Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gwion Edwards 11:45 - Feb 1 with 5411 viewsBLUEBEAT

Wonder if it’s worth giving him another go now he has 2 big, strong, mobile strikers to get on the end of his crosses?

Poll: W or W

Sub, innit. (n/t) on 11:49 - Feb 1 with 4878 viewsBloots

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Gwion Edwards on 11:50 - Feb 1 with 4884 viewsbluefunk

What crosses.....
Gwion Edwards on 11:51 - Feb 1 with 4872 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Unless his touch becomes even worse and the ball starts bouncing off him to become a cross, i don't think so, no.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 11:55]

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Gwion Edwards on 11:54 - Feb 1 with 4857 viewswkj

He deserve another go when and ONLY when he can control the football, and pass. He tries to rush everything and gifts the opposition too much possession. Spence was far from the only sinner on that wing this season, Edward's ball control is just as to blame.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Gwion Edwards on 11:57 - Feb 1 with 4831 viewsronnyblue

Should have been shipped out, not worth wasting a shirt number on! As with the majority of the summer signings they should be shown the exit door at the earliest opportunity!
Gwion Edwards on 12:04 - Feb 1 with 4800 viewsBlueySwede

Started well, went downhill after the Norwich game. A decent player in there I think. But he is so frustrating to watch. He needs to improve his decision making and, as some has mentioned, his first touch.
Gwion Edwards on 12:07 - Feb 1 with 4763 viewsDarth_Koont

Gwion Edwards on 11:54 - Feb 1 by wkj

He deserve another go when and ONLY when he can control the football, and pass. He tries to rush everything and gifts the opposition too much possession. Spence was far from the only sinner on that wing this season, Edward's ball control is just as to blame.

Agree re: Edwards but I think Spence has been good on the ball, and actually our best fullback in that department.

I think it's defensively that Lambert has problems with him compared to someone like Pennington.

Pronouns: He/Him

Gwion Edwards on 12:09 - Feb 1 with 4771 viewssparks

Gwion Edwards on 12:04 - Feb 1 by BlueySwede

Started well, went downhill after the Norwich game. A decent player in there I think. But he is so frustrating to watch. He needs to improve his decision making and, as some has mentioned, his first touch.

Think much of that may be explained by confidence being shot.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Gwion Edwards on 12:35 - Feb 1 with 4697 viewsBrixtonBlue

He's a bit hot and cold isn't he? Worth persevering with I think.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Gwion Edwards on 13:33 - Feb 1 with 4597 viewsOsborneOneNil

Gwion Edwards on 11:51 - Feb 1 by JammyDodgerrr

Unless his touch becomes even worse and the ball starts bouncing off him to become a cross, i don't think so, no.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 11:55]

He can control the ball further than I can kick it.
Gwion Edwards on 13:59 - Feb 1 with 4509 viewsWickets

Its a yes from me, some are saying he cant cross but i can remember thinking early in the season that he had put 3 excellent crosses int the box and we just had no one in there. At home Edwards and Judge in the same team as we need to win games draws will not do.
Gwion Edwards on 14:02 - Feb 1 with 4503 viewsMrTown

I think there is a good player there, needs more game time.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Gwion Edwards on 14:04 - Feb 1 with 4502 viewsBLUEBEAT

Gwion Edwards on 11:50 - Feb 1 by bluefunk

What crosses.....

Like the ones he used to ping all over the pitch at Peterborough, where he had suitable frontmen to target. Like he has now.

Poll: W or W

Gwion Edwards on 14:34 - Feb 1 with 4425 viewsVaughan8

Was he this bad? When I saw a few games he seemed like the only one who may have been able to do something and give me a bit of excitement?

You guys have probably seen him more than me so I'll take your word for it. Surely he should be an option from the bench
Gwion Edwards on 14:43 - Feb 1 with 4406 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Huge squad now, cant see him getting on the bench after early season promise, who knows, things can change quick, Lambert certainly has plenty of options now, keeping everyone happy will be hard.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Gwion Edwards on 14:44 - Feb 1 with 4409 viewsitfcjoe

I'm not sure why everyone suddenly thinks he is cr*p, he has struggled lately, in a poor team, but has showed enough for me that he will be a good signing over the course of his contract

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gwion Edwards on 14:48 - Feb 1 with 4395 viewsWickets

Gwion Edwards on 14:34 - Feb 1 by Vaughan8

Was he this bad? When I saw a few games he seemed like the only one who may have been able to do something and give me a bit of excitement?

