Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) 11:48 - Aug 29 with 5439 viewsBluestar

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 11:49 - Aug 29 with 5113 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm happy.

Top of the league & that's where we'll stay.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

It feels our luck is turning on 11:51 - Aug 29 with 5106 viewsDyland

and there is some momentum building. But what do I know? It's all out in front of us.

I do like the look of our squad, assuming Keane can get himself fit. It's strong enough to properly challenge.

Is that you Blackers?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 11:51 - Aug 29 with 5100 viewswkj

Started a bit unconvincingly, but the return of some key injuries adds excitement.

I am happy Rowe has been given a run out and not looked too bad, a bit disappointed in Kenlock and Emmanuel, and concerned about Judge being played out wide, otherwise if we are a little less wasteful with our chances we should be looking at a good season.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

It feels our luck is turning on 11:55 - Aug 29 with 5081 viewsBluestar

It feels our luck is turning on 11:51 - Aug 29 by Dyland

and there is some momentum building. But what do I know? It's all out in front of us.

I do like the look of our squad, assuming Keane can get himself fit. It's strong enough to properly challenge.

Is that you Blackers?

It is Dyllers.

I'm feeling quite encouraged by the start. Hoping to get to some games this season.
Welcome back innit on 11:56 - Aug 29 with 5072 viewsDyland

It feels our luck is turning on 11:55 - Aug 29 by Bluestar

It is Dyllers.

I'm feeling quite encouraged by the start. Hoping to get to some games this season.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 11:56 - Aug 29 with 5069 viewsBluestar

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 11:51 - Aug 29 by wkj

Started a bit unconvincingly, but the return of some key injuries adds excitement.

I am happy Rowe has been given a run out and not looked too bad, a bit disappointed in Kenlock and Emmanuel, and concerned about Judge being played out wide, otherwise if we are a little less wasteful with our chances we should be looking at a good season.

I was curious to see how Rowe would get on. Where should Judge play? I assumed he was a wide midfielder.
So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 11:56 - Aug 29 with 5065 viewsTractorCam

I mean we're top of the league so surely it can only be good?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 12:03 - Aug 29 with 5035 viewsSouperJim

8/10

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 12:04 - Aug 29 with 5035 viewswkj

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 11:56 - Aug 29 by Bluestar

I was curious to see how Rowe would get on. Where should Judge play? I assumed he was a wide midfielder.

I've always liked judge playing as an advanced mid fielder, this season his crossing has been awkward quite often, that said, we don't play a system that facilitates an AMC, so who knows. Interestingly, skuse has been involved in a number of decisive moves and has had a few cracks at goal, looking really solid for us, so it further muddies the water in where Judge could be best suited

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 12:56 - Aug 29 with 4943 viewsIllinoisblue

Encouraged. 7/10. When - if - we get Lankester, Sears, Bishop, Nolan fit and fully involved we’ll have an embarrassment of League 1 riches. We have to go up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 13:04 - Aug 29 with 4916 viewsBrixtonBlue

It was supposedly a tough start, so to be top of the league after 5 games and no defeats, when starting with a fair few players still out, I don't think we can ask for much more.

And I'm optimistic going to games, for the first time in ages.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 13:09 - Aug 29 with 4904 viewsIpswichKnight

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 12:56 - Aug 29 by Illinoisblue

Encouraged. 7/10. When - if - we get Lankester, Sears, Bishop, Nolan fit and fully involved we’ll have an embarrassment of League 1 riches. We have to go up.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see Lankester or Bishop play this season.

We'll have a much clearer idea of how we stand in this league come the end of September, though i'm very happy with our start so far.
So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 13:17 - Aug 29 with 4874 viewsBigManBlue

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 12:04 - Aug 29 by wkj

I've always liked judge playing as an advanced mid fielder, this season his crossing has been awkward quite often, that said, we don't play a system that facilitates an AMC, so who knows. Interestingly, skuse has been involved in a number of decisive moves and has had a few cracks at goal, looking really solid for us, so it further muddies the water in where Judge could be best suited

Skuse is a monster in the division. The extra time and space we're getting on the ball is really allowing him to show his full range of abilities this year.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 13:19 - Aug 29 with 4862 viewsSwansea_Blue

Crap. Nowhere near enough to moan about on here!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 13:38 - Aug 29 with 4840 viewsBecclesITFC

Top of the league without playing that well.

