Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA 12:32 - Oct 2 with 2976 viewsartsbossbeard

All a bit unnecessary this, isn't it?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 12:35 - Oct 2 with 2959 viewsKieran_Knows

It's ridiculous. Just do the right thing and pay the money.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 12:39 - Oct 2 with 2942 viewsIllinoisblue

What vile scum they are.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 12:43 - Oct 2 with 2921 viewsSuperblue95

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 12:39 - Oct 2 by Illinoisblue

What vile scum they are.

They’re certainly making themselves a club that’s very easy to dislike. They bought the player so have to cough up regardless of what happened. A bloke is dead and all they’re worried about is money.

Classless

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 12:54 - Oct 2 with 2859 viewsclive_baker

Yep. I'm sure there's some legal ambiguity as to whether the transfer had been ratified or whatever hence the disagreements between Cardiff and Nantes, but on a moral level he wouldn't have been on the plane were it not for Cardiff's intention to sign him, which likely would've been concluded. Pay the initial fee and move on, for the sake of his family as much as anything else. Not sitting well with me at all.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 14:21 - Oct 2 with 2724 viewswkj

If you ask me, this is the sort of thing Fifa/Uefa should contribute funds for, technically the player wasn't Cardiff yet, and as we know a done dead can be undone any time up until that signature is on the document, so on a business sense I understand Cardiff's standpoint, however on an ethical one It isn't very easy to swallow.

In my honest opinion Nantes, Fifa, Uefa, Premier League and Cardiff should have sat down and hashed out a solution because setting it loose in the wild so on.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 14:36 - Oct 2 with 2679 viewsBBKing

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 14:21 - Oct 2 by wkj

If you ask me, this is the sort of thing Fifa/Uefa should contribute funds for, technically the player wasn't Cardiff yet, and as we know a done dead can be undone any time up until that signature is on the document, so on a business sense I understand Cardiff's standpoint, however on an ethical one It isn't very easy to swallow.

In my honest opinion Nantes, Fifa, Uefa, Premier League and Cardiff should have sat down and hashed out a solution because setting it loose in the wild so on.

He was a Cardiff player at the time of his death; the deal had been completed, the story announcing the completion of the signing is still on Cardiff's website. From a business sense, there was nothing to hash out between the clubs and the governing bodies. Nantes had--and has--every right to demand what is owed to them and it's appalling that Cardiff would attempt to renege on a deal, especially when they plastered his face on everything in the aftermath of the tragedy.
Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 14:42 - Oct 2 with 2657 viewsChurchman

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 14:36 - Oct 2 by BBKing

He was a Cardiff player at the time of his death; the deal had been completed, the story announcing the completion of the signing is still on Cardiff's website. From a business sense, there was nothing to hash out between the clubs and the governing bodies. Nantes had--and has--every right to demand what is owed to them and it's appalling that Cardiff would attempt to renege on a deal, especially when they plastered his face on everything in the aftermath of the tragedy.

In this case, they should just pay up and let it go.
Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 15:15 - Oct 2 with 2584 viewsRyorry

Poor family, having to see this ground out in public, as though the death of your otherwise healthy young loved one weren't enough. Horrendous.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 15:18 - Oct 2 with 2577 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There are much better areas where FIFA can invest money than into the pocket of Vincent Tan.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 15:18 - Oct 2 with 2575 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/record-signing--emiliano-sala-

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 18:37 - Oct 2 with 2423 viewsBryanPlug

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 15:18 - Oct 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/record-signing--emiliano-sala-

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 19:04 - Oct 2 with 2378 viewswkj

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 15:18 - Oct 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-crystal-maze

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 19:11 - Oct 2 with 2362 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely the club should have had some insurance that will have paid up?

If they didn't, how crazy is it for clubs to pay those sorts of sums of money that can be so easily lost.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 19:17 - Oct 2 with 2357 viewssparks

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 19:11 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Surely the club should have had some insurance that will have paid up?

If they didn't, how crazy is it for clubs to pay those sorts of sums of money that can be so easily lost.

Dont understand all the speculation on this- without the information.

I havent seen the contract, or the contractual negotiations. I dont know who was responsible for the player at the time in question...

One suspects, additionally, there is either an insurance company in the background fighting their corner, or alternatively an insurance company which is saying its not their problem- either could lead to the dispute being fought out.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 19:20 - Oct 2 with 2345 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 19:17 - Oct 2 by sparks

Dont understand all the speculation on this- without the information.

I havent seen the contract, or the contractual negotiations. I dont know who was responsible for the player at the time in question...

One suspects, additionally, there is either an insurance company in the background fighting their corner, or alternatively an insurance company which is saying its not their problem- either could lead to the dispute being fought out.

I think the headline is easy to jump on and paints Cardiff in a really poor light but what you say is far more likely.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 20:13 - Oct 2 with 2296 viewsPinewoodblue

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 19:20 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the headline is easy to jump on and paints Cardiff in a really poor light but what you say is far more likely.

