Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curtis Tilt 07:24 - Aug 8 with 4611 viewsHackneyblueboy

All gone a bit quiet on that front. Deal dead now we are signing Nsiala?
Curtis Tilt on 07:36 - Aug 8 with 4544 viewsSWGF

We've got to be after another CB given we've lost Smith, Webster and CCV since January, haven't we?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Curtis Tilt on 07:43 - Aug 8 with 4465 viewsMullet

Curtis Tilt on 07:36 - Aug 8 by SWGF

We've got to be after another CB given we've lost Smith, Webster and CCV since January, haven't we?

Plus he doesn't fancy Spence there (rightly IMO) and probably won't use Emmanuel either to push Donacien over again you'd have thought.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Curtis Tilt on 07:44 - Aug 8 with 4441 viewsSamWhiteUK

Curtis Tilt on 07:43 - Aug 8 by Mullet

Plus he doesn't fancy Spence there (rightly IMO) and probably won't use Emmanuel either to push Donacien over again you'd have thought.

If he fancies Spence anywhere I'll be surprised
Curtis Tilt on 07:45 - Aug 8 with 4424 viewsMetal_Hacker

Thinking now unfortunately it’s going to be a Premiership loan and we’ll perhaps go back in for Tilt in January

Poll: If it were one or the other

Curtis Tilt on 07:55 - Aug 8 with 4316 viewshoppy

I wonder if Phil can (g)lean any more information...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Curtis Tilt on 08:11 - Aug 8 with 4197 viewsSWGF

Curtis Tilt on 07:43 - Aug 8 by Mullet

If PH doesn't fancy Spence there then I certainly don't fancy Donacien there, from what I saw on Saturday!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Curtis Tilt on 08:21 - Aug 8 with 4092 viewsHerbivore

Curtis Tilt on 07:36 - Aug 8 by SWGF

CCV was Smith's replacement so the reality is we've lost two bodies at CB this year. We're signing Nsiala, we've signed Donacien who can play there, and we've had Woolfenden break through to establish himself as capable cover. I'm not fussed if we get Tilt, we can come back in for him in January or next summer at which point we might be needing to think about a long term replacement for Chambers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Curtis Tilt on 08:27 - Aug 8 with 4047 viewsitfcjoe

Curtis Tilt on 08:21 - Aug 8 by Herbivore

CCV was Smith's replacement so the reality is we've lost two bodies at CB this year. We're signing Nsiala, we've signed Donacien who can play there, and we've had Woolfenden break through to establish himself as capable cover. I'm not fussed if we get Tilt, we can come back in for him in January or next summer at which point we might be needing to think about a long term replacement for Chambers.

Donacien hasn't played there for 2 seasons.

If we don't get Tilt, there is no way we don't get someone else, or a loanee once window opens.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Curtis Tilt on 08:30 - Aug 8 with 3991 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Curtis Tilt on 07:45 - Aug 8 by Metal_Hacker

Thinking now unfortunately it’s going to be a Premiership loan and we’ll perhaps go back in for Tilt in January

We could agree a fee for Tilt after tomorrow, take him on loan until Jan and make perm then.

Indeed the loan to perm options, means the additional centre back doesn’t need to be a premier loanee. Having said this if we don’t get Tilt, would have CCV back in an instant.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Curtis Tilt on 08:31 - Aug 8 with 3974 viewsWickets

Curtis Tilt on 08:11 - Aug 8 by SWGF

If PH doesn't fancy Spence there then I certainly don't fancy Donacien there, from what I saw on Saturday!

Dont disagree with anything you have said but perhaps we need to factor in New club ,higher league, not prefered postition , maybe he will come good at right back then be more confident if he has to play central. But the point that we are still short at centre defence is correct i think.
Curtis Tilt on 08:32 - Aug 8 with 3962 viewsHerbivore

Curtis Tilt on 08:27 - Aug 8 by itfcjoe

If we don't get Tilt, there is no way we don't get someone else, or a loanee once window opens.

