Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race 10:21 - Apr 27 with 1292 viewsGuthrum

has told on the teams in with a shout. Especially when you consider the heavily-Prem squads of our rivals were used to eight fewer games in a season.

It's like old footage of marathons, where the one who could stagger over the line won, while others collapsed just short.

The short break courtesy of Cov and the Cup may have given us the refresh we needed for this final push. Not to mention the chance of getting players like Burns back from injury. Even if we can only get 20 or 30 minutes out of him, that could be vital.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 10:38 - Apr 27 with 1187 viewsRyorry

Particularly good point re ex-prem teams being used to fewer games.

We started the season like a rocket, hope we can replicate something of that tonight, as our last restart after a break didn’t go too well iirc. But in McKenna we trust.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 10:46 - Apr 27 with 1135 viewsNthQldITFC

It's where our team cohesion, manager and last year's experience put us way ahead of all three rivals I think. I can easily see Preston beating a loose and celebratory Leicester, and use winning our last three whilst remaining quietly resolved to stick to our processes.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 10:56 - Apr 27 with 1093 viewsSwansea_Blue

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 10:46 - Apr 27 by NthQldITFC

It's where our team cohesion, manager and last year's experience put us way ahead of all three rivals I think. I can easily see Preston beating a loose and celebratory Leicester, and use winning our last three whilst remaining quietly resolved to stick to our processes.

Last year’s experiences must have helped. We’ve been here before - just follow the routine and method and hopefully 🤞 it’ll see us over the line.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 11:01 - Apr 27 with 1043 viewsPinewoodblue

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 10:46 - Apr 27 by NthQldITFC

Which could meanTown promoted as Champions.

Hope everyone is on a good bonus, after all realistically at the start of the season promotion as Champions was unthinkable.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 11:41 - Apr 27 with 906 viewsvictorywilhappen

Never known a season like it.

I think mixing the brilliant positive football and the crowds supporting it and being post-COVID in an era of uncertainty has created a once-in-a-lifetime energy that is just expanding.

The dramatic turnaround with KMcK has been mythical. Also a nod to Ed for the feel good family factor.

It's different to other eras of success. We are living in a great point of ITFC history.
I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 11:58 - Apr 27 with 829 viewsGuthrum

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 10:38 - Apr 27 by Ryorry

Particularly good point re ex-prem teams being used to fewer games.

We started the season like a rocket, hope we can replicate something of that tonight, as our last restart after a break didn’t go too well iirc. But in McKenna we trust.

I'd settle for what we got after the last international break - two wins and a loss!

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 12:02 - Apr 27 with 795 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree, I read a quote from a manager (can't remember which one) about how every hour of recovery time counts at this time of year. Then I saw QPR had over 2 days more recovery time than Leeds. Interesting stuff.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 12:05 - Apr 27 with 767 viewsRyorry

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 11:58 - Apr 27 by Guthrum

I'd settle for what we got after the last international break - two wins and a loss!

Good job your memory’s better than mine!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 12:20 - Apr 27 with 704 viewsGuthrum

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 12:05 - Apr 27 by Ryorry

Good job your memory’s better than mine!

Stats websites are my friend
[Post edited 27 Apr 12:21]

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 12:27 - Apr 27 with 629 viewsHerbivore

I said a while back when Saints and Leeds were both flying that trying to maintain that form over more or less half a season is nigh on impossible. The gap Leicester and ourselves opened up meant any side catching us had to put in a monumental amount of effort and near flawless performances over a very long period. Leeds and Saints have shown that's incredibly difficult to sustain. Of course we're not there yet and have had a mini wobble ourselves (although we were millimetres away from being as good as up in those two home games) so not counting any chickens by any stretch. However, the consistency and relentlessness us and Leicester have ultimately shown is what might see us pip the others.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 12:46 - Apr 27 with 535 viewsTractorWood

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 12:27 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

I said a while back when Saints and Leeds were both flying that trying to maintain that form over more or less half a season is nigh on impossible. The gap Leicester and ourselves opened up meant any side catching us had to put in a monumental amount of effort and near flawless performances over a very long period. Leeds and Saints have shown that's incredibly difficult to sustain. Of course we're not there yet and have had a mini wobble ourselves (although we were millimetres away from being as good as up in those two home games) so not counting any chickens by any stretch. However, the consistency and relentlessness us and Leicester have ultimately shown is what might see us pip the others.

It's agonisingly close this year. I'm not sure I will remember the race as coherently as you! It's a mad blur to me, even now.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I really think that the length and intensity of this top-two race on 12:55 - Apr 27 with 502 viewsNedPlimpton

Also not forgetting that there's a reason why these sides were relegated last season. If they couldn't show the fight needed to stay up then, they're not likely to be able to turn it on when it matters now

I'm certainly not counting any chickens, but Southampton and Leeds both absolutely bottled their biggest games of the season this week. Let's hope we don't tonight
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024