Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 21:52 - Nov 1 with 4727 viewsitfcjoe

AN impressive guy, holds the room well - exudes confidence and steel and just comes across as a pro, like Mick was able to.

I've got great confidence in him, and am looking forward to the weekend.

Kudos to the club and the supporters club for putting on an event and allowing such access to the manager.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert on 22:06 - Nov 1 with 4604 viewsrfretwell

That's all very well ITFC Joe so why didn't Evans hire him in the summer? Far better track record than Hurst who has destroyed our team. How he could ever agree to Waggers being sold god only knows. The same Waghorn who was fantastic at Chelsea last night. He should have said " give us one more season while the team settles down.". But no he lets Evans pocket the dosh and take a ridiculous pint on lower division, hardly prolific strikers. We deserve to be bottom and wont climb the table till we get a proper goalscorer in. Sadly.
Lambert on 23:36 - Nov 1 with 4404 viewsGuthrum

Lambert on 22:06 - Nov 1 by rfretwell

That's all very well ITFC Joe so why didn't Evans hire him in the summer? Far better track record than Hurst who has destroyed our team. How he could ever agree to Waggers being sold god only knows. The same Waghorn who was fantastic at Chelsea last night. He should have said " give us one more season while the team settles down.". But no he lets Evans pocket the dosh and take a ridiculous pint on lower division, hardly prolific strikers. We deserve to be bottom and wont climb the table till we get a proper goalscorer in. Sadly.

Almost everyone wanted a "young, hungry" manager, hiring "young, hungry" players from "lower leagues".

Also, Lambert didn't leave Stoke until well into our recruitment process.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert on 06:22 - Nov 2 with 4213 viewshype313

He wanted a break from management and Waghorn wanted to leave, simples.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lambert on 06:27 - Nov 2 with 4201 viewsBenters2

Lambert on 06:22 - Nov 2 by hype313

Money talks.

PH has fkd us good and proper.
Lambert on 06:30 - Nov 2 with 4188 viewshype313

Lambert on 06:27 - Nov 2 by Benters2

Money talks.

PH has fkd us good and proper.

I don't think any manager could have kept Waghorn, this whole notion of wanting to Join Lampard was lip service, he got triple his wages and a big signing on fee, can't blame him, and certainly not Hursts fault.

Lambert on 06:31 - Nov 2 with 4185 viewsBenters2

How many years will we be comparing everything to Mick Mac?

He isnt even our last manager.
Lambert on 06:35 - Nov 2 with 4172 viewsBenters2

Lambert on 06:30 - Nov 2 by hype313

I don't think any manager could have kept Waghorn, this whole notion of wanting to Join Lampard was lip service, he got triple his wages and a big signing on fee, can't blame him, and certainly not Hursts fault.

Like i said then money does talk.

Ok it wasnt PHs fault that he left,however it is his fault not signing like for like.
Lambert on 06:42 - Nov 2 with 4154 viewshype313

Lambert on 06:35 - Nov 2 by Benters2

Like i said then money does talk.

Ok it wasnt PHs fault that he left,however it is his fault not signing like for like.

We don't have the finances of Derby so we couldn't sign like for like, hence shopping in the bargain basement.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 06:51 - Nov 2 with 4131 viewsEly_Blue

Lambert on 06:42 - Nov 2 by hype313

We don't have the finances of Derby so we couldn't sign like for like, hence shopping in the bargain basement.

Given that we only signed him 12 months before then yes we could have signed like for like, you just need a manager with either the right contacts book or a good scout next to him to be able to identify players and then motivate them to playing the right way for you

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Lambert on 06:55 - Nov 2 with 4115 viewsBenters2

Lambert on 06:51 - Nov 2 by Ely_Blue

Given that we only signed him 12 months before then yes we could have signed like for like, you just need a manager with either the right contacts book or a good scout next to him to be able to identify players and then motivate them to playing the right way for you

Thank you for putting it better than i could.
Lambert on 07:54 - Nov 2 with 3914 viewshype313

Like for like Waghorn after his first season or before?

on 07:56 - Nov 2 with 3903 views_

Lambert on 06:22 - Nov 2 by hype313

Lambert on 08:06 - Nov 2 with 3858 viewshype313

on 07:56 - Nov 2 by _

This is obviously a contentious point as I've read otherwise, however I'm no more in the know than anyone, and to be fair even if we did offer him a new contract whilst upping his wages would it have been as much as Derby's? I very much doubt so, as I say can't blame him for cashing in.

