Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If by Monday.... 20:31 - Aug 13 with 7939 viewsitfcjoe

....we have Oli Hawkins, David Cornell and Stephen Ward through the door

Will the fans be happy that we've got our business done early and seemingly got players who were towards the top of our targets list?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If by Monday.... on 20:32 - Aug 13 with 5513 viewsAce_High1

Squad filler.

We need a clear out, not adding average players to the squad.
If by Monday.... on 20:33 - Aug 13 with 5493 viewsJ2BLUE

Solid signings. Hawkings uninspiring but he would arguably be fourth choice anyway.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If by Monday.... on 20:34 - Aug 13 with 5499 viewsCokeIsKey

All fairly mediocre players with an average age of about 31 so no, not really...

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

If by Monday.... on 20:38 - Aug 13 with 5442 viewsDanTheMan

I can't even remember watching Hawkins, his record is not brilliant though. That said, I imagine he'll be used in a more "supporting" role if you see what I mean.

Cornell, again, never watched him but if he's near the level of Holy then that's decent enough. Some competition for places.

Ward I think will be good for us.

Overall? It's OK, I guess. I'll wait and see how they do for us.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

If by Monday.... on 20:38 - Aug 13 with 5437 viewsDinnernotTea

If these were our top targets we will be in this league for a long time.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

If by Monday.... on 20:41 - Aug 13 with 5412 viewsLankHenners

No they'll complain that none of them are Garbutt.

It is a slightly underwhelming selection but we're a league 1 club having to deal with a suffocating salary cap so it is what it is. Not a lot of faith Lambert can do much with whoever we sign anyway.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 20:42]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We'd be in a better position than..... on 20:47 - Aug 13 with 5339 viewsBloots

...we are now.

Assuming that nobody "important" leaves then I think we'd have enough cover across the squad.

It would then be down to the "manager" to get the best out of them, improve the basics and get us playing in a distinct, effective and consistent style.

There can be no excuses.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If by Monday.... on 20:52 - Aug 13 with 5294 viewsFixed_It

If by Monday.... on 20:32 - Aug 13 by Ace_High1

Squad filler.

We need a clear out, not adding average players to the squad.

And how do we have a clear out if nobody wants our players and they are under contract?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

If by Monday.... on 20:53 - Aug 13 with 5295 viewsKieran_Knows

I don’t think they’re the most overwhelming signings, but I suppose they’re the best we’re going to get given the current situation.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If by Monday.... on 20:54 - Aug 13 with 5277 viewsHorsham

I’m ok with these 3.

Realistically we needed players in those positions. Was our goalkeeper signing going to be vastly superior to Holy given 1/ Holy is not bad and 2/ there is a salary cap and 3/ covid

Ward is the one that I am most meh about but if he works out as exemplary senior professional in a position we aren’t strong in I can see that being good. I’m hoping Lambert has judged his character well.

Hawkins, a bit like Cornell, with NORWOOD and Jackson being amongst our better players last season was the expectation to sign someone to be picked ahead of them? If so that would need some serious money which 1/ we aren’t allowed to spend and 2/ Marcus may not be able to spend.

And perhaps critically we so far have sold no one even though there was a widespread acceptance that Downes (our best player) would be sold and likely Woolfenden too.

Lambert needs to improve seriously but he’s still here and he’s not going anywhere yet so I just hope he turns it around. Because if he does we all win don’t we?
If by Monday.... on 21:01 - Aug 13 with 5211 viewsazuremerlangus

If by Monday.... on 20:33 - Aug 13 by J2BLUE

Solid signings. Hawkings uninspiring but he would arguably be fourth choice anyway.

With Sophie B Hawkins as third choice before him...

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

If by Monday.... on 21:04 - Aug 13 with 5177 viewsazuremerlangus

If by Monday.... on 21:01 - Aug 13 by azuremerlangus

With Sophie B Hawkins as third choice before him...

...and Stephen Hawking as second choice...

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

If by Monday.... on 21:20 - Aug 13 with 5054 viewsSouperJim

I'll be happy that we've added 3 players in positions where we needed bodies. The salary cap has ended any chance we had of adding any real quality, so the fact we're still in a position to make signings which the manager feels can do a job for us is about as much as we can ask for I guess.

Stating the bleeding obvious, but this is a massive season for us. We need the quality already in the squad to dig us out, pronto.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If by Monday.... on 21:25 - Aug 13 with 5020 viewsCoco

I would be content to a point. If we add a winger who is a bit of a game changer - like Garbutt can be with his left foot, then all good.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If by Monday.... on 21:25 - Aug 13 with 5012 viewsSitfcB

I’m really not sure what people expect ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If by Monday.... on 21:26 - Aug 13 with 5002 viewsCoco

If by Monday.... on 21:25 - Aug 13 by SitfcB

I’m really not sure what people expect ffs.

