Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL Divisional Weekend 09:16 - Jan 15 with 9141 viewsitfcjoe

Just Wow

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What happened Joe.. on 09:18 - Jan 15 with 7116 viewsunstableblue

... talk us through it.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What happened Joe.. on 09:23 - Jan 15 with 7104 viewsBlueBadger

What happened Joe.. on 09:18 - Jan 15 by unstableblue

... talk us through it.

The adverts were all new.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

NFL Divisional Weekend on 09:39 - Jan 15 with 7090 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Embarrassing ending for the Saints last night, bet you were very pleased though

Glad I stayed up to watch, even if I’m feeling somewhat bitter at the outcome!

That home Superbowl is looming ever closer. Do you think there’s any chance Zimmer makes a big call and starts Bradford?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

NFL Divisional Weekend on 10:28 - Jan 15 with 7041 viewsitfcjoe

NFL Divisional Weekend on 09:39 - Jan 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Embarrassing ending for the Saints last night, bet you were very pleased though

Glad I stayed up to watch, even if I’m feeling somewhat bitter at the outcome!

That home Superbowl is looming ever closer. Do you think there’s any chance Zimmer makes a big call and starts Bradford?

Unbelievable ending, I was so sure it was over but great awareness from Diggs to stay in bounds rather than just hit the sideline. The safety did a terrible job, can see what he was trying to do - not go in too early to risk a flag and try to stop him hitting the sideline but looks like he overthought it!

Thought we'd blown it, Brees was absolutely phenomenal in the 2nd half after not doing anything in the first - the 2 TD passes over good coverage were ridiculous. And that completion on 4th and 10 was an absolutely hammer blow.

I don't think any chance of Bradford starting, I thought Keenum had a decent game, the interception aside where to me it looked like he was trying to throw it out of bounds - but he led 2 drives at the end to get us in FG position for both bar the poor play on the ball by Williams. I don't think I could have handled Forbath kicking to win the game as the clock expired.

NFL Divisional Weekend on 11:13 - Jan 15 with 7013 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As I said on twitter, when NFL is good, it’s great.

Amazing finish

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

NFL Divisional Weekend on 11:16 - Jan 15 with 7011 viewsJ2BLUE

Last couple of seasons I haven't really got into but i've discovered a little #yourodds bet goes great with NFL. Really enjoyed the Falcons and Jags games. I watched the first half of the Saints game. First time i've seen Vikings this season. Really impressive start. I think the early payout if your team goes 14 points up markets are made for Pats vs Vikings. Really hope that is the game we get.

Edit: Couldn't believe the onside kick. I understand the arguments for it but much better to trust their defence IMO.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 11:18]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

NFL Divisional Weekend on 12:52 - Jan 15 with 6954 viewsTractorCam

Despite my Steelers being 2nd seed in the AFC, I never really felt that was a true reflection which showed in that game as the Jags completely outclassed us, hope they go on to beat the Pats now!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

NFL Divisional Weekend on 13:33 - Jan 15 with 6919 viewsphillymark

Philly is going nuts. If Wentz were playing we would be the odds on favourite to win it all. I think we can beat the Vikes - if you look at the Vikes on the road and outdoors, they have only been ok. The atmosphere at the Linc will be off the charts. I think it will be a close game. The Eagles defense is really good. Doesn't have the household names of other defenses but they are excellent. They can get pressure just rushing 4 which is huge. Obviously this is the strength of the Vikings too. What worries me is that the Eagles won by establishing a solid running game against the Falcons - can they do that against the Vikings. The Vikings should be worrying the same though.

