Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First team sponsor 20:48 - Nov 15 with 4984 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Does anyone think ME will look for a new sponsor for next season? As the Ladies team is sponsored by Empire Cinemas does anyone think that what ME will do for the first team sponsor?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

First team sponsor on 20:50 - Nov 15 with 4955 viewsSpruceMoose

I doubt it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

First team sponsor on 20:53 - Nov 15 with 4946 viewsuefacup81

It's most likely a question of money. I'd say it's 95% certain that ME sponsors the first team because no external company is willing to stump up whatever he can legitimately get away with paying for the sponsorship.

Say, for example, the EFL value shirt-front sponsorship at £1m a season, ME would be foolish to accept the next-highest bidder at, say, £750k. I imagine the sponsorship of the women's team has changed because the going rate is lower, and the cinema were willing to stump up.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

First team sponsor on 20:53 - Nov 15 with 4935 viewsJ2BLUE

Sponsoring the ladies team probably costs a fraction of what sponsoring the men's team costs. I'm sure Evans looks out for opportunities but his name will probably be on the shirts again. Out of interest, why do you want to know? Just wondering or hoping his name is removed?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

First team sponsor on 20:55 - Nov 15 with 4927 viewsfactual_blue

First team sponsor on 20:50 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

I doubt it.

Surely this would be ideal

Hoppy will polish the branding for you.Within your $15.99 budget, obviously.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

First team sponsor on 21:01 - Nov 15 with 4896 viewsSpruceMoose

First team sponsor on 20:55 - Nov 15 by factual_blue

Surely this would be ideal

Hoppy will polish the branding for you.Within your $15.99 budget, obviously.

You're no Saatchi & Saatchi, are you?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

First team sponsor on 21:01 - Nov 15 with 4899 viewsIllinoisblue

First team sponsor on 20:53 - Nov 15 by uefacup81

It's most likely a question of money. I'd say it's 95% certain that ME sponsors the first team because no external company is willing to stump up whatever he can legitimately get away with paying for the sponsorship.

Say, for example, the EFL value shirt-front sponsorship at £1m a season, ME would be foolish to accept the next-highest bidder at, say, £750k. I imagine the sponsorship of the women's team has changed because the going rate is lower, and the cinema were willing to stump up.

but in your example; he'd be turning down 750k of new money in favour of fantasy money shifting from one part of his empire to the next. I'd say if there was a company willing to pay 750k a year for shirt sponsorship Evans would absolutely bite their hand off.

I doubt there's many EFL clubs getting close to 1m a year for shirt sponsorship. Villa, Leeds maybe.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

First team sponsor on 21:08 - Nov 15 with 4878 viewsuefacup81

First team sponsor on 21:01 - Nov 15 by Illinoisblue

but in your example; he'd be turning down 750k of new money in favour of fantasy money shifting from one part of his empire to the next. I'd say if there was a company willing to pay 750k a year for shirt sponsorship Evans would absolutely bite their hand off.

I doubt there's many EFL clubs getting close to 1m a year for shirt sponsorship. Villa, Leeds maybe.

It's just an example using figures pulled out of the air.

The principle is the same. The EFL will have defined what a 'typical' shirt sponsorship value is, and unless an external source offers that sum it makes more sense for ME to sponsor the shirt as another means of putting money into the club. It's what Fahwaz did at Forest, and what is being done at Man City.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

First team sponsor on 21:20 - Nov 15 with 4836 viewsfactual_blue

First team sponsor on 21:01 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

You're no Saatchi & Saatchi, are you?

I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

First team sponsor on 21:25 - Nov 15 with 4822 viewstextbackup

It's said every year, not a chance

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

First team sponsor on 21:37 - Nov 15 with 4802 viewsPhilTWTD

First team sponsor on 21:08 - Nov 15 by uefacup81

It's just an example using figures pulled out of the air.

The principle is the same. The EFL will have defined what a 'typical' shirt sponsorship value is, and unless an external source offers that sum it makes more sense for ME to sponsor the shirt as another means of putting money into the club. It's what Fahwaz did at Forest, and what is being done at Man City.

Doesn't really make any odds in terms of FFP these days as our losses aren't near the increased limits. The situation when ME started sponsoring the shirts was that no one offered what they considered enough. If someone were to offer what they saw as enough then they'd go for it. Same with stadium sponsorship.
First team sponsor on 21:45 - Nov 15 with 4769 viewsMelford

We have had different sponsors for our other teams. Servest sponsored the u21s
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2013/august/servest-sign-up/

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

First team sponsor on 22:33 - Nov 15 with 4698 viewsEly_Blue

I have heard that this is our new sponsors for the 2018/19 season if MM is given a contract extension . def info!!

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 22:35]

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

First team sponsor on 23:12 - Nov 15 with 4646 viewsamy73

First team sponsor on 21:37 - Nov 15 by PhilTWTD

Doesn't really make any odds in terms of FFP these days as our losses aren't near the increased limits. The situation when ME started sponsoring the shirts was that no one offered what they considered enough. If someone were to offer what they saw as enough then they'd go for it. Same with stadium sponsorship.

My understanding was that our last deal was worth only £70,000 per season.
First team sponsor on 08:51 - Nov 16 with 4459 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Big difference between the cost of sponsoring a mens first team and the ladies team.

I wouldnt expect the same to happen for the mens team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

First team sponsor on 08:55 - Nov 16 with 4453 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

First team sponsor on 21:37 - Nov 15 by PhilTWTD

Stadium sponsorship...I can see the fallout to that one being fun

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

First team sponsor on 09:17 - Nov 16 with 4424 viewsPhilTWTD

First team sponsor on 08:55 - Nov 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Stadium sponsorship...I can see the fallout to that one being fun

Was almost the TXU Stadium before they went into administration.
First team sponsor on 09:22 - Nov 16 with 4414 viewsKieran_Knows

First team sponsor on 22:33 - Nov 15 by Ely_Blue

I have heard that this is our new sponsors for the 2018/19 season if MM is given a contract extension . def info!!

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 22:35]

Original.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

First team sponsor on 09:24 - Nov 16 with 4412 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

First team sponsor on 09:17 - Nov 16 by PhilTWTD

Was almost the TXU Stadium before they went into administration.

Interesting. I don’t particularly like it but it’s inevitable it will happen some day. I’ll still call it Portman Road in any event

Heaven help this site if it becomes the Marcus Evans Stadium, or similar

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024