Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farage has come around to my way of thinking 10:37 - Jan 11 with 18854 viewsGlasgowBlue

Let's have a second referendum to kill this off and shut the remoaners up once and for all.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:39 - Jan 11 with 6258 viewshomer_123

GB....

1. It's Farage
2. It's The Wright Stuff

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:40 - Jan 11 with 6239 viewschicoazul

Interesting. He could of course be thinking that Brexit is now clearly going to be a disaster and he doesnt want to be the man seen as responsible for that so he is looking for a trapdoor. But I agree with him that the vote would be even bigger for Leave if they go again due to Corbyn.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:40 - Jan 11 with 6247 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:39 - Jan 11 by homer_123

GB....

1. It's Farage
2. It's The Wright Stuff

Yes. That's why I said Farage has come around to my way of thinking.

I've said for a few months now that we should have a second referendum to put this to bed once and for all.

Iron Lion Zion

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:40 - Jan 11 with 6241 viewsmonytowbray

BREAKING: Man wants to shoot himself in the foot.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:41 - Jan 11 with 6242 viewsBrixtonBlue

That is bizarre. It's like winning the FA cup final and then offering the losers a replay.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:41 - Jan 11 with 6238 viewsNewcyBlue

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:40 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

I've said for a few months now that we should have a second referendum to put this to bed once and for all.

Do we have a tie breaker if it is a remain vote?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:42 - Jan 11 with 6229 viewsmonytowbray

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:41 - Jan 11 by BrixtonBlue

That is bizarre. It's like winning the FA cup final and then offering the losers a replay.

And the winners being a L2 team who used a crooked ref to beat Man City now offering to play the game with a neutral and fair ref.

TWTD never forgets…

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:43 - Jan 11 with 6225 viewsmonytowbray

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:41 - Jan 11 by NewcyBlue

Do we have a tie breaker if it is a remain vote?

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:50 - Jan 11 with 6202 viewsLankHenners

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:41 - Jan 11 by BrixtonBlue

Of course he wants a replay - winning the referendum meant he no longer had a fight to partake in. It was over, no more having his face in the news every day. If we have another vote it's another chance for the self-serving git to get all those media appearances and attention. All about the thrill of the chase with him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:51 - Jan 11 with 6197 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think it should always have been the way that we have a second vote based on the Brexit that is negotiated.

....I dont see whats it it for Farage though? I dont think there are many people who wanted Brexit that didnt vote. I think there are a lot of people who want to remain but didnt vote.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:51 - Jan 11 with 6193 viewsCotty

Although of course, I'm sure in reality you do not expect any amount of elections, referenda or otherwise to stop people freely expressing their political opinion. Nor does Farage surely? So I have no idea why he thinks this is a good idea... I'm happy to support him on this however!
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:51 - Jan 11 with 6185 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

People sound so bitter and twisted when they use the word 'remoaners'.

;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:52 - Jan 11 with 6177 viewsCotty

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:40 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

Should any political issue ever be "put to bed forever"? Doesn't sound very democratic to me...
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:53 - Jan 11 with 6167 viewsArcher4721

No surprise there then. Always thought you were a closet UKIPPER anyway.
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:54 - Jan 11 with 6168 viewsLankHenners

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:51 - Jan 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

People sound so bitter and twisted when they use the word 'remoaners'.

;-)

No one has ever said 'remoaners' without sounding like they're incredibly triggered that people have a different view to them.

Plus they haven't seemed to notice that 'remoaners' is a moan in itself.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:58 - Jan 11 with 6146 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:54 - Jan 11 by LankHenners

No one has ever said 'remoaners' without sounding like they're incredibly triggered that people have a different view to them.

Indeed.

My dad uses the phrase a lot. I voted to remain, as did most of my friends and in general we accept that we lost and get on with it, even if we dont like it. No moaning.

