Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... 21:59 - Feb 28 with 4554 viewsitfcjoe

Bialkowski - 7.75
Spence - 7.16
Knudsen - 6.74
Waghorn 6.71
Celina - 6.58
Garner - 6.53
Connolly - 6.52
Skuse 6.43
Chambers - 6.27
McGoldrick - 6.25
Ward - 5.96
Webster - 5.80
Iorfa - 5.08
Sears - 4.79

Surprised to see Spence so high, and Webster so low.

If you were voting for player of the year, excluding Bart, who would you pick?

For me, it would be Waggy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 22:04 - Feb 28 with 3112 viewsStNeotsBlue

I'd probably give the nod to Waghorn as well, but could also make a case for Knudsen who has really improved this season, I think he did particularly well when playing at CB.
TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 22:06 - Feb 28 with 3107 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I’d probably consider Connolly, but on the basis that it should be a permanent player then Waghorn for me too

The ratings on here are a joke though - one only needs to look at Bialkowski’s rating for the past couple of games to know that

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 22:07 - Feb 28 with 3102 viewsDennyx4

Spence seems to get high marks every week. I noticed on Saturday he was our best rated defender, albeit he was only on the pitch for 90 seconds and the other 5 had kept a clean sheet.

Knudsen or Waghorn are the only other real options for me.
Knudsen. (n/t) on 22:22 - Feb 28 with 3078 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 22:35 - Feb 28 with 3050 viewsLankHenners

Genuinely surprised Bart's below an 8 given he's often that minimum most weeks according to the barmy lot who vote on the ratings on here.

Knudsen was the unsung hero when Waghorn was in free scoring mode and now everything's gone a bit flat he's remained a very consistent performer so I'd go for him. I'd be surprised if Waghorn or Bart didn't win the actual fan's POTY award.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 08:43 - Mar 1 with 2905 viewsitfcjoe

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 22:04 - Feb 28 by StNeotsBlue

I'd probably give the nod to Waghorn as well, but could also make a case for Knudsen who has really improved this season, I think he did particularly well when playing at CB.

Yeah Knudsen has done well, he’d be a close second for me - but no one has scored more goals than Waghorn, or got more assists so hard to look past that
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 8:59]

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 08:45 - Mar 1 with 2901 viewsKieran_Knows

Waghorn or Knudsen for me.

Would be an embarrassment that a keeper wins it 3 years on the trot, IMHO.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:02 - Mar 1 with 2866 viewsSteve_M

Certainly Waghorn until December, maybe Knudsen since.

I think Skuse has been consistently good too and, with Connolly to cover, has shown more of his game than previously. McGoldrick was very good too until Loovens tried gender-reassignment on him.

I don't actually see Bart as an absolute stand-out player this year, he's just been very good but not so far above anyone else this year.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:12 - Mar 1 with 2856 viewsReuser_is_God

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:02 - Mar 1 by Steve_M

Certainly Waghorn until December, maybe Knudsen since.

I think Skuse has been consistently good too and, with Connolly to cover, has shown more of his game than previously. McGoldrick was very good too until Loovens tried gender-reassignment on him.

I don't actually see Bart as an absolute stand-out player this year, he's just been very good but not so far above anyone else this year.

I know Waghorn’s goals have dried up but the general consensus is that he has still played well, despite the drought?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:18 - Mar 1 with 2847 viewsSomethingBlue

Knudsen for me. Bart's rating is massively skewed there, he's great but there've been games where he's had nothing to do — and where we've offered little ourselves — where he's been voted MOM effectively to make a point.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:19 - Mar 1 with 2844 viewsSteve_M

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:12 - Mar 1 by Reuser_is_God

I know Waghorn’s goals have dried up but the general consensus is that he has still played well, despite the drought?

A bit below the same sharpness I think, corners haven't been as good either. He had a better game against Norwich though. Think a goal would do him a lot of good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:20 - Mar 1 with 2841 viewsSomethingBlue

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:12 - Mar 1 by Reuser_is_God

This is a tangent but I am fairly sure that, if we are to do anything next year, then whoever is in charge we will need new forwards. Waghorn has done well but overperformed early on and I think will settle down as a decent squad option who can lay a goal on and score one but not consistently enough.

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:23 - Mar 1 with 2827 viewsReuser_is_God

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:20 - Mar 1 by SomethingBlue

This is a tangent but I am fairly sure that, if we are to do anything next year, then whoever is in charge we will need new forwards. Waghorn has done well but overperformed early on and I think will settle down as a decent squad option who can lay a goal on and score one but not consistently enough.

McG & Sears out & another couple coming in?

The thing is though with our budget it’s going to be very difficult to get a couple of strikers who will score more than Waghorn & Garner.

Evans out

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:25 - Mar 1 with 2820 viewsReuser_is_God

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:19 - Mar 1 by Steve_M

A bit below the same sharpness I think, corners haven't been as good either. He had a better game against Norwich though. Think a goal would do him a lot of good.

