Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just had a brexit debate with an old pal 16:25 - Jan 27 with 5542 viewsnoggin

He was telling me how he will be celebrating on Friday. When I asked if he was concerned about slowly losing his workers rights, he answered, "I don't care, I'll be living in Spain by then."

Slightly embarrassed to have served in the forces with him.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 16:46 - Jan 27 with 4278 viewsHerbivore

Did you have the freedom of movement conversation with him?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 16:56 - Jan 27 with 4246 viewsbluelagos

On a bright note (of sorts) a brexiteer I know conceded it was rubbish as "They promised us they would stop immigration and that's just gonna carry on as before..."

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 16:56 - Jan 27 with 4236 viewsnoggin

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 16:46 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

Did you have the freedom of movement conversation with him?

No, it's hardly worth the energy.

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 16:57 - Jan 27 with 4229 viewsnoggin

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 16:56 - Jan 27 by bluelagos

On a bright note (of sorts) a brexiteer I know conceded it was rubbish as "They promised us they would stop immigration and that's just gonna carry on as before..."

I expect more of the same in the coming months.

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 18:34 - Jan 27 with 4080 viewsfactual_blue

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 16:57 - Jan 27 by noggin

I expect more of the same in the coming months.

Just wait until boris gives away the fishing rights that farage has spent years single-handedly defending in the EU parliament's fishing committee.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 21:47 - Jan 27 with 3852 viewsfactual_blue

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 16:56 - Jan 27 by noggin

No, it's hardly worth the energy.

As the song goes

Oh there's no one blinder
Than he who won't see'

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 21:57 - Jan 27 with 3831 viewsjeera

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 18:34 - Jan 27 by factual_blue

Just wait until boris gives away the fishing rights that farage has spent years single-handedly defending in the EU parliament's fishing committee.

Britain's fishing companies have been selling their quota, as legally entitled to do*.

That is why there have 'foreign' trawlers spotted closer to our shores.

I wish people would try to understand that 'we' = Britain, don't own rights as such. Fishing is not a nationalised enterprise - it is privately owned by several large companies who do as they please.

*This is not related of course to the small fishing local firms who fish closer to shore.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 22:35 - Jan 27 with 3752 viewsHARRY10

The inescapable question now is ...who is lying ?

The EU or Johnson ?

Either "Johnson told supporters in Northern Ireland that they could put any new paperwork “in the bin” because there would be “no forms, no checks, no barriers of any kind” on goods crossing the Irish Sea." or "the EU’s chief negotiator told an audience in Belfast that the UK had agreed to them as part of a “creative and flexible” solution to the Irish border question."

"Sajid Javid’s recent remarks in a Financial Times interview that the UK would not be aligned to EU rules post-Brexit." or "the EU will not agree to a close neighbour trying to seek an unfair advantage through subsidies to industry or a removal of stringent standards to cut costs."

" British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Friday there would be no alignment with European Union rules under the terms of the free trade deal he wants to strike with the bloc next year. " or "Any attempt by the British government to seek full access to European markets without alignment was “absurd” and would be voted down, one of Emmanuel Macron’s top allies in the European parliament has said."

And if you need any indication of who is lying then note that the EU is united on their view, whereas "Two Cabinet ministers' are at odds with each other over whether or not Britain will align with European Union rules post-Brexit. While the Home Secretary insisted the country will not align with EU rules, the Brexit Secretary said the UK would not diverge "just for the sake of it".

So the UK will begin negotiations (when the EU is ready) with a cabinet divided and numerous contradictory positions that cannot be resolved as there is no 'a bit pregnant' solution. So I suspect the real battle will now erupt again within the Tory party as the reality of the situation becomes apparent once more.

The vacuous slogan 'get it done' infered that there was only one party in that action...the UK, and that all other interested parties would simply acede to whatever Johnson and his lot of loonies demanded.

They won't. The fun is only just beginning.

For those who wantan explanation more suited to them 31st Jan equates to H0mer leaving the ramp and taking to the air..... the rest is 2020 onwards

[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 22:36]
Login to get fewer ads

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 22:56 - Jan 27 with 3686 viewsHARRY10

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 18:34 - Jan 27 by factual_blue

Priti Patel has said that under new UK immigration rules freedom of movement of fish will be ended.

Fish that spawn in other waters will no longer be allowed to migrat to UK waters to feed off UK taxpayers without having gone through a points based system first.

White fish, as a popular with UK consumers will be fasttracked, whereas oily fish and shellfish that are served with garlic to foreigners will have to return to EU waters.

In a further move all the naughty foreign fishermen who bout UK quotas from UK fishermen will be forced to return them - at cost.

Mr Johnson, who said earlier that the fishing industry was vital to the UK economy making up almost 42% of GDP, has launched his latest campaign to help - with the snappy slogan of 'get them caught' (whch is also his slogan for the police force).

Mr Johnson has also promised to restore the UK's fishing fleet to the days of Lord Nelson, Admiral Byng and Captain Birds Eye.
Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 00:35 - Jan 28 with 3575 viewsfactual_blue

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 21:57 - Jan 27 by jeera

Britain's fishing companies have been selling their quota, as legally entitled to do*.

That is why there have 'foreign' trawlers spotted closer to our shores.

