Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial 12:53 - Aug 1 with 3067 viewsBrixtonBlue

"he shared a stage with someone", "he liked a mural but didn't realise it was racist", "he fails to act quickly enough re antisemitism in Labour" ...whereas on the other side, Boris LITERALLY HAS SAID RACIST THINGS. There's video evidence of him ACTUALLY SAYING THEM. And yet there is FAR FAR more condemnation of Corbyn on TWTD than there is Boris re racism.

Is it just me that finds that odd?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 12:56 - Aug 1 with 1481 viewsStokieBlue

Perhaps because nobody is going to argue against anyone saying the Boris says racist stuff, whereas there are plenty of people who argue vehemently on behalf of JC.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 12:59 - Aug 1 with 1464 viewsBrixtonBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 12:56 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

Perhaps because nobody is going to argue against anyone saying the Boris says racist stuff, whereas there are plenty of people who argue vehemently on behalf of JC.

SB

Well not just on behalf, on both sides - because the evidence isn't cut and dried.

So yeah, fair point.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:00 - Aug 1 with 1460 viewsWD19

I suspect it is.

As Stokie says, there are not many pathetic apologists arguing the case for Boris.
What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:12 - Aug 1 with 1434 viewsJ2BLUE

"he liked a mural but didn't realise it was racist"

He did realise though. It's extremely obvious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:13 - Aug 1 with 1427 viewsitfcjoe

Because no one is willing to tie themselves in knots and defend Boris like they are Corbyn

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:24 - Aug 1 with 1404 viewslowhouseblue

because the 'unluckiest anti-racist in history' line has worn rather thin?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:31 - Aug 1 with 1384 viewsnoggin

I still haven’t seen a shred of evidence that Corbyn is a racist, quite the contrary in fact. Yet here we are again with people convinced he is.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:32 - Aug 1 with 1378 viewsBrixtonBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:12 - Aug 1 by J2BLUE

I didn't realise. Corbyn says he didn't either, so how can you claim he did?

Also, who are you and why are you nicking J2's name?

Login to get fewer ads

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:33 - Aug 1 with 1370 viewsBrixtonBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:31 - Aug 1 by noggin

I still haven’t seen a shred of evidence that Corbyn is a racist, quite the contrary in fact. Yet here we are again with people convinced he is.

It was actually you in the other thread that inspired this one. So everyone - blame noggin!

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:34 - Aug 1 with 1360 viewsBrixtonBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:24 - Aug 1 by lowhouseblue

because the 'unluckiest anti-racist in history' line has worn rather thin?

You could make anyone look like a racist if you tried hard enough.

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:00 - Aug 1 with 1319 viewsDarth_Koont

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 13:12 - Aug 1 by J2BLUE

It's not obviously racist though is it? There's nothing antisemitic about complaining about bankers or industrialists if that's what you see and the artist himself said he was portraying. Last I checked Rockefeller and Morgan aren't Jewish. It's antisemitic, of course, to single out Jews. But with a collection of US financiers and robber barons here that's not happened.

I accept that it shares aspects of tropes which is an issue so I can understand why some were offended but there was no unilateral condemnation at the time for something that was "obviously racist".

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-19844681/kalen-ockerman-mural-to-b

Maybe because it echoes pieces like this:

As a blanket term or description there's nothing antisemitic in talking about bankers and industrialists ... unless the people who are complaining think that bankers and industrialists are inherently and most commonly Jewish.

That's the cruel irony of the people who say they are most concerned about antisemitism. We can even see the same thing here with "The enemy within" picture which highlights the most vocal critic but clearly shows non-Jews too. But people call it antisemitic because there's a trope they themselves want to apply.

That's insane. Although this is the type of position people get into when they manufacture outrage for narrow, political ends.

Pronouns: He/Him

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:08 - Aug 1 with 1298 viewsStokieBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:00 - Aug 1 by Darth_Koont

It's not obviously racist though is it? There's nothing antisemitic about complaining about bankers or industrialists if that's what you see and the artist himself said he was portraying. Last I checked Rockefeller and Morgan aren't Jewish. It's antisemitic, of course, to single out Jews. But with a collection of US financiers and robber barons here that's not happened.

I accept that it shares aspects of tropes which is an issue so I can understand why some were offended but there was no unilateral condemnation at the time for something that was "obviously racist".