Also the idea that QBs win championships took a dent - Foles, Keenum and Bortles just beat Ryan, Brees and Roethlisberger

This is what it comes down to in the NFL

NFL top defenses, by points allowed
1. Vikings
2. Jaguars
3. (Chargers)
4. Eagles
5. Patriots

Defenses win championships (Brady helps....a lot)

If Wentz is fully back next year, the Eagles will be scary good - they get to add Sydney Jones at corner too
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 13:39]
Login to get fewer ads

NFL Divisional Weekend on 13:34 - Jan 15 with 6917 viewsDBaldy

NFL Divisional Weekend on 10:28 - Jan 15 by itfcjoe

Unbelievable ending, I was so sure it was over but great awareness from Diggs to stay in bounds rather than just hit the sideline. The safety did a terrible job, can see what he was trying to do - not go in too early to risk a flag and try to stop him hitting the sideline but looks like he overthought it!

Thought we'd blown it, Brees was absolutely phenomenal in the 2nd half after not doing anything in the first - the 2 TD passes over good coverage were ridiculous. And that completion on 4th and 10 was an absolutely hammer blow.

I don't think any chance of Bradford starting, I thought Keenum had a decent game, the interception aside where to me it looked like he was trying to throw it out of bounds - but he led 2 drives at the end to get us in FG position for both bar the poor play on the ball by Williams. I don't think I could have handled Forbath kicking to win the game as the clock expired.

I'm a huge Saints fan so am absolutely gutted we lost after clawing our way back into it.

At halftime I thought we were pretty much done, but taking the lead with 25 seconds left only to lose on the final play like that is an absolute kick to the knackers.

I think the Vikings are the one team left who could beat the Patriots, but after last night I don't think I'd be able to root for them!
NFL Divisional Weekend on 14:07 - Jan 15 with 6887 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The thought of Blake Bortles as a super bowl winner is even more unbelievable than Wes Morgan being a premier league winning captain.
NFL Divisional Weekend on 17:33 - Jan 15 with 6815 viewschristiand

New England Patriots have got this in the bag again! I don't know if it is because they are that good or the fact that other teams just have not stepped up to the mark to match them? It's getting a little boring seeing them at the very least get to the AFC Championship game for the last seven years - I've just re-read that, I sound a bitter Dallas Cowboys fan!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

NFL Divisional Weekend on 17:35 - Jan 15 with 6811 viewsunbelievablue

NFL Divisional Weekend on 17:33 - Jan 15 by christiand

New England Patriots have got this in the bag again! I don't know if it is because they are that good or the fact that other teams just have not stepped up to the mark to match them? It's getting a little boring seeing them at the very least get to the AFC Championship game for the last seven years - I've just re-read that, I sound a bitter Dallas Cowboys fan!

They've not been that good this season relative to other years and they're still there.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

NFL Divisional Weekend on 00:09 - Jan 16 with 6732 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL Divisional Weekend on 13:33 - Jan 15 by phillymark

Philly is going nuts. If Wentz were playing we would be the odds on favourite to win it all. I think we can beat the Vikes - if you look at the Vikes on the road and outdoors, they have only been ok. The atmosphere at the Linc will be off the charts. I think it will be a close game. The Eagles defense is really good. Doesn't have the household names of other defenses but they are excellent. They can get pressure just rushing 4 which is huge. Obviously this is the strength of the Vikings too. What worries me is that the Eagles won by establishing a solid running game against the Falcons - can they do that against the Vikings. The Vikings should be worrying the same though.

Also the idea that QBs win championships took a dent - Foles, Keenum and Bortles just beat Ryan, Brees and Roethlisberger

This is what it comes down to in the NFL

NFL top defenses, by points allowed
1. Vikings
2. Jaguars
3. (Chargers)
4. Eagles
5. Patriots

Defenses win championships (Brady helps....a lot)

If Wentz is fully back next year, the Eagles will be scary good - they get to add Sydney Jones at corner too
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 13:39]

This is the week Philly's luck runs out. Foles sucks
NFL Divisional Weekend on 00:12 - Jan 16 with 6730 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL Divisional Weekend on 11:16 - Jan 15 by J2BLUE

Last couple of seasons I haven't really got into but i've discovered a little #yourodds bet goes great with NFL. Really enjoyed the Falcons and Jags games. I watched the first half of the Saints game. First time i've seen Vikings this season. Really impressive start. I think the early payout if your team goes 14 points up markets are made for Pats vs Vikings. Really hope that is the game we get.

