Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The seizure of that Iranian tanker near Gibraltar is seriously dodgy. 16:41 - Jul 30 with 1061 viewsGeoffSentence

If it were the Iranians doing the same to a British tanker we would be claiming piracy.

The reasoning behind seizing it doesn't stand up to my mind, for busting EU sanctions on oil imports to Syria. Well, hello, Iran isn't in the EU and is not party to those sanctions.

The captain's description of the seizure all sounds a bit over the top as well. Taking on an unarmed crew and forcing them to their knees at gunpoint is just not British.

I really aren't sure how The Man can justify it at all.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The seizure of that Iranian tanker near Gibraltar is seriously dodgy. on 16:46 - Jul 30 with 1039 viewsfactual_blue

Don't worry. boris is skilled at negotiating with Iran.

Foreign Secretary raab is still trying to find Gibraltar on his Philips School Atlas (1930 edition).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The seizure of that Iranian tanker near Gibraltar is seriously dodgy. on 16:53 - Jul 30 with 1009 viewsGeoffSentence

The seizure of that Iranian tanker near Gibraltar is seriously dodgy. on 16:46 - Jul 30 by factual_blue

Don't worry. boris is skilled at negotiating with Iran.

Foreign Secretary raab is still trying to find Gibraltar on his Philips School Atlas (1930 edition).

Good job that we have Britain's finest brains running the country at the moment.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The seizure of that Iranian tanker near Gibraltar is seriously dodgy. on 17:03 - Jul 30 with 988 viewsfactual_blue

The seizure of that Iranian tanker near Gibraltar is seriously dodgy. on 16:53 - Jul 30 by GeoffSentence

Good job that we have Britain's finest brains running the country at the moment.

We have Britain's finest Brians running the country at the moment.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:55 - Jul 30 with 927 viewsFtnfwest

The seizure of that Iranian tanker near Gibraltar is seriously dodgy. on 18:15 - Jul 30 with 902 viewsOldsmoker

It's at the top of BJs list of things-to-do.
He's so serious about being PM that you won't catch him doing photo-ops with farmers wives and chickens.
Oh wait.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The seizure of that Iranian tanker near Gibraltar is seriously dodgy. on 18:21 - Jul 30 with 894 viewsuefacup81

I was about to post the exact same question on here. Unless there's something I've missed, I cannot see why the tanker was fair game unless we've taken over the US' penchant for playing World Police.

Assuming there was no legitimate reason to sieze the tanker, I'm not surprised Iran has taken one of ours as revenge.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

The seizure of that Iranian tanker near Gibraltar is seriously dodgy. on 20:59 - Jul 30 with 786 viewscaught-in-limbo

It's not about what PM's want to do anymore, but more about how weak and unprincipled they are.

There's a reason detestable people and buffoons make it into powerful positions. They do what they are told and then the public can say "it's got nothing to do with us".

(and for what it's worth, France have committed similar crimes in Africa in recent years)

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024