Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too much outside noise like it's done. 20:35 - May 1 with 3020 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Setting us up for an almighty fall. It ain't done and I'm scared! Somebody please tell me it'll all be ok! PLEASE! 😭
Innit ba (n/t) on 07:58 - May 2 with 480 viewsDyland

What are you talking about? on 07:57 - May 2 by Buhrer

I'm buzzing, filled with positivity, while this lot are pulling on hair shirts, stating their purity and moaning about smoke.

No, no and no. And FFS also.

If each of us go and make Saturday positive and loud, in our own ways, we know the team can do this. The rest is just wibble.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Innit ba (n/t) on 07:58 - May 2 with 478 viewsDyland

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 07:42 - May 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

If we lose to Huddersfield it won't be because of a bus welcome!

What are you talking about? on 08:00 - May 2 with 472 viewsHerbivore

What are you talking about? on 07:57 - May 2 by Buhrer

I'm buzzing, filled with positivity, while this lot are pulling on hair shirts, stating their purity and moaning about smoke.

No, no and no. And FFS also.

If each of us go and make Saturday positive and loud, in our own ways, we know the team can do this. The rest is just wibble.

When PR is bouncing, the team respond and are almost unplayable. When we sit on our hands worrying we might be being disrespectful or we might be somehow jinxing things, that edgyness feeds through to the players and we're a lot less effective.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 08:26 - May 2 with 425 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 21:17 - May 1 by MK1

It'll all be ok.
Not a game to worry about. Huddersfield will put up a bit of a fight until we score our first goal. Whilst no game should be taken lightly, we couldn't have asked for a much easier last game for promotion. We only need a draw and Southampton might want to dent Leeds chances.
It'll all be ok.

I'm glad you're not the manager giving prematch team talk.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 08:38 - May 2 with 412 viewsgeg1992

I'm completely neutral with regards to this, but I feel like most of the negative comments are completely missing the point.

It's not celebrating before the match has finished.

It's to try and encourage the players and give them that extra few percent to get us across the line.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 08:47 - May 2 with 396 viewsSwansea_Blue

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 08:26 - May 2 by Tangledupin_Blue

I'm glad you're not the manager giving prematch team talk.

Quite. If games like this were a certainty, all the bookies would have gone out of business by now. We huffed and puffed against them at their place and needed a late equaliser to secure the point. I’m more confident with it being a home match, but we’ve struggled in some of them lately as well. We should be ok if we’re focused and on it, but there are too many variables for any degree of certainty.

One thing we do know for sure is that we’ll be prepared and KM and senior players will have everyone focussed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 08:58 - May 2 with 366 viewsjayessess

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 07:12 - May 2 by lazyblue

Absolutely agree, life has a habit of coming back and slapping you in the face.

A job still has to be done .

If life does "slap us in the face" we won't feel any better about it because we were humble enough to not show our excitement beforehand.

There was no special bus greeting or anything before the Norwich Away game, there was a lot of respect for the opposition, but for all that it didn't feel any less humiliating than the home draw (worse in fact).
[Post edited 2 May 9:00]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 09:05 - May 2 with 349 viewsStewart27

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 04:17 - May 2 by franz_tyson

End of the season? What about the play-off semi final?

No-one is celebrating end of the season - they're celebrating promotion . Even before we've achieved it.

It's up to Mckenna to get the team mentally prepared for a vital game. It's not up to Blue Action how we prepare for a game. Get the job done - then we party.

If the club are OK with it then fine, but did they suggest or encourage it? I'd leave it up to McKenna and the club to prepare the team for a vital game.

Why would you wait to show appreciate for a game that may not take place?

Don’t ever wait to show appreciation. Do it now.
Login to get fewer ads

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 09:13 - May 2 with 340 viewsHerbivore

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 08:47 - May 2 by Swansea_Blue

Quite. If games like this were a certainty, all the bookies would have gone out of business by now. We huffed and puffed against them at their place and needed a late equaliser to secure the point. I’m more confident with it being a home match, but we’ve struggled in some of them lately as well. We should be ok if we’re focused and on it, but there are too many variables for any degree of certainty.

One thing we do know for sure is that we’ll be prepared and KM and senior players will have everyone focussed.

Although to flip it slightly, we played Huddersfield away when they were experiencing a new manager bounce and despite them putting in one of their best displays of the season, they could only manage a draw with us in a game where we were also denied a stonewall penalty (a familiar tale that). We've lost once at home all season to a very good Leeds side in a game that could have gone either way and our recent 'struggles' at home have seen us draw with a Boro side who were top of the form table and finished third last season and parachute payment side Watford who were also going into the game in good form. On the balance of play and chances, we could easily have won either or both of those games.

I completely understand the need to not be complacent and you can guarantee we won't be. Football is a funny old game and there are no dreadful sides in this league so every game presents challenges. However, Huddersfield are as good as down and their away record is poor. We couldn't have chosen a much kinder fixture for a final game of the season in which we need a result and if we play anywhere close to our best it's unlikely we'll slip up. I'll add the caveat that this isn't stopping me bricking it, but assessing the fixture dispassionately, it's not hard to see why some pundits are talking like it's job done. Thankfully, McKenna and the players won't see it that way but as fans I'd rather see us go into this full of belief and positive rather than being nervy about a game that at any other point of the season we'd be seeing as a fairly routine three points.

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 09:13 - May 2 with 338 viewsbackwaywhen

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 21:06 - May 1 by _clive_baker_

Tbh I do agree, but I won’t lose sleep over it.