EADT seemed to think he played there a lot last season even though Hurst sees him as a right back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Curtis Tilt on 08:34 - Aug 8 with 3943 viewsVic

Curtis Tilt on 08:27 - Aug 8 by itfcjoe

Are you sure? I’m happy to accept you see more of them than me Joe, but with kNudsen and Chalobah also being capable stop gaps in centre defence I don’t think it’s the end of the world if we don’t get one immediately. Ramther than spend all the kitty and leave little/nothing for January Id be happy for us to stick with what we have (given we sign the Shrews lads and Jackson) see how things pan out until Christmas; then if necessary invest to plug the gaps that have appeared.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Curtis Tilt on 08:44 - Aug 8 with 3854 viewsconnorscontract

Curtis Tilt on 07:55 - Aug 8 by hoppy

I wonder if Phil can (g)lean any more information...

I'm sure he'll find his own angle on the story.
Curtis Tilt on 08:53 - Aug 8 with 3777 viewsMullet

Curtis Tilt on 08:11 - Aug 8 by SWGF

Well, it wasn't a debut to savour was it? Perhaps coming a few days too soon. I'm excited for Rotherham, because we could have half a new team and we might be able to take the positivity of the come back and really go at them.

Hurst surely won't need any motivation to beat them after all. I'm not writing anyone off yet, but I think this month will be a steep curve and show up why this recruitment policy isn't perfect.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Curtis Tilt on 08:56 - Aug 8 with 3753 viewsVic

Curtis Tilt on 08:44 - Aug 8 by connorscontract

I think he needs a cover story just in case.

Curtis Tilt on 09:08 - Aug 8 with 3696 viewsconnorscontract

Curtis Tilt on 08:56 - Aug 8 by Vic

I think he needs a cover story just in case.

That's not a Tilt/lean pun, Vic.

You could have gone with "He's no pushover".
Curtis Tilt on 09:13 - Aug 8 with 3662 viewsVic

Curtis Tilt on 09:08 - Aug 8 by connorscontract

That's not a Tilt/lean pun, Vic.

You could have gone with "He's no pushover".

Have you never used a ‘tilt’ - a kind of canvas, tarpaulin cover that you erect at an angle to give protection from rain or sun?

Oh never mind - it never works when you have to explain!!!

Curtis Tilt on 09:34 - Aug 8 with 3580 viewsitfcjoe

Curtis Tilt on 08:32 - Aug 8 by Herbivore

EADT seemed to think he played there a lot last season even though Hurst sees him as a right back.

Transfermarkt seems to think at Accrington he was used in either full back role, and 2 games out of 89 at CB

Curtis Tilt on 09:35 - Aug 8 with 3553 viewsitfcjoe

Curtis Tilt on 08:34 - Aug 8 by Vic

Are you sure? I’m happy to accept you see more of them than me Joe, but with kNudsen and Chalobah also being capable stop gaps in centre defence I don’t think it’s the end of the world if we don’t get one immediately. Ramther than spend all the kitty and leave little/nothing for January Id be happy for us to stick with what we have (given we sign the Shrews lads and Jackson) see how things pan out until Christmas; then if necessary invest to plug the gaps that have appeared.

I think you need a solid 3rd choice CB - especially with Chambers now 32 - having to put players out of their favoured position there, especially in a 2 rather than 3 is asking for trouble

Curtis Tilt on 09:49 - Aug 8 with 3467 viewssuffolkpoker

This is happening on the 11th hour on #TransferDeadLineDay.

He will drive him self to playford role in the hope to force the deal through...

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Curtis Tilt on 09:56 - Aug 8 with 3419 viewsBrixtonBlue

Curtis Tilt on 08:44 - Aug 8 by connorscontract

That would be my inclination.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Curtis Tilt on 14:53 - Aug 8 with 3195 viewshoppy

Curtis Tilt on 09:56 - Aug 8 by BrixtonBlue

That would be my inclination.

If he does sign, do you think hill start?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Curtis Tilt on 15:18 - Aug 8 with 3025 viewsBrixtonBlue

Curtis Tilt on 14:53 - Aug 8 by hoppy

I imagine he'll be on the list.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Curtis Tilt on 15:20 - Aug 8 with 2998 viewshype313

Curtis Tilt on 14:53 - Aug 8 by hoppy

I imagine of he does sign, people will be falling over themselves.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024