Listening to Blue Monday Pod recently & Ben makes a great point re Waghorns corners.

Something along the lines of a lot will fail to beat the first man purely because he ains for the near post & puts a lot of pace on them. However when they do beat the first man theee incredibly difficult to defend.

Evans out

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:30 - Mar 1 with 2806 viewsKieran_Knows

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:23 - Mar 1 by Reuser_is_God

The thing is though with our budget it’s going to be very difficult to get a couple of strikers who will score more than Waghorn & Garner.

Let's just say Mick does leave, and a more 'forward thinking' manager does come in, I very much doubt Garner would be here next season either.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:38 - Mar 1 with 2791 viewsReuser_is_God

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:30 - Mar 1 by Kieran_Knows

Let's just say Mick does leave, and a more 'forward thinking' manager does come in, I very much doubt Garner would be here next season either.

Why not?

Evans out

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:54 - Mar 1 with 2769 viewsSomethingBlue

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:23 - Mar 1 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, I know — I just don't think they are better than backups in a team that really has a shot at the top six.

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:59 - Mar 1 with 2756 viewsReuser_is_God

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:54 - Mar 1 by SomethingBlue

Yeah, I know — I just don't think they are better than backups in a team that really has a shot at the top six.

Possibly but with our budget we won’t be signing anyone that is.

McG, Waghorn, Celina & Garner have all scored a decent amount of goals this season.

Evans out

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:59 - Mar 1 with 2755 viewsMullet

Shows how meaningless they are to be honest.

Bart as good as he is get's 9's and 10's for showing up. Spence doesn't deserve to be anywhere near there given he's so inconsistent and missed a load of games with his ban. He and Iorfa are far closer than people care to admit, especially of late.

Waghorn for me has been up there with Skuse in terms of consistency. Either of those would be worthy contenders. If we'd have had CCV all season he'd be outshining many of the squad IMO.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:31 - Mar 1 with 2723 viewsitfcjoe

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:20 - Mar 1 by SomethingBlue

I don't think that's the case re Waghorn personally - think he's got the ability to score a good number of goals in this division and should be a nailed on starter if the system is right.

He's played a hell of a lot of games wide right, and a number behind the striker and still got a good return - and was excellent in Garner's absence when playing properly up top.

I do like Garner, but sometimes think he detrimentally affects too many of our attacks in games we want to be on top in - he's better in the games when we struggle

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:32 - Mar 1 with 2721 viewsitfcjoe

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 09:25 - Mar 1 by Reuser_is_God

Listening to Blue Monday Pod recently & Ben makes a great point re Waghorns corners.

Something along the lines of a lot will fail to beat the first man purely because he ains for the near post & puts a lot of pace on them. However when they do beat the first man theee incredibly difficult to defend.

I've said this for a while, his set pieces are either perfect or sh*t - there is very little middle ground due to how he takes them. It can be frustrating but we've scored more set piece goals this season than we have since 14/15 when Smith and Berra got a load I'd guess

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:36 - Mar 1 with 2712 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:32 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

I've said this for a while, his set pieces are either perfect or sh*t - there is very little middle ground due to how he takes them. It can be frustrating but we've scored more set piece goals this season than we have since 14/15 when Smith and Berra got a load I'd guess

Not sure it’s a huge surprise for a good set piece taker tbh

People get frustrated when corners hit the first man and act like a professional player should be able to put a set piece in a particular area every time. But that completely ignores the fact they’re trying to do it with pace, swerve and the ball dipping at the right point. Waghorn seems to get that right more than most we’ve had in recent times

It’s up there with ‘why can’t a professional player play 2 games in a week’ in the simpleton stakes

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:38 - Mar 1 with 2703 viewsReuser_is_God

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:36 - Mar 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

People get frustrated when corners hit the first man and act like a professional player should be able to put a set piece in a particular area every time. But that completely ignores the fact they’re trying to do it with pace, swerve and the ball dipping at the right point. Waghorn seems to get that right more than most we’ve had in recent times

It’s up there with ‘why can’t a professional player play 2 games in a week’ in the simpleton stakes

How easy is it to defend a corner that has the trajectory to make the near post also?

Evans out

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:40 - Mar 1 with 2693 viewsMullet

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:36 - Mar 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

24/7 highlight culture and too much video games innit.

See also booing when a kick shanks into touch or a defender, er defends and gets the ball etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:40 - Mar 1 with 2694 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

TWTD Player Ratings - Minimum 10 league starts... on 10:38 - Mar 1 by Reuser_is_God

How easy is it to defend a corner that has the trajectory to make the near post also?

Not sure I understand the question, but:

Corner that hits the first man - easy to defend

Corner that just beats the first man, but drops at pace into the area between the front post/first half of the goal, around the 6 yard box - very difficult

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024