please!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 13:30 - Jan 29 with 4042 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 13:40 - Jan 29 with 4000 viewsPhilTWTD

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 12:18 - Jan 29 by ArnieM

I don’t get this , because Earlier in week we are told Millwall were paying up front, some £400-£500k , now we are told were not getting the money all at once. So which is it ?

Btw I, not surprised the Money is not available to PL. Evans has an ADDITIONAL £9m shortfall to fund for relegation. So come on people, try and be realistic please!

I reported when the deal was done that it wasn't all up front.
Evans is banking the money for Bart on 14:02 - Jan 29 with 3957 viewsChurchman

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 11:38 - Jan 29 by J2BLUE

The fans wanted a young up and coming manager with fresh ideas. Evans got Hurst. The fans wanted a rebuild with players plucked from the lower leagues. We got it.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

Hindsight on this is irrelevant. Not every young manager is as clueless as Hurst and taking players from the lower leagues is a great idea if they have potential. Just think of the bargain a club in the Championship or Premier League will get in the summer with Downes and Woolfenden. Given ITFC is a shambles of a 1st div club it’ll be chicken feed plus the usual ‘add ons’ paid in instalments sometime never.

The fact that diddy Hurst couldn’t manage his way out of his own bathroom is further testament to Evan’s gross incompetence, not to the idea of a good young manager coming in and doing something with the club. It worked rather well with messrs Ramsey, Robson and Burley.
Evans is banking the money for Bart on 14:08 - Jan 29 with 3937 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans isn’t banking it. It’s going back into the club which loses £6-10m a year.

He’s not taken a penny out of the club and even if he did it’s his own money given the club makes no profit.
Evans is banking the money for Bart on 17:13 - Jan 29 with 3814 viewsBryanPlug

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 14:08 - Jan 29 by Oxford_Blue

Evans isn’t banking it. It’s going back into the club which loses £6-10m a year.

He’s not taken a penny out of the club and even if he did it’s his own money given the club makes no profit.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 20:09 - Jan 29 with 3685 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is banking the money for Bart on 14:02 - Jan 29 by Churchman

Hindsight on this is irrelevant. Not every young manager is as clueless as Hurst and taking players from the lower leagues is a great idea if they have potential. Just think of the bargain a club in the Championship or Premier League will get in the summer with Downes and Woolfenden. Given ITFC is a shambles of a 1st div club it’ll be chicken feed plus the usual ‘add ons’ paid in instalments sometime never.

The fact that diddy Hurst couldn’t manage his way out of his own bathroom is further testament to Evan’s gross incompetence, not to the idea of a good young manager coming in and doing something with the club. It worked rather well with messrs Ramsey, Robson and Burley.

No, it is hindsight.

When he kept Magilton on, the fans supported it. When the fans wanted Magilton sacked for coming top half in the Championship, he was sacked. When the fans wanted a big name, we got Keane. When the fans wanted money spent, Evans gave it to him. When the fans wanted Keane gone, and a safe hand appointed, PJ was brought in. And then given money when the fans wanted Evans to back his man. That money was wasted. When the fans wanted PJ gone, Evans sacked him. When the fans wanted to avoid relegation, MM was brought in as a steady hand. When the fans wanted him sacked, Evans sacked him. When the fans wanted a younger manager from the lower leagues, they got one. When the fans wanted him sacked, he was sacked. Then we had to get a manager who had experience of getting a club from league one to the premiership in consecutive seasons we got Lambert.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024