Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of all the party leaders on QT 20:59 - Nov 22 with 1565 viewsGeoffSentence

(with the exception of JC who I missed) Nicola Sturgeon was by far the most impressive.

Joe Swinson was awkward and painful to watch.

BoJo was full of his usual fluster and bluster.

Right, let me check who is standing for the SNP in South Suffolk.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:06 - Nov 22 with 1531 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn for me. Whether you agree with him or not he is calm and speaks from the heart. Unlike Boris who seems to panic without a script and Swinson who is just a car crash.

Sturgeon did well. She always does.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:07 - Nov 22 with 1522 viewsgordon

Nicola Sturgeon is miles better than any of them, no doubt.
Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:09 - Nov 22 with 1518 viewswkj

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:06 - Nov 22 by J2BLUE

Corbyn for me. Whether you agree with him or not he is calm and speaks from the heart. Unlike Boris who seems to panic without a script and Swinson who is just a car crash.

Indeed, I think Sturgeon would probably win seats in a few of the English constituencies if she fielded candidates there. Granted their drive is to leave the UK which ultimately wouldn't really be of any use to most in the English regions but I certainly see why people like her decorum.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:09 - Nov 22 with 1511 viewsjas0999

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:06 - Nov 22 by J2BLUE

Agree re Sturgeon. Very good.

Corbyn very poor.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 21:10]
Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:10 - Nov 22 with 1508 viewsfooters

wkj is standing for the SNP in Norwich, for 'a Norwich free of Westminster'. Feel free to lend her your vote ;)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:12 - Nov 22 with 1489 viewsFixed_It

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:09 - Nov 22 by jas0999

Corbyn very poor.

But he really wasn't. You just don't like him. There's a difference.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:13 - Nov 22 with 1471 viewsjeera

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:09 - Nov 22 by jas0999

Corbyn very poor.

He clearly wasn't so if you're basing that opinion on tonight's showing you need to rip up your card and immediately out it in the bin.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:15 - Nov 22 with 1468 viewsWeWereZombies

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:07 - Nov 22 by gordon

Nicola Sturgeon is miles better than any of them, no doubt.

Nicola gets an easy ride though because she can focus everything on independence (although Johnson tried this with Brexit but couldn't pull it off). Swinson was not a car crash, unlike Johnson she held her head up in front of a hostile crowd, stuck to her guns and dealt with the awkward questions arising out of her time in a Conservative led coalition in the only way she could. Admitted to the mistakes and outlined how she would do things differently. Perhaps what looked like a tough grilling will make people think a bit more and reflect on what was the most comprehensive set of questioning on the night to give her more support than looks likely at the moment. But I do not think there can be any doubt that Corbyn was the winner on the night.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Login to get fewer ads

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:37 - Nov 22 with 1378 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:09 - Nov 22 by wkj

Indeed, I think Sturgeon would probably win seats in a few of the English constituencies if she fielded candidates there. Granted their drive is to leave the UK which ultimately wouldn't really be of any use to most in the English regions but I certainly see why people like her decorum.

Yes, Sturgeon sounds good but the policies of the SNP are not in the best interests of England. It is about policies rather than personalities and characters.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:53 - Nov 22 with 1326 viewshappybeingblue

corbyn and sturgeon were good the other two useless
Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:59 - Nov 22 with 1305 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:53 - Nov 22 by happybeingblue

corbyn and sturgeon were good the other two useless

I would imagine Johnson would have been pulled out of this if wasn't for the fact his advisors knew it would still go ahead without him.

I say they should go ahead with the leaders debate as well but bring Swinson in and have an empty podium for Johnson.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Of all the party leaders on QT on 22:02 - Nov 22 with 1291 viewsBloomBlue

Of all the party leaders on QT on 21:15 - Nov 22 by WeWereZombies

Nicola gets an easy ride though because she can focus everything on independence (although Johnson tried this with Brexit but couldn't pull it off). Swinson was not a car crash, unlike Johnson she held her head up in front of a hostile crowd, stuck to her guns and dealt with the awkward questions arising out of her time in a Conservative led coalition in the only way she could. Admitted to the mistakes and outlined how she would do things differently. Perhaps what looked like a tough grilling will make people think a bit more and reflect on what was the most comprehensive set of questioning on the night to give her more support than looks likely at the moment. But I do not think there can be any doubt that Corbyn was the winner on the night.

Disagree, Sturgeon was 100% the best on the night came over as a decision maker she actually spoke like a PM, none of the others did.
Of all the party leaders on QT on 22:34 - Nov 22 with 1229 viewsWeWereZombies

Of all the party leaders on QT on 22:02 - Nov 22 by BloomBlue

Disagree, Sturgeon was 100% the best on the night came over as a decision maker she actually spoke like a PM, none of the others did.

That may be because she is First Minister and has been for five years (I know Johnson is Prime Minister but is he credible PM material, evidently not). Corbyn hovered over his notes almost all the time whilst the others had the courage to step away from the lectern and address the audience full time but somehow Corbyn's notes, his touching of his spectacles and his general demeanour worked better.

Nicola always looks and sounds competent (and we are getting used to her shaking hands with the latest leader from Westminster as they blink up at the architecture of Holyrood and she gives a patient 'well, I suppose I have to make time for this charade' look as she wonders who will be the next through the revolving door of Conservative Party leader.)

Swinson has a lot to reflect on and not much time to put things right but the main drawback for the Lib Dems is having no major press baron fighting their corner. That may change before 12th December.

Johnson looked hopeless but the zombies (apart from this one, actually I never was one) will vote for him all the same.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 22:40]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Of all the party leaders on QT on 22:38 - Nov 22 with 1222 viewsNthQldITFC

Corbyn upping his game I think.

Could be down to one of his spin doctors... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2019-50511893 entry at 21:29

I believe her brother Stu works for the opposition.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024