Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chalobah 12:30 - Jun 25 with 3032 viewsHerbivore

So where do we think Hurst will play him? I suspect he's got him earmarked to play given the effort he's made to bring him in as his first signing. I can't see him dislodging Webster and Chambo at the back so he could be in as a right back maybe. However, I've got a sneaky feeling he might be earmarked for the role Godfrey played for him last season shielding the back 4.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chalobah on 12:46 - Jun 25 with 2947 viewsmaccyd9

Was pondering this earlier. He might be taking a more casual approach to it.

Let's say Chelsea want him to play a set number of games then Hurst knows that accross the centre back, right back and centre mid (holding role) he will get that.

It's hard to see Webster staying fit, Chalobah not being more effective than Spence or Skuse not needing a rest over 46 games.

My only issue with the midfield role is how many we have. In Dozzell, Skuse, Huwys, Bishop, Downes, Nydam, Chalobah, Adeyemi, Ward we are overloaded in midfield.
Chalobah on 12:46 - Jun 25 with 2942 viewsTheDailyTractor

Either in a back 3 with Chambers and Webster or just in front of the back 4. Not sure where it will leave Skuse though and I highly doubt Chalobah will be going anywhere to sit on the bench.
on 12:49 - Jun 25 with 2917 views_

Chalobah on 12:46 - Jun 25 by maccyd9

Let's say Chelsea want him to play a set number of games then Hurst knows that accross the centre back, right back and centre mid (holding role) he will get that.

It's hard to see Webster staying fit, Chalobah not being more effective than Spence or Skuse not needing a rest over 46 games.

My only issue with the midfield role is how many we have. In Dozzell, Skuse, Huwys, Bishop, Downes, Nydam, Chalobah, Adeyemi, Ward we are overloaded in midfield.

Chalobah on 12:54 - Jun 25 with 2874 viewsmaccyd9

on 12:49 - Jun 25 by _

It reminds me a bit of the Maitland-Niles signing. Young, versatile without appearing to have nailed down a position.

Given some of the reports I've read this morning, there is every reason to think this could be an inspired signing.
Chalobah on 13:00 - Jun 25 with 2837 viewsgoat_man

I suspect he's here to replace Skuse, whos lack of mobility prevents him from doing that role to a consistent enough level to be effective. Sounds like this guy is also as comfortable as Skuse on the ball and therefore a better bet in that position.
Chalobah on 13:08 - Jun 25 with 2797 viewsfactual_blue

I think he'll play him at Portman Road.

And possibly some other grounds as well.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Chalobah on 13:10 - Jun 25 with 2790 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think a lot of people are expecting Chambers to walk into this team. I'm not so sure

Hurst likes players who are good with the ball at their feet. They are calm, don't panic and don't look for the 'way out' option.

I see a bit of bench time for Chambo this season and an end of his time at town at the end of the year.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Chalobah on 13:10 - Jun 25 with 2795 viewsitfcjoe

Chalobah on 12:54 - Jun 25 by maccyd9

It reminds me a bit of the Maitland-Niles signing. Young, versatile without appearing to have nailed down a position.

Given some of the reports I've read this morning, there is every reason to think this could be an inspired signing.

He is a serious prospect, will be a good player for us and even if he is first reserve at CB, RB and DM he’ll get plenty of games and the opportunity to nail a starting spot.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Chalobah on 13:38 - Jun 25 with 2671 viewsnshearman1

Chalobah on 13:10 - Jun 25 by FrimleyBlue

I think a lot of people are expecting Chambers to walk into this team. I'm not so sure

Hurst likes players who are good with the ball at their feet. They are calm, don't panic and don't look for the 'way out' option.

I see a bit of bench time for Chambo this season and an end of his time at town at the end of the year.

It's all very interesting. Apart from Chalobah he's apparently been looking at one other CH and a full-back too. It suggests he's spotted that our defence simply hasn't been good enough under Mick (in spite of Mick's defensive reputation) and the same players for the past 2 seasons. Hurst will have analysed the stats and looked at the goals we've conceded - poor. And Hurst's made it clear he's going to freshen up. So I think Chambers' days may well be numbered, and Knudsen's too. It could be a very new-look team by the end of August.
Chalobah on 13:44 - Jun 25 with 2643 viewsitfcjoe

Chalobah on 13:38 - Jun 25 by nshearman1

It's all very interesting. Apart from Chalobah he's apparently been looking at one other CH and a full-back too. It suggests he's spotted that our defence simply hasn't been good enough under Mick (in spite of Mick's defensive reputation) and the same players for the past 2 seasons. Hurst will have analysed the stats and looked at the goals we've conceded - poor. And Hurst's made it clear he's going to freshen up. So I think Chambers' days may well be numbered, and Knudsen's too. It could be a very new-look team by the end of August.

I think Knudsen will be off, but not because Hurst wants rid but that he and the club will cash in on his enhanced reputation.

But surely Hurst is targeting defenders mainly because we don’t have any - Spence, Webster and Chambers are only 3 with a decent season at this level under their belt (if you leave Knudsen aside) and are backed up by unproven players like Cotter, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Woolfenden etc

I think those wanting to see Chsmbers dropped will be disappointed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chalobah on 13:51 - Jun 25 with 2573 viewstheblueginger

Chalobah on 13:10 - Jun 25 by FrimleyBlue

I'm not so sure Hurst will be looking to get rid of our Captain given the already young squad we have, and the fact Chambo was our most consistent defender last season by quite a margin, at least till CCV arrived.

PH also played Matt Sadler as the veteran CB with instructions to put the ball in row Z last season, and had his current assistant at the back for Grimsby.
Chalobah on 14:03 - Jun 25 with 2545 viewscrazyblue68

He will spend more time on the bench than playing. He isnt going to be a regular. If we want young players playing regular, why not our own? Why blood other clubs kids?
Chalobah on 14:05 - Jun 25 with 2524 viewsSpruceMoose

Chalobah on 14:03 - Jun 25 by crazyblue68

He will spend more time on the bench than playing. He isnt going to be a regular. If we want young players playing regular, why not our own? Why blood other clubs kids?

Perhaps the thought is that he's better than what we have? Maybe he'll help us this season? Maybe it'll help us develop links with Chelsea? If, as you say, he's not going to be a regular then what is the issue?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Chalobah on 17:38 - Jun 25 with 2315 viewsFurrow

If it was MM He'd play him as centre forward.
on 17:39 - Jun 25 with 2313 views_

Chalobah on 17:38 - Jun 25 by Furrow

If it was MM He'd play him as centre forward.

Chalobah on 17:47 - Jun 25 with 2290 viewsbournemouthblue

Chalobah on 12:46 - Jun 25 by maccyd9

Although there are plenty of sicknotes in there showing that that is about the number we need to get through a season

A very scary thought!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024