Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this taking your faith too far? 15:40 - Jun 1 with 2511 viewsgtsb

To give up something that you've always dreamed of doing because of religion seems a little too extreme imho especially in this day and age and for her reason given. She might regret that when she's an old lady.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44315031
Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:44 - Jun 1 with 2468 viewswkj

Religion is a funny ol game; and in America, particularly the Midwest and south, there seems no limits to what sacrifices... and despicable things.. people will do in he name.of Jesus
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 15:46]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:44 - Jun 1 with 2464 viewsSpruceMoose

Fook her.

Sounds pretty backwards to be honest. If you want to give up your dream for the imaginary sky fairy then feel free. Enjoy working in Walmart.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:45 - Jun 1 with 2465 viewsMullet

Linvoy Primus refused to play/compete on Sundays as did Jonathan Edwards. Loads of religious athletes and sportspeople have put God before their careers to some extent.

While her stance is incredibly backward and goes against Jesus' teachings, that's her prerogative. I'd say at least she's being consistent with her version of faith and ideals and that's better than the tens of public figures who use it as a sword and shield to further themselves.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:46 - Jun 1 with 2448 viewsfooters

If you actually believe in the reality of eternal damnation, not sure a few games of footy would matter much to you.

Of course most aren't silly enough to believe it. It could even be a metaphor, but nooo, there is an actual place called hell.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:47 - Jun 1 with 2432 viewsSpruceMoose

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:46 - Jun 1 by footers

If you actually believe in the reality of eternal damnation, not sure a few games of footy would matter much to you.

Of course most aren't silly enough to believe it. It could even be a metaphor, but nooo, there is an actual place called hell.

Dat Medieval state of mind tho...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:51 - Jun 1 with 2403 viewsgtsb

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:44 - Jun 1 by wkj

Religion is a funny ol game; and in America, particularly the Midwest and south, there seems no limits to what sacrifices... and despicable things.. people will do in he name.of Jesus
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 15:46]

Are there no gay preachers in America?
Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:55 - Jun 1 with 2388 viewsSpruceMoose

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:51 - Jun 1 by gtsb

Are there no gay preachers in America?

Oh, I'm sure there are. But they can justify any of their own behaviours and actions just fine, if they really put their mind to it. What's good for the goose is not always good for the gander though.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/30/us/jesse-duplantis-plane-falcon-7x-prosperity-gos
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 15:56]

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:55 - Jun 1 with 2387 viewstractordownsouth

Being a homophobe means you are taking your faith too far, regardless of the career consequences.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:56 - Jun 1 with 2368 viewsfooters

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:47 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

Dat Medieval state of mind tho...

I'm a recovering Catholic. Should explain my thinking here.

It's hard to be consistent on 15:59 - Jun 1 with 2352 viewstcblue

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:45 - Jun 1 by Mullet

Linvoy Primus refused to play/compete on Sundays as did Jonathan Edwards. Loads of religious athletes and sportspeople have put God before their careers to some extent.

While her stance is incredibly backward and goes against Jesus' teachings, that's her prerogative. I'd say at least she's being consistent with her version of faith and ideals and that's better than the tens of public figures who use it as a sword and shield to further themselves.

Timothy 2:9 reads:

“Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments.”

Leviticus 19:28 states: Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JaeHinkle_15/status/886636961359839232
It's hard to be consistent on 16:01 - Jun 1 with 2339 viewsSpruceMoose

It's hard to be consistent on 15:59 - Jun 1 by tcblue

“Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments.”

Leviticus 19:28 states: Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

It's almost like she is picking and choosing which parts to believe... I'm not sure God would approve.

It's hard to be consistent on 16:07 - Jun 1 with 2321 viewsMullet

It's hard to be consistent on 15:59 - Jun 1 by tcblue

In fairness Leviticus is Old Testament and so Jesus did away with it essentially, so she's really only digging herself out with all this selectiveness.

But it does have all those rules and the lovely sentiment about homosexuality be abominable etc. which makes me wonder why Christians hold on to that part of it but not the rest, when they were told specifically in the gospels.

It's hard to be consistent on 16:11 - Jun 1 with 2296 viewsfooters

It's hard to be consistent on 16:07 - Jun 1 by Mullet

In fairness Leviticus is Old Testament and so Jesus did away with it essentially, so she's really only digging herself out with all this selectiveness.

But it does have all those rules and the lovely sentiment about homosexuality be abominable etc. which makes me wonder why Christians hold on to that part of it but not the rest, when they were told specifically in the gospels.

It was bloody Paul. Christianity wouldn't be half as bad if it weren't for that cock-blocking, woman-hating arse.

It's hard to be consistent on 16:16 - Jun 1 with 2282 viewstcblue

It's hard to be consistent on 16:07 - Jun 1 by Mullet

The quote on the tweet is from Psalms, soooo
Is this taking your faith too far? on 16:35 - Jun 1 with 2247 viewsfactual_blue

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:56 - Jun 1 by footers

I'm a recovering Catholic. Should explain my thinking here.

'When I realised there was a lightning conductor on the local church, I started to question my faith'

Ed Byrne

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is this taking your faith too far? on 16:48 - Jun 1 with 2223 viewsJ2BLUE

I find your question an odd one to be honest. I find it an odd concept that people are expected to be religious until they need to not be quite so religious in order to achieve their goals.

That kind of pick and mix religion really gets on my nerves.

I'm an atheist and do not agree with her views but I very much doubt she will ever regret them as long as she remains religious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's hard to be consistent on 17:15 - Jun 1 with 2185 viewsMullet

It's hard to be consistent on 16:16 - Jun 1 by tcblue

The quote on the tweet is from Psalms, soooo

I know, I was talking about the common predilection for filleting Leviticus, although unless it's misattributed in your post and that quote is Psalms?

Either way she needs a bit of GCSE level "love thy neighbour" training, as do many Christians in the States.

Is this taking your faith too far? on 19:37 - Jun 1 with 2093 viewssolemio

Is this taking your faith too far? on 15:45 - Jun 1 by Mullet

In the second half of his career Jonathan Edwards competed on Sundays when necessary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024