You guys have probably seen him more than me so I'll take your word for it. Surely he should be an option from the bench

I'm told his game at Pboro was very much, beat his man early cross into the box also quite good at getting unmarked at far post, if my memory serves me well that is how he started here. Suffered as we lost games as most players would, for me time to give him another chance!
Gwion Edwards on 14:51 - Feb 1 with 4387 viewsSteve_M

Gwion Edwards on 14:44 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

I'm not sure why everyone suddenly thinks he is cr*p, he has struggled lately, in a poor team, but has showed enough for me that he will be a good signing over the course of his contract

It looks to me as if the physicality of the division has caught up with him a bit and he's struggling as a result. Whether he can recover from that now defenders know what to expect remains to be seen,

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Gwion Edwards on 14:57 - Feb 1 with 4360 viewsArnieM

Having met him in the stands at the Forest game, where he was clearly in a massive sulk ( unlike the other Town players in the group), and as I understand it, his response to not being in the team. Vs Rotherham ( stormed out of the Club), I’d say his days are very much numbered. His form soar t from the first few games has by and large been very underwhelming.

I would add that Spences form was IMO affected by Edwards almost non existent tracking back. That’s not to say Spence was out of his depth, but he had sod all help from Edwards IMO.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Edwards exit left over the summer.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Gwion Edwards on 15:18 - Feb 1 with 4288 viewsMrTown

Gwion Edwards on 14:44 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

This x100.

Gwion Edwards on 15:19 - Feb 1 with 4285 viewsMrTown

Gwion Edwards on 14:57 - Feb 1 by ArnieM

Having met him in the stands at the Forest game, where he was clearly in a massive sulk ( unlike the other Town players in the group), and as I understand it, his response to not being in the team. Vs Rotherham ( stormed out of the Club), I’d say his days are very much numbered. His form soar t from the first few games has by and large been very underwhelming.

I would add that Spences form was IMO affected by Edwards almost non existent tracking back. That’s not to say Spence was out of his depth, but he had sod all help from Edwards IMO.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Edwards exit left over the summer.

I sat down with him for about 25-30 minutes about 3 weeks ago, lovely guy, honest and humble.

Gwion Edwards on 15:29 - Feb 1 with 4249 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Gwion Edwards on 14:34 - Feb 1 by Vaughan8

The excitement was around the fact we had a forward thinking winger and you never quite knew what he was going to do next.

The trouble is, as time went on, it didn't seem like he knew what he was going to do either.

Against West Brom, he was very very poor. The ball cannons off him.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Gwion Edwards on 16:23 - Feb 1 with 4154 viewsGarv

Seeing as we don't really have any wingers he must get a look in.

We saw enough at the start to see he's got something. In a confident team with a buzz in the first game of the season (and Norwich) he was great to have and did some outrageous things with the ball. Since then he's really struggled to do anything of note, though still got a couple of goals along the way, Swansea and Reading away IIRC.

No way should we be discarding an exciting attacking player after a season just because the team has been a mess and not performed.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Gwion Edwards on 16:45 - Feb 1 with 4108 viewsArnieM

Gwion Edwards on 15:19 - Feb 1 by MrTown

I sat down with him for about 25-30 minutes about 3 weeks ago, lovely guy, honest and humble.

Really? I’m amazed by that. He was a miserable sod in the stands at Forest. Ignored by friends offered hand shake and good luck for rest of season wishes. Totally blanked him. The rest of the Town players were chatty and having conversations with Town fans around us.

We will see won’t we. But he didn’t leave our group with a ver6 good impression that day, that’s for sure.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Gwion Edwards on 17:22 - Feb 1 with 4005 viewsWickets

Gwion Edwards on 15:29 - Feb 1 by JammyDodgerrr

The excitement was around the fact we had a forward thinking winger and you never quite knew what he was going to do next.

The trouble is, as time went on, it didn't seem like he knew what he was going to do either.

Against West Brom, he was very very poor. The ball cannons off him.

Thats about right but i have a feeling that if we now have players in the box he can go back to doing what he does. Against West brom we just had to defend against a much better team so maybe that was not the right game for an attacking winger. Just a thought you understand !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024