Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So that's it 22:33 - Jan 1 with 4894 viewsCotty

I hope we change our transfer window strategy accordingly. No expensive loans thank you. If we can end some of the current ones that wouldn't hurt. We've got two windows to construct a cohesive unit to challenge next year. I hope that MM and PL are pragmatic enough to see that.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 22:33]
So that's it on 22:34 - Jan 1 with 4863 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Would be very interesting to canvass the general view on this.
So that's it on 22:35 - Jan 1 with 4851 viewsjeera

Agree a line needs to be drawn somewhere and there's no point in throwing good money after bad.

If there's funding available it should be used to maintain the little we have and to recruit wisely from there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So that's it on 22:38 - Jan 1 with 4836 viewsCotty

So that's it on 22:35 - Jan 1 by jeera

Agree a line needs to be drawn somewhere and there's no point in throwing good money after bad.

If there's funding available it should be used to maintain the little we have and to recruit wisely from there.

I'd far rather we invested in keeping hold of our young talent than spunk it on a desperate attempt to jump over a chasm on a peddle bike.
So that's it on 22:41 - Jan 1 with 4804 viewsjeera

So that's it on 22:38 - Jan 1 by Cotty

I'd far rather we invested in keeping hold of our young talent than spunk it on a desperate attempt to jump over a chasm on a peddle bike.

Yes, agree with that too.

Although I'd pay to watch someone attempt the 2nd part.

There could be the future of game shows right there.

So that's it on 22:43 - Jan 1 with 4790 viewsTrequartista

I agree but if ME and PL are seen to be giving up, they will get slaughtered. MM won't care though.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So that's it on 22:54 - Jan 1 with 4745 viewsJ2BLUE

Disagree. 10 points behind Rotherham. We play them next. Beat them and we still have a chance. We can't afford to give up while we still have a chance. Draw or lose and I agree. Good thing is the Rotherham game is on the 12th so we can adjust accordingly.

That's how I would do it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So that's it on 23:04 - Jan 1 with 4693 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Agree. We are down and there is no point wasting loan fees and high wages on players to chase a dream.

Better to start putting together a new team for August. No loans, get the young players in and sign players who will be ours for a few seasons.

If we sign six players on loan and go down, we will be left with a very thin, poor quality squad with all the money gone.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

So that's it on 23:06 - Jan 1 with 4677 viewsGuthrum

It's not 'it' and doing that would be to throw away our best chance of rescue without even trying it.

(Yes I was there today)

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

So that's it on 23:11 - Jan 1 with 4654 viewsreusersfreekicks

Have to be careful not to give up on this season and take a losing mentality into next season.
So that's it on 23:13 - Jan 1 with 4644 viewsThe_Last_Baron

So that's it on 23:11 - Jan 1 by reusersfreekicks

Have to be careful not to give up on this season and take a losing mentality into next season.

We have won 2 games all season. How do you suggest we will get 32 points from 20 games?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

So that's it on 23:15 - Jan 1 with 4629 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So that's it on 23:13 - Jan 1 by The_Last_Baron

We have won 2 games all season. How do you suggest we will get 32 points from 20 games?

It's a good job Leicester didn't have that mentality.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So that's it on 23:19 - Jan 1 with 4598 viewspointofblue

So that's it on 22:54 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

Disagree. 10 points behind Rotherham. We play them next. Beat them and we still have a chance. We can't afford to give up while we still have a chance. Draw or lose and I agree. Good thing is the Rotherham game is on the 12th so we can adjust accordingly.

That's how I would do it.

So you’re saying hold off on any big moves until after Rotherham? If we win then go for it, if we don’t then plan for League One? Bit of a risky strategy if our targets are snapped up in the meantime; we could win and have none of our number one targets available.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So that's it on 23:20 - Jan 1 with 4597 viewstractorboy1978

So that's it on 23:04 - Jan 1 by The_Last_Baron

Agree. We are down and there is no point wasting loan fees and high wages on players to chase a dream.

Better to start putting together a new team for August. No loans, get the young players in and sign players who will be ours for a few seasons.

If we sign six players on loan and go down, we will be left with a very thin, poor quality squad with all the money gone.

What players are going to want to sign for a club that has resigned itself to being in L1 next season? (your mentality, not mine).
So that's it on 23:24 - Jan 1 with 4570 viewsGuthrum

So that's it on 23:13 - Jan 1 by The_Last_Baron

To start with, get a striker in. Not just a forward, but someone who can turn a chance into a dangerous shot. That will go a long way to making our new-found ability to pass and to run with the ball into goals. Which will, in turn, take pressure off our defence.

Harrison puts in the effort and harrasses defenders, can even hold the ball up, but lacks the finishing touch.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So that's it on 23:53 - Jan 1 with 4486 viewsJ2BLUE

So that's it on 23:19 - Jan 1 by pointofblue

So you’re saying hold off on any big moves until after Rotherham? If we win then go for it, if we don’t then plan for League One? Bit of a risky strategy if our targets are snapped up in the meantime; we could win and have none of our number one targets available.

