Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farage has come around to my way of thinking 10:37 - Jan 11 with 18944 viewsGlasgowBlue

Let's have a second referendum to kill this off and shut the remoaners up once and for all.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:16 - Jan 11 with 5274 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:52 - Jan 11 by Cotty

Should any political issue ever be "put to bed forever"? Doesn't sound very democratic to me...

You are right. A poor choice of words. The nastiness may be put to bed forever. The accusation of lies. I's like to see Leave win with a bigger majority from a better informed electorate so the likes of Blair, Clegg and Adonis will accpet the result with good grace.

Those who want to remain/rejoin should be able to express that opinion just as those who campaigned to leave were able to do so since the last referendum.

Iron Lion Zion

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:21 - Jan 11 with 5263 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:10 - Jan 11 by Archer4721

Whereas Brexiteers have been trying to split the Tory Party for years. It's always been a Tory right wing problem.

They're the "different breed"

Remind me who the are only major political party to fight a General Election on a manifesto commitment to leave the EU?

Your hero was voted against both the Maastricht and Lisbon treaties, voting to leave in the last earlier EU referendum and was Tony Benn's bag carrier at every Leave the EU meeting he ever attended.

The Tories have always had a problem with the swivel eyed loons like Cash who were anti EU but they are on the back benches. Your party is lead by a Brexiteer.

Making this party political will never end well for you Facey.

Iron Lion Zion

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:22 - Jan 11 with 5260 viewsBenters2

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 10:41 - Jan 11 by NewcyBlue

Do we have a tie breaker if it is a remain vote?

Yes.
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:23 - Jan 11 with 5256 viewschicoazul

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:09 - Jan 11 by ElderGrizzly

I’m sure if it was 52/48 for remain, he’d take it like a man and disappear...

Again, he misjudges the public mood. I think the majority of those who voted to remain, respect the vote, but want scrutiny of the leave deal and if it is worse than now, to look at how we can mitigate that ‘pain’.

If that means, keeping membership of the Single Market and having some element of freedom of movement then so be it.

What do you mean by "again" in this context? His side have won.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:25 - Jan 11 with 5253 viewschicoazul

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:13 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

Remain would probably win comfortably in a replay.

My guess: 56-44

No way mate. Corbyn is anti EU and he has many millions of acolytes on his side beholden to his every whim. The coming Communist revolution in this country cannot be stopped. Don't be surprised if we end up at war, actual war, with the US inside 20 years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:28 - Jan 11 with 5249 viewsJ2BLUE

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:16 - Jan 11 by ElderGrizzly

Your last paragraph is key for me and what it should be all about.

Present the deal negotiated with the EU and there can be no ‘maybes’.

Simple vote - take that deal or remain as is.

It would need to have a third option of leaving without a deal. However much you disagree with that option and think it's wrong it's extremely arrogant to say take the deal or remain. It would need to have three options and then the top two in a second part to the referendum IMO. You can't just ignore the last referendum and not give the full three options.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:29 - Jan 11 with 5248 viewslowhouseblue

yeah cos 52% remain v. 48% leave will really resolve it once and for all. we'll never hear it mentioned again. best of three?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:34 - Jan 11 with 5237 viewsBenters2

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:29 - Jan 11 by lowhouseblue

yeah cos 52% remain v. 48% leave will really resolve it once and for all. we'll never hear it mentioned again. best of three?

Just keep having the votes until people get bored voting.
Login to get fewer ads

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:35 - Jan 11 with 5232 viewsGlasgowBlue

That would make it in the interests of the EU to give us a bad deal. Then most would vote to remain.

We should also be aware of what deals are on offer from the USA, Australia, China, Canada, India etc

Iron Lion Zion

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:35 - Jan 11 with 5232 viewshype313

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:34 - Jan 11 by Benters2

Just keep having the votes until people get bored voting.

That's what happened in Ireland.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:36 - Jan 11 with 5229 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:25 - Jan 11 by chicoazul

No way mate. Corbyn is anti EU and he has many millions of acolytes on his side beholden to his every whim. The coming Communist revolution in this country cannot be stopped. Don't be surprised if we end up at war, actual war, with the US inside 20 years.

You have to remember that Corbyn doesnt have the balls to nail his colours to the mast, so he wont influence a leave vote.

He would never say he supports brexit, as that would lose some of his core vote.

Remember, this is the man who offers whatever bribe it takes to try to get into power. He used to be a conviction politician, he is now just a politician.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:37 - Jan 11 with 5222 viewschicoazul

When you say "remain as is" you know this is not an option, yes? We would have to reapply to join as we have in fact left the EU. They may decline our membership unless we accept the Euro. They may accept on the basis that we lose our rebate and special conditions we enjoyed before.

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:38 - Jan 11 with 5218 viewschicoazul

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:36 - Jan 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

You have to remember that Corbyn doesnt have the balls to nail his colours to the mast, so he wont influence a leave vote.

He would never say he supports brexit, as that would lose some of his core vote.