A plan.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If by Monday.... on 21:28 - Aug 13 with 4983 viewsJDB23

Hardly the signings that will propel us into the automatic promotion places, they're ok squad players, not much more than that.
If by Monday.... on 21:36 - Aug 13 with 4928 viewspointofblue

If by Monday.... on 21:28 - Aug 13 by JDB23

Hardly the signings that will propel us into the automatic promotion places, they're ok squad players, not much more than that.

More than happy with Cornell and Ward - think they're the best we're going to get for those positions. Have my doubt about Hawkins but Portsmouth playing him up front despite the lack of goals shows they believed he had something else to offer the side.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If by Monday.... on 21:40 - Aug 13 with 4896 viewsrfretwell

If by Monday.... on 21:20 - Aug 13 by SouperJim

I'll be happy that we've added 3 players in positions where we needed bodies. The salary cap has ended any chance we had of adding any real quality, so the fact we're still in a position to make signings which the manager feels can do a job for us is about as much as we can ask for I guess.

Stating the bleeding obvious, but this is a massive season for us. We need the quality already in the squad to dig us out, pronto.

Back in Sir Bobby's day we fought off opposition in the shape of WBA etc to sign Paul Mariner from Div 3 (league 1 equiv) Plymouth Argyle. The best striker in div 3. Today's equiv must be Ivan Toney. Posh want many millions for him so is well out of our league. Mariner was fantastic for us. The point being we have fallen a long way, the salary cap has hamstrung us further. Although a big club by div 1 standards we have to compromise on players abilities and hope that PL and his coaches can make them better players. We desperately need a striker who can head the ball in this division, make themselves a threat. If Hawkins is up to that he could fit the bill.
If by Monday.... on 22:01 - Aug 13 with 4794 viewsRyorry

If by Monday.... on 20:54 - Aug 13 by Horsham

I’m ok with these 3.

Realistically we needed players in those positions. Was our goalkeeper signing going to be vastly superior to Holy given 1/ Holy is not bad and 2/ there is a salary cap and 3/ covid

Ward is the one that I am most meh about but if he works out as exemplary senior professional in a position we aren’t strong in I can see that being good. I’m hoping Lambert has judged his character well.

Hawkins, a bit like Cornell, with NORWOOD and Jackson being amongst our better players last season was the expectation to sign someone to be picked ahead of them? If so that would need some serious money which 1/ we aren’t allowed to spend and 2/ Marcus may not be able to spend.

And perhaps critically we so far have sold no one even though there was a widespread acceptance that Downes (our best player) would be sold and likely Woolfenden too.

Lambert needs to improve seriously but he’s still here and he’s not going anywhere yet so I just hope he turns it around. Because if he does we all win don’t we?

If we keep Downes, that's the equivalent of a brilliant signing and I'll be happy.

Also happy if Woolfy stays.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If by Monday.... on 22:40 - Aug 13 with 4685 viewsPhilTWTD

Think we will get all three sorted from the whispers I've heard.
If by Monday.... on 22:44 - Aug 13 with 4663 viewsCoco

If by Monday.... on 22:40 - Aug 13 by PhilTWTD

Think we will get all three sorted from the whispers I've heard.

and do you reckon that'll be it?

Any outs muted?

If by Monday.... on 22:48 - Aug 13 with 4647 viewsPhilTWTD

If by Monday.... on 22:44 - Aug 13 by Coco

and do you reckon that'll be it?

Any outs muted?

Not any definites I know of. Nsiala will go I think, but not sure where yet and there'll be a few of the kids out on loan. Not sure of any other senior exits. We're going to need a big squad for the mad two-games-a-week-for-months-on-end schedule we're going to have.

This post has been edited by an administrator
If by Monday.... on 22:51 - Aug 13 with 4608 viewsCoco

If by Monday.... on 22:48 - Aug 13 by PhilTWTD

Not any definites I know of. Nsiala will go I think, but not sure where yet and there'll be a few of the kids out on loan. Not sure of any other senior exits. We're going to need a big squad for the mad two-games-a-week-for-months-on-end schedule we're going to have.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Interesting. Will we have to subsidise Nsiala's wage or simply just pay him off?

If by Monday.... on 22:53 - Aug 13 with 4607 viewsPhilTWTD

If by Monday.... on 22:51 - Aug 13 by Coco

Interesting. Will we have to subsidise Nsiala's wage or simply just pay him off?

Might end up being a loan to the end of his contract with the club signing him paying some of his wage, assuming that the side he joins are going to be at around this level and clubs might struggle to match his full salary. Certainly possible they could settle and let him go though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024