Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window 16:45 - Dec 21 with 3968 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32823/mccarthy-loans-most-likely-additio

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 17:05 - Dec 21 with 3938 viewsWickets

So are we ment to think he has had a word with the top man and been told no more cash?
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 18:43 - Dec 21 with 3860 viewsHerbivore

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 17:05 - Dec 21 by Wickets

So are we ment to think he has had a word with the top man and been told no more cash?

I think he's content with his squad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 18:48 - Dec 21 with 3858 viewsBenters2

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 17:05 - Dec 21 by Wickets

Unless of course we sell first.
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 19:23 - Dec 21 with 3844 viewsTrequartista

Same old same old. Top tier football drifts further and further away in the memory. What a crying shame my club has become.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 20:01 - Dec 21 with 3823 viewsPJH

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 19:23 - Dec 21 by Trequartista

Same old same old. Top tier football drifts further and further away in the memory. What a crying shame my club has become.

Why, who do you support?
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 20:15 - Dec 21 with 3813 viewsBluefish

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 20:01 - Dec 21 by PJH

Why, who do you support?

roy keane i think

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 20:37 - Dec 21 with 3793 viewsPJH

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 20:15 - Dec 21 by Bluefish

roy keane i think

That explains it then.
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 12:57 - Dec 22 with 3669 viewsWickets

Mixed messages Milne says money available Mick says Loans only! If he is happy with his squad why do we need loans? I suppose he would be happy if all fit but as we know half our midfielders are out. One could say loans cost money and that's true but Milne should,in my opinion, be more honest at the AGM.
Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 12:58 - Dec 22 with 3668 viewsHerbivore

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 12:57 - Dec 22 by Wickets

Mixed messages Milne says money available Mick says Loans only! If he is happy with his squad why do we need loans? I suppose he would be happy if all fit but as we know half our midfielders are out. One could say loans cost money and that's true but Milne should,in my opinion, be more honest at the AGM.

Loans do cost money so he's not being dishonest. I think loans look far more likely, January is a difficult time to do business in terms of permanent signings.

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 14:04 - Dec 22 with 3630 viewsbraveblue

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 12:58 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

Loans do cost money so he's not being dishonest. I think loans look far more likely, January is a difficult time to do business in terms of permanent signings.

Just like summer then.
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 14:27 - Dec 22 with 3620 viewsHerbivore

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 14:04 - Dec 22 by braveblue

Just like summer then.

You mean the summer in which we signed Huws, Adeyemi, Waghorn and Garner on permanent deals?

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 16:47 - Dec 22 with 3567 viewsWickets

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 12:58 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

For me and several others sitting near me, Milne intentionaly gave the impression at the AGM, that their would be some money to bring in one or two new players should the manager want too.
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 17:10 - Dec 22 with 3559 viewsHerbivore

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 16:47 - Dec 22 by Wickets

For me and several others sitting near me, Milne intentionaly gave the impression at the AGM, that their would be some money to bring in one or two new players should the manager want too.

Which I'm sure is the case, but that money will be limited so I imagine Mick will be choosing between cheap punts or loans and from Mick's comments it looks as though he may favour the loan market.

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 18:05 - Dec 22 with 3523 viewsnshearman1

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 17:10 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

Which I'm sure is the case, but that money will be limited so I imagine Mick will be choosing between cheap punts or loans and from Mick's comments it looks as though he may favour the loan market.

I agree with Herb's points on this one! The messages are not necessarily mixed. It must be Christmas!
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 07:11 - Dec 23 with 3472 viewsBenters2

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 16:47 - Dec 22 by Wickets

See also The EA stated that Marcus Evans was going to spend the dosh in Jan.

Its not very exciting is it!
[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 7:13]
McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 09:36 - Dec 23 with 3414 viewsHerbivore

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 18:05 - Dec 22 by nshearman1

I agree with Herb's points on this one! The messages are not necessarily mixed. It must be Christmas!

Blimey! Merry Xmas mate.

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 09:47 - Dec 23 with 3403 viewsBrixtonBlue

Never believe a word Mick says re transfers.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 09:47 - Dec 23 with 3403 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 07:11 - Dec 23 by Benters2

See also The EA stated that Marcus Evans was going to spend the dosh in Jan.

Its not very exciting is it!
[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 7:13]

Paper talk isn't it?

Permanent signings in January rarely represent value for money.

Loans or possibly if there is a free agent or someone whose contract is up in the summer and the selling club is desperate to cash in.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 09:49 - Dec 23 with 3399 viewsHerbivore

McCarthy: Loans Most Likely Additions in Quiet January Window on 09:47 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Paper talk isn't it?

Permanent signings in January rarely represent value for money.

Loans or possibly if there is a free agent or someone whose contract is up in the summer and the selling club is desperate to cash in.

Yep, I could see a Freddie Sears type signing or a Moore/Rowe type signing but I think he'll prioritise some more proven quality on loan if we do dip into the loan market. To be honest, the uncertainty over Mick's future is an extra complicating factor this window.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024