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-19844681/kalen-ockerman-mural-to-b

Maybe because it echoes pieces like this:

As a blanket term or description there's nothing antisemitic in talking about bankers and industrialists ... unless the people who are complaining think that bankers and industrialists are inherently and most commonly Jewish.

That's the cruel irony of the people who say they are most concerned about antisemitism. We can even see the same thing here with "The enemy within" picture which highlights the most vocal critic but clearly shows non-Jews too. But people call it antisemitic because there's a trope they themselves want to apply.

That's insane. Although this is the type of position people get into when they manufacture outrage for narrow, political ends.

So you honestly don't think the portrayal of the bankers and industrialists was clearly inspired by stereotypical physical attributes of Jewish men?

What about the one on the left who looks incredibly similar to the stereotypical rabbi?

Coincidence?

SB

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:14 - Aug 1 with 1279 viewsnoggin

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:08 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

So you honestly don't think the portrayal of the bankers and industrialists was clearly inspired by stereotypical physical attributes of Jewish men?

What about the one on the left who looks incredibly similar to the stereotypical rabbi?

Coincidence?

SB

What does a stereotypical jew look like?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:15 - Aug 1 with 1272 viewsSpruceMoose

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:08 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

Coincidence?

SB

He looks like one of the Three Musketeers to me...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:17 - Aug 1 with 1262 viewsStokieBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:14 - Aug 1 by noggin

I think you know exactly what is meant by my post, you're just trying to obfuscate the issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotypes_of_Jews

"The idea of the large[6] or aquiline[7] "Jewish nose" remains one of the most prevalent and defining features to characterize someone as a Jew."

Just look at the mural.

SB
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 14:18]

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:17 - Aug 1 with 1258 viewsBrixtonBlue

Coincidence?

SB

I can't see any that look like a rabbi. Who do you mean? The guy on the left is wearing a green jacket. I'm not aware that's a rabbi's stereotypical clothing.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 14:19]

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:18 - Aug 1 with 1256 viewsitfcjoe

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:14 - Aug 1 by noggin

WHy don't you have a look back at Nazi propaganda from the 30s? Big hook noses, dark eyes and portraying greed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:19 - Aug 1 with 1243 viewsStokieBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:17 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

I can't see any that look like a rabbi. Who do you mean? The guy on the left is wearing a green jacket. I'm not aware that's a rabbi's stereotypical clothing.

The one on the left with the huge beard? It's not as obvious as the others though so happy to disregard this one as a stretch.

SB

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:19 - Aug 1 with 1243 viewsGeoffSentence

It's because JC is a beardy. No-one trusts a beardy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:21 - Aug 1 with 1228 viewsStokieBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:15 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

He looks like one of the Three Musketeers to me...

I think we are talking about a different mural - DK's one is an attempt to say it's a common image but if you look at his it's nothing like the one in question which I believe is this:

If that isn't the mural referred to previous to DK post then disregard my posts.

SB

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:21 - Aug 1 with 1227 viewsBrixtonBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:18 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

WHy don't you have a look back at Nazi propaganda from the 30s? Big hook noses, dark eyes and portraying greed

Where's the big hook noses in this image? the guy on the right has a tiny nose, the middle one has a pointy nose, and the guy on the left has a Roman nose, to my eyes.

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:22 - Aug 1 with 1220 viewsStokieBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:17 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

You need to go back and read the thread.

That isn't the mural, that's DK giving an example of imagery he thinks is similar. J2 was referring to a different image which I've now posted to clear things up.

SB

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:22 - Aug 1 with 1218 viewsSpruceMoose

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:21 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

I think we are talking about a different mural - DK's one is an attempt to say it's a common image but if you look at his it's nothing like the one in question which I believe is this:

If that isn't the mural referred to previous to DK post then disregard my posts.

SB

Pardon me, I thought you were talking about the Puck cartoon posted in this thread. My mistake.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:22 - Aug 1 with 1216 viewsBrixtonBlue

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:19 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

The one on the left with the huge beard? It's not as obvious as the others though so happy to disregard this one as a stretch.

SB

The middle chap? Looks nothing like a rabbi to me.

Sounds like you're struggling to convince yourself!

What I don't understand, Corbyn's racism is all circumstantial on 14:23 - Aug 1 with 1212 viewsGlasgowBlue

Coincidence?

SB

From the artist himself

“Some of the older white Jewish folk in the local community had an issue with me portraying their beloved #Rothschild or #Warburg etc as the demons they are,”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/antisemitism-open-your-eye

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024