We need to play the game rather than the occasion, and for me the best way of doing that is to maintain complete pre match normality. From a players perspective I would be dialling down the excitement, keeping focus solely on it as another game and not deviating from what we’ve done all season. Having said that I would imagine BA have consulted the club, and if the decision is to do it then who am I to question that. I have maximum confidence that the squad is composed and street wise enough to not let the occasion get to them.

McKenna will not let this get to the players rest assured, he is such a calming influence on the whole club and will have everybody in the right place and mindset for the match …..if anybody hasn’t noticed this throughout the season then you haven’t really payed attention.

In McKenna we trust 💙
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 09:21 - May 2 with 325 viewsEuropablue

I don't see anyone celebrating a job already done.
A few random supporters counting their chickens will not motivate the other side because that will happen for most matches with a successful team or with deluded supporters.
I have confidence that we will do it, unless there are a string of extremely unlucky events, just because I have faith in the manager and players to keep doing what they've been doing.
They already appreciate our support, but the coach welcome can only add to that. Of course it might make the players nervous, but the magnitude of the occasion would have that effect anyway.
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 09:22 - May 2 with 324 viewsLeaky

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 07:51 - May 2 by Herbivore

Were they celebrating promotion when they did this for Norwich or Exeter last year? They aren't celebrating promotion, they are showing appreciation and support to the team ahead of a big game. Personally I don't have a strong view on it either way, I'll be in the pub when it happens going through my normal prematch routine, but I really don't grasp why some so called fans are desperate to police the behaviour of other fans.

Agree pub will be the best place to be
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 09:48 - May 2 with 295 viewsRyorry

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 01:09 - May 2 by Guthrum

But it is the end of the season ...

Not till about 14.30 on Saturday + any nerve-shredding time added, is the point s/he’s making I think. Or if things go the wrong way, heaven forbid, sometime later this month.
[Post edited 2 May 10:00]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Snap on 09:58 - May 2 with 287 viewsRyorry

Snap on 07:55 - May 2 by Dyland

I'm pretty disinterested in the plan tbh, but as I say, I'm a miserable sod.

The suggestion it's arrogant, or off putting, or celebrating promotion, etc. is simpy incorrect.

But people love something to moan and wring their hands about, innit.]

COYFB

Re your last para - I don’t think it’s that at all, just passionate fans anxious not to tempt fate because, let’s face it, football often throws up shock results - and we’ve never been exactly a lucky club.

Meh on 10:19 - May 2 with 263 viewsDyland

Snap on 09:58 - May 2 by Ryorry

Re your last para - I don’t think it’s that at all, just passionate fans anxious not to tempt fate because, let’s face it, football often throws up shock results - and we’ve never been exactly a lucky club.

No one is tempting fate though Ryorrers cos it's not a celebration. It's meant to be a fillip to the team, as per Nodge (a bit embarrassing imo, sorry BA and gang) and Exeter (brilliant).

Totally agree about shock results. Nothing is being taken for granted. If anything this reinforces the point of the bus greet.

It probably doesn't make much of a difference either way tbh.

Snap, innit buh (n/t) on 10:21 - May 2 with 256 viewsDyland

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 08:38 - May 2 by geg1992

I'm completely neutral with regards to this, but I feel like most of the negative comments are completely missing the point.

It's not celebrating before the match has finished.

It's to try and encourage the players and give them that extra few percent to get us across the line.

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 10:28 - May 2 with 247 viewsjayessess

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 09:13 - May 2 by Herbivore

Although to flip it slightly, we played Huddersfield away when they were experiencing a new manager bounce and despite them putting in one of their best displays of the season, they could only manage a draw with us in a game where we were also denied a stonewall penalty (a familiar tale that). We've lost once at home all season to a very good Leeds side in a game that could have gone either way and our recent 'struggles' at home have seen us draw with a Boro side who were top of the form table and finished third last season and parachute payment side Watford who were also going into the game in good form. On the balance of play and chances, we could easily have won either or both of those games.

I completely understand the need to not be complacent and you can guarantee we won't be. Football is a funny old game and there are no dreadful sides in this league so every game presents challenges. However, Huddersfield are as good as down and their away record is poor. We couldn't have chosen a much kinder fixture for a final game of the season in which we need a result and if we play anywhere close to our best it's unlikely we'll slip up. I'll add the caveat that this isn't stopping me bricking it, but assessing the fixture dispassionately, it's not hard to see why some pundits are talking like it's job done. Thankfully, McKenna and the players won't see it that way but as fans I'd rather see us go into this full of belief and positive rather than being nervy about a game that at any other point of the season we'd be seeing as a fairly routine three points.

Reverse our and Leeds' situations and I think we'd have precisely zero expectations in Huddersfield and would be largely resigned to our fat (as Leeds fans mostly are).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 11:24 - May 2 with 215 viewsOldFart71

Where's the vocalist Lady who's a tad overweight for her height ?
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 11:25 - May 2 with 216 viewsRyorry

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 10:28 - May 2 by jayessess

Reverse our and Leeds' situations and I think we'd have precisely zero expectations in Huddersfield and would be largely resigned to our fat (as Leeds fans mostly are).

Funny you should mention fat, my cholesterol has for the first timein my life gone up above normal over the past 2 months ;/

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 11:25 - May 2 with 209 viewsHerbivore

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 10:28 - May 2 by jayessess

And then imagine that Leeds are playing second from bottom Norwich who are effectively relegated. Would we have any confidence in them getting a result to help us out?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024