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:00 - Jan 11 with 6136 viewsArcher4721

These are the people who have been moaning about being in the EU for 40 years!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 11:01]
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:02 - Jan 11 with 6133 viewsblueislander

Wouldn't it be more sensible to have that second referendum when we have full details of terms of our exit from the EU?
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:05 - Jan 11 with 6119 viewsGlasgowBlue

Remoaners are a very different breed from the majority of people who voted remain. They are people like Lord Adonis, who Compared Brexit to appeasing Hitler, and demanded MPs “halt Brexit” and “scrap Brexit”.

Iron Lion Zion

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:09 - Jan 11 with 6088 viewsElderGrizzly

I’m sure if it was 52/48 for remain, he’d take it like a man and disappear...

Again, he misjudges the public mood. I think the majority of those who voted to remain, respect the vote, but want scrutiny of the leave deal and if it is worse than now, to look at how we can mitigate that ‘pain’.

If that means, keeping membership of the Single Market and having some element of freedom of movement then so be it.
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:09 - Jan 11 with 6082 viewshype313

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:02 - Jan 11 by blueislander

Wouldn't it be more sensible to have that second referendum when we have full details of terms of our exit from the EU?

Thought we knew what that was, no customs union and no SM membership.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:10 - Jan 11 with 6073 viewsArcher4721

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:05 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

Remoaners are a very different breed from the majority of people who voted remain. They are people like Lord Adonis, who Compared Brexit to appeasing Hitler, and demanded MPs “halt Brexit” and “scrap Brexit”.

Whereas Brexiteers have been trying to split the Tory Party for years. It's always been a Tory right wing problem.

They're the "different breed"
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:13 - Jan 11 with 6061 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:51 - Jan 11 by Cotty

Although of course, I'm sure in reality you do not expect any amount of elections, referenda or otherwise to stop people freely expressing their political opinion. Nor does Farage surely? So I have no idea why he thinks this is a good idea... I'm happy to support him on this however!

I suspect his reasons for wanting a second referendum are different from mine. Since June 2016 the country has become a far nastier place with recriminations of betrayal and lies being chuck from both sides. We have had nearly two years since the referendum. The predicted 2016 and 2017 recession didn't happen. Productivity is at a six year high. House prices didn't crash. Unemployment didn't shoot up.

On the other side people are aware that the Boris Bus isn't a pledge and there is no guarantee of spending EU savings on the NHS. The weak pound has caused higher inflation. Immigration , thankfully, will be dependent on trade deals with countries like India and China, so those who voted to leave because they want less immigration now know the facts. There may be more immigration.

So the electorate are now better informed. I would like to see a second referendum based on what we now know. I wouldn't take the electorate for granted as I did at the last election. Remain could win. But whatever the result, it would be one made with a better understanding.

Iron Lion Zion

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:13 - Jan 11 with 6052 viewsJ2BLUE

Remain would probably win comfortably in a replay.

My guess: 56-44

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:16 - Jan 11 with 6036 viewsElderGrizzly

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:13 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

I suspect his reasons for wanting a second referendum are different from mine. Since June 2016 the country has become a far nastier place with recriminations of betrayal and lies being chuck from both sides. We have had nearly two years since the referendum. The predicted 2016 and 2017 recession didn't happen. Productivity is at a six year high. House prices didn't crash. Unemployment didn't shoot up.

On the other side people are aware that the Boris Bus isn't a pledge and there is no guarantee of spending EU savings on the NHS. The weak pound has caused higher inflation. Immigration , thankfully, will be dependent on trade deals with countries like India and China, so those who voted to leave because they want less immigration now know the facts. There may be more immigration.

So the electorate are now better informed. I would like to see a second referendum based on what we now know. I wouldn't take the electorate for granted as I did at the last election. Remain could win. But whatever the result, it would be one made with a better understanding.

Your last paragraph is key for me and what it should be all about.

Present the deal negotiated with the EU and there can be no ‘maybes’.

Simple vote - take that deal or remain as is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024