Lambert on 08:09 - Nov 2 with 3841 viewsEly_Blue

Lambert on 07:54 - Nov 2 by hype313

Like for like Waghorn after his first season or before?

Like for like when he first signed him, it was the management of MM that obviously got something out of him that others hadn’t seen or got from him before, it wasn’t like he needed to be with us for 2-3 years before he blossomed is it? Therefore MM and his scouts saw something they thought they could work with. I would expect any decent manager that we should be looking to employ should be able to do the same.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Lambert on 08:11 - Nov 2 with 3828 viewsReuser_is_God

Lambert on 06:31 - Nov 2 by Benters2

How many years will we be comparing everything to Mick Mac?

He isnt even our last manager.

Only being compared to Mick because they've both joined the club in very similar situations.

Plus, I'd say Mick was our last manager because Hurst was nothing short* of a joke.

*no pun intended

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Waghorn on 08:12 - Nov 2 with 3818 viewsMVBlue

on 07:56 - Nov 2 by _

Wghorn was probably not interested in being coached by Chris Doig who was photographed jumping on his back during training.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Lambert on 08:13 - Nov 2 with 3807 viewshype313

Lambert on 08:09 - Nov 2 by Ely_Blue

Like for like when he first signed him, it was the management of MM that obviously got something out of him that others hadn’t seen or got from him before, it wasn’t like he needed to be with us for 2-3 years before he blossomed is it? Therefore MM and his scouts saw something they thought they could work with. I would expect any decent manager that we should be looking to employ should be able to do the same.

Think we're getting our wires crossed, I wanted Hurst out, thought he was out of his depth, but if we were to buy a championship striker with 20 odd goals in him then we would would have had to spend £5m plus, something we have never done under Evans.

Now, if we wanted a manager who could spot a player who could be a diamond in the rough then Mick was the man, as history suggested, unlike Hurst.

But I thought everyone wanted Mick out.

Lambert on 08:25 - Nov 2 with 3752 viewsrfretwell

Lambert on 08:13 - Nov 2 by hype313

Think we're getting our wires crossed, I wanted Hurst out, thought he was out of his depth, but if we were to buy a championship striker with 20 odd goals in him then we would would have had to spend £5m plus, something we have never done under Evans.

Now, if we wanted a manager who could spot a player who could be a diamond in the rough then Mick was the man, as history suggested, unlike Hurst.

But I thought everyone wanted Mick out.

I think we are all much more confident that Lamberts team can spot a raw diamond and develop him than Hurst and his sidekicks.
Lambert on 08:25 - Nov 2 with 3754 viewsSteve_M

Lambert on 08:06 - Nov 2 by hype313

This is obviously a contentious point as I've read otherwise, however I'm no more in the know than anyone, and to be fair even if we did offer him a new contract whilst upping his wages would it have been as much as Derby's? I very much doubt so, as I say can't blame him for cashing in.

I think it is quite clear that, regardless of anything else, Hurst saw Waghorn going as an opportunity to spend some money. That was his choice but it was foolish not to try and persuade Waghorn to stay.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lambert on 08:32 - Nov 2 with 3726 viewshype313

Lambert on 08:25 - Nov 2 by Steve_M

I think it is quite clear that, regardless of anything else, Hurst saw Waghorn going as an opportunity to spend some money. That was his choice but it was foolish not to try and persuade Waghorn to stay.

Totally agree, and if he didn't even try to persuade him to stay, then that's a shocking piece of management.

Lambert on 08:38 - Nov 2 with 3688 viewsm14_blue

That's really simplistic.

We signed Mings for 10k, why couldn't we just go out and sign a like for like?

For every bargain we got, there are plenty who failed.

There are lots of things to blame PH for but not being able to get a striker of Waghorn's quality on the cheap isn't one of them.
Lambert on 08:51 - Nov 2 with 3629 viewsxrayspecs

Hurst made the transfer decisions, in and out, not Evans.
Lambert on 09:13 - Nov 2 with 3549 viewsJimmyJazz

Lambert on 08:32 - Nov 2 by hype313

Totally agree, and if he didn't even try to persuade him to stay, then that's a shocking piece of management.

Add to the fact he didn't even start him for the last few games (including pre-season). Talk about showing someone the door and hoping he takes the hint

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Lambert on 09:44 - Nov 2 with 3479 viewsdissboy2

Lambert on 09:13 - Nov 2 by JimmyJazz

Add to the fact he didn't even start him for the last few games (including pre-season). Talk about showing someone the door and hoping he takes the hint

in a nutshell exactly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024