Edit: Couldn't believe the onside kick. I understand the arguments for it but much better to trust their defence IMO.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 11:18]

The second half of the Vikings saints was one of the greatest halfs of playoffs football ever. Wrong time to go to bed.
NFL Divisional Weekend on 00:15 - Jan 16 with 6726 viewsLord_Lucan

NFL Divisional Weekend on 00:09 - Jan 16 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Did you just say someone (or something) sucks?

Blimey

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

NFL Divisional Weekend on 00:20 - Jan 16 with 6715 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL Divisional Weekend on 00:15 - Jan 16 by Lord_Lucan

Did you just say someone (or something) sucks?

Blimey

Yes, Foles, can't you read?
NFL Divisional Weekend on 00:28 - Jan 16 with 6709 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Didn't watch much of that round of games - thank goodness the one I did watch to its conclusion was the Vikings game. Just had a feeling, the way the points were going back and forth at the end there, that there was one final twist in the tale. But if I'm honest, I thought it would be a FG, not a TD!

How much would I love to see the Jags upset the Patriots now though - I was actually pleased to see them get past the Steelers. Yes, it'll probably only go one way, but the AFC has done my head in these past few seasons, tired of seeing the same small cluster of teams making that final (albeit I can't see Denver getting there again anytime soon). And besides, Ds win championships and all that...
NFL Divisional Weekend on 08:38 - Jan 16 with 6621 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

NFL Divisional Weekend on 10:28 - Jan 15 by itfcjoe

Thought there was a couple of times Keenum threw it up for grabs under pressure which I’d have thought would be a cause of concern. Against Philly that would be the sort of thing that will let them into a game they shouldn’t have much chance of winning

You wouldn’t have been in FG position on the last drive had Williams made the tackle - clock would have expired before you’d been able to spike it. I see Keenum getting some plaudits but in reality it was just thrown up, with a good play by Diggs and an awful one by Williams leading to the TD

I don’t think Zimmer will do it but I’d expect him to consider it - I get the impression from the way Bridgewater was deactivated that he definitely sees Bradford as the guy long term. Obviously it would be an absolutely massive call to change it now

I’m probably being a bit harsh on Keenum - but then I am a bitter, biased Packers fan with a pre-conceived idea of what he is!

NFL Divisional Weekend on 08:39 - Jan 16 with 6619 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

NFL Divisional Weekend on 14:07 - Jan 15 by King_of_Portman_Rd

The thought of Blake Bortles as a super bowl winner is even more unbelievable than Wes Morgan being a premier league winning captain.

I can’t work out what’s worse - the Pats in the Superbowl again or a potential Bortles v Foles matchup

Bring back Rex Grossman

NFL Divisional Weekend on 13:58 - Jan 16 with 6552 viewsitfcjoe

NFL Divisional Weekend on 08:38 - Jan 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Thought there was a couple of times Keenum threw it up for grabs under pressure which I’d have thought would be a cause of concern. Against Philly that would be the sort of thing that will let them into a game they shouldn’t have much chance of winning

You wouldn’t have been in FG position on the last drive had Williams made the tackle - clock would have expired before you’d been able to spike it. I see Keenum getting some plaudits but in reality it was just thrown up, with a good play by Diggs and an awful one by Williams leading to the TD

I don’t think Zimmer will do it but I’d expect him to consider it - I get the impression from the way Bridgewater was deactivated that he definitely sees Bradford as the guy long term. Obviously it would be an absolutely massive call to change it now

I’m probably being a bit harsh on Keenum - but then I am a bitter, biased Packers fan with a pre-conceived idea of what he is!

