Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday 09:58 - Jan 16 with 1488 viewsGerkensBeard

I liked reading how lambert has talked to him about the LCB role and what he expects from him. That should mean Woolfie switch to the right and Chambers SW. Balance.
Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 10:06 - Jan 16 with 1466 viewsGuthrum

While he's a decent backstop defender, I actually think Chambers contributes more when he is allowed to get forward. The last couple of games he's been involved in getting some good balls into the box.

Edit: Would be rather entertaining to play with 2 wingbacks, 3 attacking CBs, 3 attacking midfielders and two strikers. A high line somewhere around opposition penalty area!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 10:11]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 10:28 - Jan 16 with 1366 viewsSwansea_Blue

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 10:06 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

While he's a decent backstop defender, I actually think Chambers contributes more when he is allowed to get forward. The last couple of games he's been involved in getting some good balls into the box.

Edit: Would be rather entertaining to play with 2 wingbacks, 3 attacking CBs, 3 attacking midfielders and two strikers. A high line somewhere around opposition penalty area!

Damned with faint praise: he's a much better defender when he's attacking . I think that's fair though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 10:32 - Jan 16 with 1355 viewsGuthrum

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 10:28 - Jan 16 by Swansea_Blue

Damned with faint praise: he's a much better defender when he's attacking . I think that's fair though.

I just remember those goals he would sometimes score when playing RB, appearing late and unexpected at the back post to power the ball into the net.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Your edit on 10:32 - Jan 16 with 1348 viewsDyland

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 10:06 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

lol :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 10:41 - Jan 16 with 1327 viewsSteve_M

Given the likely state of the pitch then we really want Wilson in there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 10:53 - Jan 16 with 1282 viewsBasuco

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 10:32 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

I just remember those goals he would sometimes score when playing RB, appearing late and unexpected at the back post to power the ball into the net.

I remember the power and determination to get to the ball regardless of the defender trying to stop him as well.
Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 11:34 - Jan 16 with 1195 viewsMrTown

Would prefer Woolfenden as sweeper, Chambers has been good as RCB.

That is if I would change at all.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 11:49 - Jan 16 with 1159 viewsKeaneish

I wouldn't change it. Stupid penalty aside, that would be three clean sheets in our last three, two coming away against sides in the top six. If its continuity we're after, stick with the same side. I know Wilson is limited but given the state of the pitches now, a no nonsense defender suits us right now.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 12:04 - Jan 16 with 1121 viewsTractorCam

Why change a defence that just kept a clean sheet against one of the best sides in the league?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Perfect game for Earl to make his debut Saturday on 12:09 - Jan 16 with 1105 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, I don't think I'd look to change it at this point. The back three is working okay now that Wilson isn't being asked to play football and Woolfy and Chambers have been given licence to get forward. I'm sure we'll need to rotate over the coming weeks and ultimately I wouldn't be surprised to end the season with Earl on the left and Chambers in the middle with Woolfy on the right, but now isn't the time to make that change.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024