Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Marcus.... 09:05 - Jan 10 with 1432 viewsitfcjoe

....how does such a successful businessman have the wool pulled over his eyes so easily by a manager who is underperforming.

Businessmen are still in ore of 'real football men' and Marcus is being taken for a ride again.

We'd all love the stuff you are talking about, but it isn't happening - us fans can see that, you should be able to as well.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oh Marcus.... on 09:07 - Jan 10 with 1390 viewsReuser_is_God

Marcus probably can't see it because he's got away so lightly with relegating us.

His kids on the other hand, who we all know are massive Town fans, should really be able to see this & should be letting him know this over the breakfast table.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Oh Marcus.... on 09:12 - Jan 10 with 1346 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Oh Marcus.... on 09:07 - Jan 10 by Reuser_is_God

Marcus probably can't see it because he's got away so lightly with relegating us.

His kids on the other hand, who we all know are massive Town fans, should really be able to see this & should be letting him know this over the breakfast table.

He should've got pelters from fans last season for what happened under his watch. But our fans were too busy happy clapping and singing Bob Marley, fed up of that mans constant rubbish. Any other club and he would be getting the stick he deserves.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Oh Marcus.... on 09:14 - Jan 10 with 1335 viewsMrTown

Don't think he is having the wool pulled over his eyes. Would be highly suprised if he even wrote his programme notes himself.

He's just trying to play the PR game as much as Paul Lambert.

I've taken no interest in it personally, says a lot without saying anything.

The most important talking can only be done on the pitch.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Oh Marcus.... on 09:15 - Jan 10 with 1328 viewsITFC_Forever

(awe)

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Oh Marcus.... on 09:16 - Jan 10 with 1316 viewschicoazul

Oh Marcus.... on 09:07 - Jan 10 by Reuser_is_God

He runs a worldwide massive business, he probably sees his kids twice a week if that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Oh Marcus.... on 09:23 - Jan 10 with 1290 viewsSWGF

"How long will it take you to turn us into one of these 'footballing' teams that I've heard so much about?"
<Swift intake of breath>
"Oooh...it's gonna cost ya....I'd say, another five years"
"OK, it's a deal"

Maybe he'll be persuaded to build a monorail while we're at it.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Oh Marcus.... on 09:36 - Jan 10 with 1233 viewsBryanPlug

Oh Marcus.... on 09:12 - Jan 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

He should've got pelters from fans last season for what happened under his watch. But our fans were too busy happy clapping and singing Bob Marley, fed up of that mans constant rubbish. Any other club and he would be getting the stick he deserves.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Oh Marcus.... on 09:38 - Jan 10 with 1218 viewsReuser_is_God

Oh Marcus.... on 09:36 - Jan 10 by BryanPlug

Yes, that is not to be forgotten.

What is also not to be forgotten is our decline under his ownership.

Just because he's invested whatever he's invested doesn't mean he's exempt from criticism.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 9:39]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Oh Marcus.... on 09:43 - Jan 10 with 1187 viewsBryanPlug

Oh Marcus.... on 09:38 - Jan 10 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, that is not to be forgotten.

What is also not to be forgotten is our decline under his ownership.

Just because he's invested whatever he's invested doesn't mean he's exempt from criticism.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 9:39]

Oh Marcus.... on 09:45 - Jan 10 with 1172 viewsElderGrizzly

Oh Marcus.... on 09:23 - Jan 10 by SWGF

"How long will it take you to turn us into one of these 'footballing' teams that I've heard so much about?"
<Swift intake of breath>
"Oooh...it's gonna cost ya....I'd say, another five years"
"OK, it's a deal"

Maybe he'll be persuaded to build a monorail while we're at it.

If we don’t get the skidome too, i’ll be gutted
Oh Marcus.... on 09:55 - Jan 10 with 1137 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Oh Marcus.... on 09:43 - Jan 10 by BryanPlug

We are too soft. We are too happy to accept mediocrity.

I am grateful for him putting money in, but he owns a FOOTBALL Club, and he gets the footballing decisions wrong, constantly. What sort of criticism can we get through to him without it coming from the stands. We cant just go and have a chat with him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Oh Marcus.... on 10:01 - Jan 10 with 1108 viewsBryanPlug

Oh Marcus.... on 09:55 - Jan 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

We are too soft. We are too happy to accept mediocrity.

I am grateful for him putting money in, but he owns a FOOTBALL Club, and he gets the footballing decisions wrong, constantly. What sort of criticism can we get through to him without it coming from the stands. We cant just go and have a chat with him.

Oh Marcus.... on 10:08 - Jan 10 with 1078 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Oh Marcus.... on 10:01 - Jan 10 by BryanPlug

Nobody said abuse his family. In fact has any Ipswich fan ever abused his family haha.

I just cant fathom that people are happy to sit back and watch this slide happen

Oh Marcus.... on 10:19 - Jan 10 with 1032 viewsBryanPlug

Oh Marcus.... on 10:08 - Jan 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

Nobody said abuse his family. In fact has any Ipswich fan ever abused his family haha.

I just cant fathom that people are happy to sit back and watch this slide happen

Oh Marcus.... on 10:22 - Jan 10 with 1018 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Oh Marcus.... on 10:19 - Jan 10 by BryanPlug

Oh well. Lets just let his complete ineptitude continue until we get stuck in league one for the rest of time. But at least he has given PR Paul a fat contract to keep us all happy.

Oh Marcus.... on 10:26 - Jan 10 with 996 viewsITFC_Forever

Oh Marcus.... on 10:19 - Jan 10 by BryanPlug

ME is running the club as cheap as he can to minimise his losses - everyone can see that.

But as the Prem, the Champ and possibly even L1 continue to move forward, we continue to stand still and get left behind.

ME is running the club as another of his businesses in that we will operate on the budget he sees fit - and wherever that fits in to to the football pyramid is where we will operate.

The game has moved on massively from when he took the club on - we spent 108% of our income (which was only mid-table as % of income spent) on wages in the Champ last season to come stone dead last by a distance.

Football is ruined, which isn't ME's fault, and he wants no part of it and is running us as far outside that framework as possible.

The sooner a few clubs go to the wall, the better. The sooner the top six in the Prem breakaway to a Euro league, the better. The sooner the Prem stops relegation, the better.
The bubble has to burst and the remaining clubs will need to learn from that... the sooner this happens, the better.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Oh Marcus.... on 12:17 - Jan 10 with 860 viewsChrisd

Hear, hear Joe!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024