Remember, this is the man who offers whatever bribe it takes to try to get into power. He used to be a conviction politician, he is now just a politician.

Not nailing his colours to the mast IS nailing his colours to the mast.

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:38 - Jan 11 with 5217 viewsclive_baker

Half the old bigots that voted leave have probably snuffed it since the last referendum, with the then 16 / 17 year old lefty yoofs with no understanding of the real world replacing their vote and over indexing with a remain vote. Would be a remain cake walk if there was a 2nd one. 58 / 42.

Good idea if you ask me innit. I've always been pretty down the middle on the subject, pro's and cons to both IMO. I fall on the side of remain largely because we're already in, and the ridiculous expense, time, effort and unknowns of leaving aren't worth the risk for me. If we weren't already a member and had a referendum, all things being equal, I would probably vote stay out for the same reason. I just can't be arsed with it to be honest. We're only here once and when you think about it we'll all spend a not insignificant period of our lives (5%, 10%, 20% depending on how lucky we all are) reading about, talking about, hearing about and thinking about pissing Brexit. Some more than others admittedly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:39 - Jan 11 with 5212 viewsimsureazzure

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:00 - Jan 11 by Archer4721

These are the people who have been moaning about being in the EU for 40 years!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 11:01]

The man in your avatar?
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:40 - Jan 11 with 5206 viewsArcher4721

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:21 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

Remind me who the are only major political party to fight a General Election on a manifesto commitment to leave the EU?

Your hero was voted against both the Maastricht and Lisbon treaties, voting to leave in the last earlier EU referendum and was Tony Benn's bag carrier at every Leave the EU meeting he ever attended.

The Tories have always had a problem with the swivel eyed loons like Cash who were anti EU but they are on the back benches. Your party is lead by a Brexiteer.

Making this party political will never end well for you Facey.

Of course it's party political.

Cameron didn't call a referendum for the will of the people. He did so to keep the Tory party from splitting and in power.
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:41 - Jan 11 with 5200 viewsArcher4721

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:39 - Jan 11 by imsureazzure

The man in your avatar?

No the "Bastards" in the Tory Party.
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:42 - Jan 11 with 5195 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:38 - Jan 11 by chicoazul

Not nailing his colours to the mast IS nailing his colours to the mast.

I see your angle, but dodging the subject doesnt equate to advocating brexit.

Lets see him get in stage at glasto and start chanting for Brexit. He would get lynched.

I would love to see him come out in support of brexit, at least that would end his political career.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:43 - Jan 11 with 5188 viewsElderGrizzly

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:28 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

It would need to have a third option of leaving without a deal. However much you disagree with that option and think it's wrong it's extremely arrogant to say take the deal or remain. It would need to have three options and then the top two in a second part to the referendum IMO. You can't just ignore the last referendum and not give the full three options.

As long as “no deal” impact was made very clear in terms of consequences, then i agree.

No-one is ignoring the other vote, but saying any future vote should be based on facts, not guesswork or promises that can’t be kept.
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:45 - Jan 11 with 5173 viewsElderGrizzly

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:37 - Jan 11 by chicoazul

When you say "remain as is" you know this is not an option, yes? We would have to reapply to join as we have in fact left the EU. They may decline our membership unless we accept the Euro. They may accept on the basis that we lose our rebate and special conditions we enjoyed before.

At any point before 2019, we can reverse article 50. The guy who wrote the legislation has pointed this out multiple times. So ‘remain as is’ is an option.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-article-50-reve
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 11:48]
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:46 - Jan 11 with 5162 viewsElderGrizzly

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:35 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

That would make it in the interests of the EU to give us a bad deal. Then most would vote to remain.

We should also be aware of what deals are on offer from the USA, Australia, China, Canada, India etc

As long as those deals are all set out in detail as part of any other vote, again not a problem.
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:48 - Jan 11 with 5155 viewschicoazul

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:45 - Jan 11 by ElderGrizzly

At any point before 2019, we can reverse article 50. The guy who wrote the legislation has pointed this out multiple times. So ‘remain as is’ is an option.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-article-50-reve
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 11:48]

Let's say you're right. What if the EU say no?

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:49 - Jan 11 with 5150 viewsElderGrizzly

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:48 - Jan 11 by chicoazul

Let's say you're right. What if the EU say no?

It’s not their place to say no. We can unilaterally stop it. We don’t need their agreement to do so.
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:51 - Jan 11 with 5145 viewsKievthegreat

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:37 - Jan 11 by chicoazul

We haven't left the EU yet. We've given notice to withdraw which has a default 2 year timeline and nothing more.

Can we remain as is? It's an unanswered legal question as article 50 doesn't say whether or not it's irrevocable. One of the authors of the article says it is:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2017/nov/10/brexit-reversible-says-lo
Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:52 - Jan 11 with 5137 viewschicoazul

Farage has come around to my way of thinking on 11:49 - Jan 11 by ElderGrizzly

It’s not their place to say no. We can unilaterally stop it. We don’t need their agreement to do so.

Why is it not their place? It's their club. Why wouldn't we need their agreement?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024