Sounds to me that Cardiff may not have got around to insuring their most valuable asset. It is however possible all Sala had signed was confirmation of his intention to sign a contract which wasn't yet finalised.

Tough on Cardiff especially as after they have paid the sum FIFA say they have to there is around another £10m outstanding but not due to be paid yet.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 20:58 - Oct 2 with 2244 viewsBloomBlue

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 20:13 - Oct 2 by Pinewoodblue

Sounds to me that Cardiff may not have got around to insuring their most valuable asset. It is however possible all Sala had signed was confirmation of his intention to sign a contract which wasn't yet finalised.

Tough on Cardiff especially as after they have paid the sum FIFA say they have to there is around another £10m outstanding but not due to be paid yet.

A few months ago there was a newspaper reporter (don't remember his name) on Radio5 and he was saying there was a lot of speculation that the insurance Nantes had covered their players up to the point a sale had been agreed. In this situation the sale had been agreed but Sala was still finalizing personal terms. Cardiff's insurance only starts when a player was fully signed and Sala wasn't fully signed as he was still agreeing terms. So in this unique situation neither club actually had insurance. He said it was very unique but had resulted in a lot of clubs reviewing their insurance cover.

Obviously it was speculation but if true does seem a little harsh if Cardiff have to pay the full fee maybe just the first installment only would be the fairest approach..
Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 21:07 - Oct 2 with 2230 viewsitfcjoe

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 20:58 - Oct 2 by BloomBlue

A few months ago there was a newspaper reporter (don't remember his name) on Radio5 and he was saying there was a lot of speculation that the insurance Nantes had covered their players up to the point a sale had been agreed. In this situation the sale had been agreed but Sala was still finalizing personal terms. Cardiff's insurance only starts when a player was fully signed and Sala wasn't fully signed as he was still agreeing terms. So in this unique situation neither club actually had insurance. He said it was very unique but had resulted in a lot of clubs reviewing their insurance cover.

Obviously it was speculation but if true does seem a little harsh if Cardiff have to pay the full fee maybe just the first installment only would be the fairest approach..

Cardiff had signed him, and announced him on their website - they then arranged his flights to go back to France to pick up his stuff

WHilst it is harsh, it's far harsher on Nantes to not receive a full fee, bearing in mind that they had a deal agreed for him, had lodged their paperwork and the new club arranged this travel which was only necessaary due to the transfer.

I could understand more if he was flying over to talk terms, but that wasn't the case - he had been over, and then was flying back to collect things and say goodbyes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 21:17 - Oct 2 with 2201 viewssparks

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 21:07 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

Cardiff had signed him, and announced him on their website - they then arranged his flights to go back to France to pick up his stuff

WHilst it is harsh, it's far harsher on Nantes to not receive a full fee, bearing in mind that they had a deal agreed for him, had lodged their paperwork and the new club arranged this travel which was only necessaary due to the transfer.

I could understand more if he was flying over to talk terms, but that wasn't the case - he had been over, and then was flying back to collect things and say goodbyes

As I have observed above- this all ratehr depends on the contractual and insurance stuff. Which we are not privy to.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 21:33 - Oct 2 with 2180 viewsBloomBlue

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 21:07 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

But not technically as the Premier League had rejected the transfer because certain clauses in the contract which Nantes had requested were against PL/UEFA rules. That meant he wasn't a Cardiff player as he wasnt registered and also wasn't registered under UEFA rules. Cardiff had made changes to the contract but Sala still had to agree to them. UEFA rules also state until a player is officially registered with the national football authorities he is still owned by the selling club.

Yes some of that is Cardiff's opinion and not Nantes but Cardiff's arguement is it was Nantes clauses which prevented the sale being formalised. Which I think is their arguement for challenging the FIFA ruling
Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 21:44 - Oct 2 with 2171 viewshampstead_blue

I think Cardiff have to appeal.

If they don't then Nante can come for more.

It's not about the person, it's about money. Take the person out of it, you have too.
If I were Cardiff I'd be pushing back at every chance.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 22:21 - Oct 2 with 2108 viewsNo9

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 12:43 - Oct 2 by Superblue95

They’re certainly making themselves a club that’s very easy to dislike. They bought the player so have to cough up regardless of what happened. A bloke is dead and all they’re worried about is money.

Classless

What is the onwers background?
Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 10:05 - Oct 3 with 1859 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 21:17 - Oct 2 by sparks

As I have observed above- this all ratehr depends on the contractual and insurance stuff. Which we are not privy to.

Spot on

Obviously when it’s played out in public like this it looks terrible, but the reality is it’s a huge amount of money for anyone, but particularly a business which has subsequently had a huge drop in income and can’t afford to be losing such a sum

Ultimately legally either everything was done or it’s wasn’t. If it wasn’t then it’s understandable that Cardiff would refuse to pay, as doing so would basically be a goodwill gesture

Of course, if it was done then it’s completely shameless on their part

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Cardiff appealing against the Sala ruling by FIFA on 10:08 - Oct 3 with 1845 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

On a related note and possibly a dumb question - but how are FIFA the arbiters on this, as opposed to an actual legal system?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024