Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy 13:43 - Aug 2 with 1557 viewsitfcjoe

Even this summer, after he has gone...

Adam Webster - £2m sell on fee
Tyrone Mings - £1.8m sell on fee
Kieffer Moore - £350k sell on fee

Makes it even sillier that we still employ Dave Bowman, who worked with mick to get these players over the line, and he was totally sidelined by Paul Hurst and is by Paul lambert too.

We've got a hell of a recruitment guy we are paying a wage too, and we aren't using him.

The banter era continues

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:44 - Aug 2 with 1525 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Matt Clarke got us a huge sell on too, although I appreciate that's not down to McCarthy / Bowman signing him.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 13:45]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:45 - Aug 2 with 1509 viewsITFCBlues

What gives you the impression that PL isn't using him?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:47 - Aug 2 with 1486 viewsJ2BLUE

£350k? The sell on was 20%?

I think Forest Green are due a cut of that as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:47 - Aug 2 with 1482 viewsitfcjoe

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:44 - Aug 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Matt Clarke got us a huge sell on too, although I appreciate that's not down to McCarthy / Bowman signing him.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 13:45]

Yep, I thought if I put him in someone would call it out - but negotiated a decent sell on there

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:48 - Aug 2 with 1469 viewsitfcjoe

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:45 - Aug 2 by ITFCBlues

What gives you the impression that PL isn't using him?

Just what I've been told

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:54 - Aug 2 with 1417 viewsFixed_It

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:47 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

Yep, I thought if I put him in someone would call it out - but negotiated a decent sell on there

Let's not forget that it is Evans who negotiates the sell-on clauses.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:03 - Aug 2 with 1338 viewschicoazul

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:48 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

Just what I've been told

lololol

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:06 - Aug 2 with 1311 viewsPositivelyPortman

Evans got rid of him. So where’s your logic?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:11 - Aug 2 with 1280 viewsKieran_Knows

He must be thanking his lucky stars that Mick has reduced his deficit from £9m to £4.1m (if you include the Clarke cut).
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 14:14]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:27 - Aug 2 with 1226 viewsIllinoisblue

with respect, how hard would it have been to get the Mings deal over the line? From non-league to the Championship and quadrupling his wage. Not exactly a tough sell, I'd imagine.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:30 - Aug 2 with 1205 viewsartsbossbeard

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:27 - Aug 2 by Illinoisblue

with respect, how hard would it have been to get the Mings deal over the line? From non-league to the Championship and quadrupling his wage. Not exactly a tough sell, I'd imagine.

Lucan always advises me that it's Russel Osman that we need to thank for this deal and deffo not Mick.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:31 - Aug 2 with 1195 viewsKieran_Knows

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:30 - Aug 2 by artsbossbeard

Lucan always advises me that it's Russel Osman that we need to thank for this deal and deffo not Mick.

Where, and how is Lucan these days? Been a while since he last posted on here.

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:32 - Aug 2 with 1193 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:30 - Aug 2 by artsbossbeard

Funny, I've never even hear Osman mention it before.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:35 - Aug 2 with 1173 viewsartsbossbeard

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:31 - Aug 2 by Kieran_Knows

Where, and how is Lucan these days? Been a while since he last posted on here.

He's having a TWTD sabbatical presently but give him a wave as he still lurks

We're all off to Underworld in Amsterdam in November. I fear for my liver, heart & all other internal organs plus external ones too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:35 - Aug 2 with 1170 viewsIllinoisblue

Russell has mentioned it on twitter a few times, yes! Not bitter at all. Think he was after some kind of finders fee.

62 - 78 - 81

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:36 - Aug 2 with 1168 viewsLankHenners

Russell Osman’s pretty keen himself to let everyone know he should be receiving plenty of gratitude for Mings.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:37 - Aug 2 with 1150 viewsIllinoisblue

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:35 - Aug 2 by artsbossbeard

He's having a TWTD sabbatical presently but give him a wave as he still lurks

We're all off to Underworld in Amsterdam in November. I fear for my liver, heart & all other internal organs plus external ones too.

whenever Lucan is away for a bit I always he's assume he's into some kind of mad drug-fueled adventure, getting chased by unsavoury types and getting into other assorted shenanigans.

62 - 78 - 81

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:40 - Aug 2 with 1110 viewsartsbossbeard

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:37 - Aug 2 by Illinoisblue

whenever Lucan is away for a bit I always he's assume he's into some kind of mad drug-fueled adventure, getting chased by unsavoury types and getting into other assorted shenanigans.

Lucan is Lucan.

I met up with him the other Friday in Norwich for the Johhny Marr gig and he was in good form and was having a beer with one of the Norwich old lads.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 14:41]

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:44 - Aug 2 with 1075 viewsJ2BLUE

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:47 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

£350k? The sell on was 20%?

I think Forest Green are due a cut of that as well.

I thought he was going for £2.5m. That fee...wow.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:59 - Aug 2 with 1027 viewsitfcjoe

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:27 - Aug 2 by Illinoisblue

It's the talent spotting there, and getting the deal over the line.

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 15:12 - Aug 2 with 974 viewsIllinoisblue

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 14:59 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

It's the talent spotting there, and getting the deal over the line.

Mick and/or his staff certainly dug up some gems for us. Few stinkers too but which manager hasn't? He was able to attract a much (much much) higher class of loan player too. Lawrence, Fraser, Celina... all quality. Maitland-Niles you could even include in that list.

Now we're signing Lincoln reserves on six-month deals. Yes, there are suspension/injury reasons for that but still.

Getting back to your original point... are we saying Bowman is still employed by the club but is effectively on gardening leave?

62 - 78 - 81

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 15:37 - Aug 2 with 890 viewsKieran_Knows

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 13:48 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

Just what I've been told

Do we know if Bowmans contract has been renewed? I could've sworn Phil said his deal was up this summer, unless I was dreaming it?

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 15:43 - Aug 2 with 874 viewsitfcjoe

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 15:12 - Aug 2 by Illinoisblue

Mick and/or his staff certainly dug up some gems for us. Few stinkers too but which manager hasn't? He was able to attract a much (much much) higher class of loan player too. Lawrence, Fraser, Celina... all quality. Maitland-Niles you could even include in that list.

Now we're signing Lincoln reserves on six-month deals. Yes, there are suspension/injury reasons for that but still.

Getting back to your original point... are we saying Bowman is still employed by the club but is effectively on gardening leave?

I don't think he is on gardening leave, but he's not really got any say any more and his targets aren't being progressed; as they weren't last season

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 15:53 - Aug 2 with 830 viewsIllinoisblue

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 15:43 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

I don't think he is on gardening leave, but he's not really got any say any more and his targets aren't being progressed; as they weren't last season

good job we're not hemorrhaging money and can afford to pay people to do nothing!

62 - 78 - 81

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 09:10 - Aug 3 with 664 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Marcus Evans must be thanking his lucky stars for Mick McCarthy on 15:43 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

His contract was up at the end of June. No idea if there’s now a less formal arrangement in place but I expect there is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024