Calculated risk. I think we'll go for it anyway to be honest. Lambert would surely walk away if Evans suddenly pulled the investment out from under him.

I think we'll sign some decent loans and have a good crack at staying up. Might well be deluded but we've seen in the past how far you can get with experienced journeymen who are well drilled. It would be ridiculous to give up and take the disaster of relegation if we can beat Rotherham. The gap would be 7 points with 19 games/57 points remaining. Football is a funny game. This isn't over. Imagine the difference a decent CB, RB, CM and ST would make.

It looks unlikely, of course it does, but relegation will be a disaster.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So that's it on 00:02 - Jan 2 with 4443 viewstractorboy1978

So that's it on 23:53 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

Calculated risk. I think we'll go for it anyway to be honest. Lambert would surely walk away if Evans suddenly pulled the investment out from under him.

I think we'll sign some decent loans and have a good crack at staying up. Might well be deluded but we've seen in the past how far you can get with experienced journeymen who are well drilled. It would be ridiculous to give up and take the disaster of relegation if we can beat Rotherham. The gap would be 7 points with 19 games/57 points remaining. Football is a funny game. This isn't over. Imagine the difference a decent CB, RB, CM and ST would make.

The idea of giving up is utterly ludicrous on so many levels and born out of frustration and upset at today.
So that's it on 00:07 - Jan 2 with 4418 viewsStNeotsBlue

I agree with most of this. My concern is our first target seems to be a left back on loan, who is two years older with less Championship experience than Kenlock.
So that's it on 03:29 - Jan 2 with 4258 viewsjeera

So that's it on 00:02 - Jan 2 by tractorboy1978

The idea of giving up is utterly ludicrous on so many levels and born out of frustration and upset at today.

I don't think the OP was suggesting 'giving up', as much as showing concern that journeymen may be brought in on high dosh, at the expense of our own talent, that we're going to need to rely on further down the line.

It's in that respect I can see where he's coming from.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 3:34]

So that's it on 03:43 - Jan 2 with 4249 viewstextbackup

So that's it on 23:24 - Jan 1 by Guthrum

To start with, get a striker in. Not just a forward, but someone who can turn a chance into a dangerous shot. That will go a long way to making our new-found ability to pass and to run with the ball into goals. Which will, in turn, take pressure off our defence.

Harrison puts in the effort and harrasses defenders, can even hold the ball up, but lacks the finishing touch.

in the warm up, and I know its only the warm up, Harrison and Lancaster were the only two finishing. the rest were, shall we say, ever so slightly pathetic.
Knudsen put a volley over the bar, over the safety net, and hit the top of the north stand upper....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So that's it on 05:26 - Jan 2 with 4191 viewsBenters2

Evans won’t gamble on big money signings we saw this when we were 2nd in January 2015.

That was our chance and he bottled it.
So that's it on 08:06 - Jan 2 with 4056 viewsSteve_M

So that's it on 22:34 - Jan 1 by PrideOfTheEast

I disagree with Cotty's OP. Relegation is so costly, so disastrous for the club that we simply have to keep trying.

And in any case, playing a team full of youngsters all season will see many more games like yesterday - the better side for long periods but bullied out of games by more experienced and streetwise opponents.

If people think we can have any chance of coming straight back up then we need to go down with a bit of fight, not meekly on 30 points, something that shows Lambert is building something and might encourage him to stay.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So that's it on 08:12 - Jan 2 with 4041 viewsSomethingBlue

So that's it on 22:34 - Jan 1 by PrideOfTheEast

I'd argue that we have to keep going and see if we can get the players in who, at either end, might make things fall the right side of the margins for us. It is still the case that a couple of quick wins woukd change the complexion even though things currently look dire.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So that's it on 08:15 - Jan 2 with 4016 viewsHerbivore

So that's it on 00:07 - Jan 2 by StNeotsBlue

I agree with most of this. My concern is our first target seems to be a left back on loan, who is two years older with less Championship experience than Kenlock.

Knudsen is off, we need another left back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So that's it on 12:03 - Jan 2 with 3873 viewsitfcjoe

So that's it on 08:12 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

I'd argue that we have to keep going and see if we can get the players in who, at either end, might make things fall the right side of the margins for us. It is still the case that a couple of quick wins woukd change the complexion even though things currently look dire.

We've got to give it a go to stay up, it would be incredible if we didn't.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So that's it on 12:09 - Jan 2 with 3850 viewsSomethingBlue

So that's it on 12:03 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

We've got to give it a go to stay up, it would be incredible if we didn't.

Get just two of the right players in over the next 10 days and we should beat Rotherham. We'd have a decent shout up at Blackburn too and then (ignoring Villa) we're going into February against a beatable Wednesday and a local derby that — despite the league positions and 10-year form — is not exactly predictable, especially with the Lambert factor. Yesterday's result deflated me more than any in the last four or five years and the odds are massively against us but you can see what PL means when he says we're not a million miles off.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 12:09]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024