Happy, however, as Ben Bloom quite rightly said, below the top 8 of the final standings we should be able to win playing not that well.

Problem is we need to start performing better and winning confortably (not including Bolton).

Need to keep to a formation that works, however, can be tweaked if needed. It's not clicking yet but you can see in patches we look like we could be a really decent team.

Worried about Peterborough, they look good.
So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 13:42 - Aug 29 with 4827 viewschicoazul

It seems like we are winning/drawing games without playing hugely well so that's a good sign. IMVHOYFFC.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 16:04 - Aug 29 with 4775 viewsGarv

Fairly clear currently that our players are pound for pound better than most in the league, but we're not playing with a lot of cohesion, as proved by not putting Sunderland to bed and taking until the 94th minute to be beating AFC Wimbledon.

Not going to complain too much. Things should improve once players are back fit, as ever.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 16:34 - Aug 29 with 4731 viewsBluestar

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 13:19 - Aug 29 by Swansea_Blue

Crap. Nowhere near enough to moan about on here!

Sorry, didn’t mean to downvote you there.
So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 08:06 - Aug 30 with 4568 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm pretty happy but can' help but think we're still missing something

Performances to date have been OK but we're lacking consistency for the 90 mins. If we keep having one decent half of football and one bad, it'll catch us up. Hopefully this'll come with a settled side and system at some point

Other than that , I'll take top of the league !

Poll: If it were one or the other

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 08:14 - Aug 30 with 4544 viewsHeathlander

I'm really enjoying it. The atmosphere has been brilliant. We are top of the league. We have a cult hero in Norwood who is a breath of fresh air. The new signings seem to be good additions.

We are top of the league without really playing that well. It will come though. It will take time to shake last season out of the system. One day soon we will play well for 90 minutes and give someone a real hiding at home.

Uppa Towen
So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 08:28 - Aug 30 with 4524 viewsChurchman

I thought we would do well to finish mid table before the season started, given how pathetic we were last season. That was too pessimistic, not least because the standard in League 1 is awful.We have not been bullied and have started well.

The more we distance ourselves from last years debacle with decent results, the more confidence will improve and the better we will get.
So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 09:04 - Aug 30 with 4482 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pretty much as expected. The right man has this squad playing top six football. I’m enjoying looking at the teams below us rather than the teams above us. Although I hope it’s only for one season.

Really good to see that the fans are coming back. Each year we were dying very slowly in the Championship. Crowds were getting smaller and I think we’d have gone down eventually. At least going down unexpectedly focused minds and brought the fans and club together. Relegation may well have been the wake up call this club needed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 09:26 - Aug 30 with 4459 viewsSuperfrans

Funny, we were discussing this last night.

In July, if you'd offered me 11 points from the first 5 games, I'd have snapped your hand off.

But, I've only seen the AFCW match so far and thought we were far from convincing.
The Bolton game can't be used as any measure given the state of the opposition.

So, I'm really interested to see how we do tomorrow.
If we only sneak a win (a la AFCW) or fail to win at all, I'll be a bit concerned.
If we win, playing well, that will give me more confidence tbh.
If we win by 2 or more clear goals, I'll be feeling very confident that we can make the top 2.

All that being said, it's really early still. Even if we aren't firing on all cylinders just yet, we are still getting our best team together (post injuries etc) and will have plenty of time. So all is not lost.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 09:46 - Aug 30 with 4441 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 16:34 - Aug 29 by Bluestar

Sorry, didn’t mean to downvote you there.

I can take the rejection...

It's been a much better start than I expected. I know on paper we should be one of, if not the favourite for the league. But after a protracted decline and the state of last season I was wary. Goals were obviously the key concern. Norwood was untested at this level so I didn't know what to expect. I did have a good feeling about Jackson though, good to see him doing well. As players come back from injury we should only get stronger too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, how are we all feeling about the start to the season? n/t (n/t) on 09:50 - Aug 30 with 4426 viewsHerbivore

Very happy with the points haul, indifferent about the performances to date. However, getting points despite not playing well is a good sign on the whole.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024