He can be a bit of a gunslinger at times, which hasn't got him into as much trouble as it perhaps could have done - but both Thielen and Diggs are playmakers and make a lot of his throws look good. Even the throw to setup the 2nd TD (Flushed out of pocket, held ball for 10 seconds then across his body to Diggs on about the 2) was risky, but I'd rather see that sometimes than how safe Bradford played it last year where he threw short of the sticks on 3rd down so often.

With regards to Williams making the tackle, think there is a decent chance that Diggs could have got Out Of Bounds as he made the tackle - wasn't exactly inn middle of field and was only a step away or getting extended out to hit the sideline but we'll never know.

I think Zimmer prefers Teddy and he'll be here next year with Keenum. But Bradford has run this system, for Shurmur (who is likely off), whereas Bridgewater hasn't, and hasn't played meaningful football so think Bradford is the safer choice. Don't be surprised to see Bradford follow Shurmur to New york in the off season.

NFL Divisional Weekend on 18:11 - Jan 22 with 6349 viewsphillymark

NFL Divisional Weekend on 08:39 - Jan 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I can’t work out what’s worse - the Pats in the Superbowl again or a potential Bortles v Foles matchup

Bring back Rex Grossman

How did Foles look last night?
NFL Divisional Weekend on 17:47 - Jan 24 with 6269 viewsphillymark

NFL Divisional Weekend on 00:09 - Jan 16 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

how did that prediction go?

Eagles will beat Patriots by 10
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 17:48]
NFL Divisional Weekend on 18:20 - Jan 24 with 6239 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

NFL Divisional Weekend on 18:11 - Jan 22 by phillymark

How did Foles look last night?

Excellent. Hopefully he’ll do it again in 2 weeks time

NFL Divisional Weekend on 18:48 - Jan 24 with 6230 viewsconnorscontract

NFL Divisional Weekend on 17:47 - Jan 24 by phillymark

how did that prediction go?

Eagles will beat Patriots by 10
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 17:48]

That's bold. But you have possibly the best matched pair of Running Backs seen for many a season. As a Pats fan I was gutted when Blount went. It was a hugely impressive performance by the Eagles which made the Vikings Defence look very ordinary indeed. Solid defence and good combination Offence.

I can't spell Defence or Offence with an "s". I just can't.

I didn't think Pats would do it against the Jags, and with the score at Half Time and thr decapitation of Gronk, things looked bad. But Bill always finds a way. A couple of trick plays pulled out to get us out of a hole at this stage rings a bell (Amendola Touch Down pass a couple of years back), but he didn't do it at the corresponding Superbowl, iirc.

I've been expecting the Pats to fail at each stage, and think the Eagles running game is too strong, but the Pats ability to refocus at HT and totally transform games in the last two quarters is astounding.

It could come down to a QB's bottle. Brady seems to have really found his drive and edge again after dipping a little, in my opinion, in recent years.
NFL Divisional Weekend on 19:15 - Jan 24 with 6211 viewsphillymark

NFL Divisional Weekend on 18:48 - Jan 24 by connorscontract

That's bold. But you have possibly the best matched pair of Running Backs seen for many a season. As a Pats fan I was gutted when Blount went. It was a hugely impressive performance by the Eagles which made the Vikings Defence look very ordinary indeed. Solid defence and good combination Offence.

I can't spell Defence or Offence with an "s". I just can't.

I didn't think Pats would do it against the Jags, and with the score at Half Time and thr decapitation of Gronk, things looked bad. But Bill always finds a way. A couple of trick plays pulled out to get us out of a hole at this stage rings a bell (Amendola Touch Down pass a couple of years back), but he didn't do it at the corresponding Superbowl, iirc.

I've been expecting the Pats to fail at each stage, and think the Eagles running game is too strong, but the Pats ability to refocus at HT and totally transform games in the last two quarters is astounding.

It could come down to a QB's bottle. Brady seems to have really found his drive and edge again after dipping a little, in my opinion, in recent years.

The eagles defense is far far better than “solid”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024