Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dele Alli 17:33 - May 1 with 1366 viewsstickymockwell

Hear me out!
IF we go up, I reckon KM could really resurrect his career just like Barkley at Luton. Everton cant afford to play him due to add-ons to Spurs, so we could get him for peanuts. Offer a performance based contract so we're not screwed if it doesn't work out.
I honestly believe that it would and Ashton and KM could persuade someone like him to jump aboard. And he's only 28.

Getting ready for pelters

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Dele Alli on 17:35 - May 1 with 1320 viewsZx1988

Even if we might be able to resurrect his career, I can't see that his attitude would fit in.

I can't remember the precise article, but I remember reading around the time of his Everton switch that he never really kicked on because he was happy that he would be set for life at the level at which he was then playing, and didn't really see the need to try any harder.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Dele Alli on 17:35 - May 1 with 1311 viewsbazza

I don’t think they will be wanting to pay wages like that. He’s on about £100k a week, let’s not bankrupt ourselves and upset everyone else with a player on that kind of money before we’ve even got there .
Dele Alli on 17:39 - May 1 with 1240 viewsKropotkin123

here, have my pelters

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Dele Alli on 17:39 - May 1 with 1218 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dewsbury-Hall is potentially available tho

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dele Alli on 17:39 - May 1 with 1228 viewsstickymockwell

Dele Alli on 17:35 - May 1 by bazza

I don’t think they will be wanting to pay wages like that. He’s on about £100k a week, let’s not bankrupt ourselves and upset everyone else with a player on that kind of money before we’ve even got there .

I would never want us to pay those wages for anyone. I was thinking that a deal could be done to release him from his contract at Everton which would probably involve some kind of pay off to enable him to play for someone else. He's never going to be offered those terms ever again.

Dele Alli on 17:40 - May 1 with 1207 viewsZx1988

Dele Alli on 17:39 - May 1 by stickymockwell

I would never want us to pay those wages for anyone. I was thinking that a deal could be done to release him from his contract at Everton which would probably involve some kind of pay off to enable him to play for someone else. He's never going to be offered those terms ever again.

Not in a proper league, but there's bound to be a Saudi team or suchlike willing to lob the cash at him if he wants to take it.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Dele Alli on 17:49 - May 1 with 1158 viewsBattersea_Blue

Undoubtedly he has the technical ability to be a really good player.

But his overall attitude sucks. I don’t think even KM could cajole an acceptable human being out of him.

Just can’t see him happily participating in/with patients at a hospice or a cancer ward as our current exceptional squad treat as a privilege to do.

IMHO he would totally disrupt our dressing room.
Dele Alli on 17:55 - May 1 with 1115 viewsChurchman

There’s already been posts about him. I know people love a big name, a star, a marquee signing. Kind of makes people feel we are part of the elite, big time. Warm with excitement.

£100k a week for two appearances for Everton in two seasons. Done nothing in years but pick up his dough. Great value. People keep waving Barkley around who has also hosed his career up the wall. Yes, he’s had a better season for probably to be relegated Luton - whoopee.

In every way I can’t see anyone more ill suited to Ipswich Town than Dele Alli. Why would you want him here? Resurrect his career? Fat chance.

Darren Anderton was a good player and there’s more chance of dear old sick note making a comeback and playing 36 straight games than 28 year old Alli making something of what’s left of his ebbing career. Somebody will be mug enough to pay a big wedge for his errrrrr, ‘services’. I hope and doubt it’ll be us.
[Post edited 1 May 18:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Dele Alli on 17:55 - May 1 with 1116 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No thanks, his career has been in the gutter for years.

That's a classic Marcus Evans signing.

Would rather take Barkley from Luton.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dele Alli on 18:26 - May 1 with 952 viewsITFC_Forever

Dele Alli on 17:39 - May 1 by FrimleyBlue

Dewsbury-Hall is potentially available tho

Think of the penalties.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Dele Alli on 18:26 - May 1 with 948 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He 100% does not have the energy levels to fit into a McKenna team.
Think Johnny Douglas vs Newcastle and you wouldn't be a mile off what we'd be watching.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Dele Alli on 18:27 - May 1 with 944 viewsJ2BLUE

This is the exact kind of signing we won't make.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dele Alli on 18:38 - May 1 with 888 viewsSWBlue22

Dele Alli on 18:26 - May 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

He 100% does not have the energy levels to fit into a McKenna team.
Think Johnny Douglas vs Newcastle and you wouldn't be a mile off what we'd be watching.

TWTD…
Dele Alli on 18:45 - May 1 with 834 viewsNutkins_Return

Absolutely not. His interview explained a lot and was heartfelt but he's not the right fit for our club and way too much baggage and risk. I would take Barkley if the wages/money isn't silly over Alli.
Dele Alli on 18:45 - May 1 with 831 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

No d1ckheads, no mercenaries!
Dele Alli on 18:49 - May 1 with 804 viewsMK1

Thankfully, this is never going to happen.
Dele Alli on 18:49 - May 1 with 797 viewsstickymockwell

So I'm guessing that's a no then

Right hear me out

I reckon KM could do something with Jesse Lingard

I'll get my coat

Dele Alli on 18:58 - May 1 with 738 viewsDaninthecampo

If he's serious about playing at the next world cup, offer him10k a week with big performance bonuses, if he agrees to that then yes I would be happy to have him here,I'm sure Kieran could turn him around
Dele Alli on 19:21 - May 1 with 662 viewsChurchman

Dele Alli on 18:58 - May 1 by Daninthecampo

If he's serious about playing at the next world cup, offer him10k a week with big performance bonuses, if he agrees to that then yes I would be happy to have him here,I'm sure Kieran could turn him around

Doubt it. Age 28, played for Spurs and England, earned a hill of money. Can you see him busting a gut or devoting his own time in the way the likes of Chaplin does? Two reserve appearances in two years. There’s more chance of Nelson getting his eye back.

Instead of KM wasting his time trying to turn washed up Alli around, I would rather it was spent, along with the £10k a week plus bonus on a hungry, promising player.
Dele Alli on 19:41 - May 1 with 560 viewsStuartBrett8

Dele Alli on 18:49 - May 1 by stickymockwell

So I'm guessing that's a no then

Right hear me out

I reckon KM could do something with Jesse Lingard

I'll get my coat

Anthony Martial is available on a Free

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024