I wish people would try to understand that 'we' = Britain, don't own rights as such. Fishing is not a nationalised enterprise - it is privately owned by several large companies who do as they please.

*This is not related of course to the small fishing local firms who fish closer to shore.

trawls

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 05:35 - Jan 28 with 3488 viewsRyorry

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 22:56 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

Priti Patel has said that under new UK immigration rules freedom of movement of fish will be ended.

Fish that spawn in other waters will no longer be allowed to migrat to UK waters to feed off UK taxpayers without having gone through a points based system first.

White fish, as a popular with UK consumers will be fasttracked, whereas oily fish and shellfish that are served with garlic to foreigners will have to return to EU waters.

In a further move all the naughty foreign fishermen who bout UK quotas from UK fishermen will be forced to return them - at cost.

Mr Johnson, who said earlier that the fishing industry was vital to the UK economy making up almost 42% of GDP, has launched his latest campaign to help - with the snappy slogan of 'get them caught' (whch is also his slogan for the police force).

Mr Johnson has also promised to restore the UK's fishing fleet to the days of Lord Nelson, Admiral Byng and Captain Birds Eye.

"Mr Johnson, who said earlier that the fishing industry was vital to the UK economy making up almost 42% of GDP ..."

42% of GDP?? Seriously??!! Where did that figure come from? I'm no economist but strikes me as pure fiction.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 05:44 - Jan 28 with 3470 viewsTractorWood

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 05:35 - Jan 28 by Ryorry

"Mr Johnson, who said earlier that the fishing industry was vital to the UK economy making up almost 42% of GDP ..."

42% of GDP?? Seriously??!! Where did that figure come from? I'm no economist but strikes me as pure fiction.

I think it's satire. Quite excellent satire.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:05 - Jan 28 with 3311 viewsEnigma_Blue

That Brexiter that you know must be really ill informed, as nothing like that was promised. The UK would have tighter controls on immigration, not that immigration would be stopped.
Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:09 - Jan 28 with 3291 viewsHARRY10

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 05:44 - Jan 28 by TractorWood

I think it's satire. Quite excellent satire.

it was intended as that, ta
Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:26 - Jan 28 with 3257 viewsfactual_blue

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:05 - Jan 28 by Enigma_Blue

That Brexiter that you know must be really ill informed, as nothing like that was promised. The UK would have tighter controls on immigration, not that immigration would be stopped.

Well I never! An ill-informed brexiteer. Who'da thunk it?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:27 - Jan 28 with 3250 viewsartsbossbeard

"He couldn't miss Jeff!! Open goal following a decent cross in there!"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:36 - Jan 28 with 3220 viewsfactual_blue

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 05:35 - Jan 28 by Ryorry

As already said, a satirical post. Somebody was bound to go for it hook, line and sinker (do you see what I did there?)

Fishing is about 0.1% of GDP.

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:40 - Jan 28 with 3198 viewsHARRY10

However I think that was the perception brexiteers had when voting. And pne people like Johnson were not too keen to correct.

The treality is work is being taken up by a highly flexible immigrant labour force.Youngsters from Spain, PPortugal will happily share a small flat and work hard as the alternative is fairly bleak where they comr from.

Instead of focussing on why housing is not available for those stuck 'oop north' to allow them to move to where the work is they have in complete stupidity voted for those who have been the beneficiaries of this labour force. They have been backed by those who have benifited from that artificial shortage of housing,

A situation that will doubtlessly strike future hsitorians as bizarre as the ducking stool appears now to us.
Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:44 - Jan 28 with 3188 viewsElephantintheRoom

A vociferous Brexiteer where I work (and fan of serial criminal yaxley-lennon) is also rather brazenly planning on living in Italy.

On the plus side your chum in Spain will have a close up view of the mass-immigration from Africa - as well as the slave labour going on rather obviously around the slow-cooking British pensioners recreating little Britain

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:49 - Jan 28 with 3142 viewsartsbossbeard

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:44 - Jan 28 by ElephantintheRoom

A vociferous Brexiteer where I work (and fan of serial criminal yaxley-lennon) is also rather brazenly planning on living in Italy.

On the plus side your chum in Spain will have a close up view of the mass-immigration from Africa - as well as the slave labour going on rather obviously around the slow-cooking British pensioners recreating little Britain

I love Benidorm.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:50 - Jan 28 with 3142 viewsitfcjoe

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:36 - Jan 28 by factual_blue

As already said, a satirical post. Somebody was bound to go for it hook, line and sinker (do you see what I did there?)

Fishing is about 0.1% of GDP.

There are more jobs building lawnmowers in the UK than there are in fishing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:51 - Jan 28 with 3131 viewsfactual_blue

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:53 - Jan 28 with 3117 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:50 - Jan 28 by itfcjoe

There are more jobs building lawnmowers in the UK than there are in fishing

And I bet they've had lot of cuts too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:54 - Jan 28 with 3112 viewsfactual_blue

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 09:44 - Jan 28 by ElephantintheRoom

He'll enjoy the mafia-dominated lifestyle and inflated bureaucracy.

Just had a brexit debate with an old pal on 10:24 - Jan 28 with 3021 viewsbracknell_blue

Which shows it was all about immigration (and, hence, to some extent, racism) all along.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024