Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. 19:05 - Apr 26 with 1569 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Tonight is one of the biggest nights in the modern era for our football club.

Huge huge evening. And we’re not even playing.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:08 - Apr 26 with 1518 viewsITFC_Forever

No it’s not.

Our three games are as our fate is in our hands.

Leeds dropping points will obviously be helpful, but we’re in control of our own destiny at the moment.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:11 - Apr 26 with 1477 viewsRozz

I'm glad none of us are giving the team talks. I can imagine this turning up on the Pinkun later for being tinpot.

It's only huge if QPR get a result. If not, business as usual.
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:15 - Apr 26 with 1444 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:11 - Apr 26 by Rozz

I'm glad none of us are giving the team talks. I can imagine this turning up on the Pinkun later for being tinpot.

It's only huge if QPR get a result. If not, business as usual.

It’s only huge if it goes in our favour? Bizarre logic.

It is huge. It is.

If QPR lose, we need 2 wins to take it to the last day of the season in our hands.

If QPR get any kind of result, we can be promoted with 2 wins from 3 games.

It’s enormous.

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:20 - Apr 26 with 1400 viewsMK1

Luckily, promotion is in our hands, regardless of tonight's game. Obviously Leeds not winning would make our journey a little less nervous, but until we play tomorrow, nothing really changes. Leeds will be gutted if we win tomorrow, so let's just try and focus on that for now.
Big game, but more so for Leeds than us.
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:23 - Apr 26 with 1365 viewsVegtablue

It's a Biggie! And what is modern these days, I'm guessing 04/05 doesn't count anymore 😓
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:23 - Apr 26 with 1360 viewsRozz

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:15 - Apr 26 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s only huge if it goes in our favour? Bizarre logic.

It is huge. It is.

If QPR lose, we need 2 wins to take it to the last day of the season in our hands.

If QPR get any kind of result, we can be promoted with 2 wins from 3 games.

It’s enormous.

I'm just trying not to get my hopes up in all honesty.

Edit: hit post prematurely.

Not enough jeopardy for me to make it a truly huge night. If results don't go our way (and the odds suggest they are unlikely to do so) we're still in control.

What a bloody evening it'll be if they nab something though!
[Post edited 26 Apr 19:28]
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:26 - Apr 26 with 1297 viewsNeedhamChris

It could be, but that doesn't mean it is.

Even if QPR win, tomorrow is the huge night not tonight.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:27 - Apr 26 with 1289 viewsgainsboroughblue

We know already that three wins will promote us. Leeds could win 18-0 tonight and that still applies.

Any points dropped from LUFC is a bonus but I'm not expecting anything and trying not to stress over it. I have faith in our lads to do this. For some reason, my confidence has increased over the week (no idea why and that may yet change tomorrow).

I include myself in this but we are in danger of going completely loopy as fans second guessing every eventuality.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:29 - Apr 26 with 1263 viewsRozz

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:27 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

We know already that three wins will promote us. Leeds could win 18-0 tonight and that still applies.

Any points dropped from LUFC is a bonus but I'm not expecting anything and trying not to stress over it. I have faith in our lads to do this. For some reason, my confidence has increased over the week (no idea why and that may yet change tomorrow).

I include myself in this but we are in danger of going completely loopy as fans second guessing every eventuality.

Pretty much where I'm at too.
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:31 - Apr 26 with 1244 viewsMK1

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:27 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

I'm the same. I have been telling anybody who asks that we are going up. For some unknown reason, I to have become even more confident of it.
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:33 - Apr 26 with 1201 viewsoldbeardy

There's no escaping that needing 2 wins out of 3 would be massively better than needing 3 out of 3
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:34 - Apr 26 with 1181 viewshomer_123

It really isn't. Not even close.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:37 - Apr 26 with 1147 viewsSwansea_Blue

We can’t affect the result tonight, so there’s no point being nervous about it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:37 - Apr 26 with 1143 viewsMK1

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:33 - Apr 26 by oldbeardy

There's no escaping that needing 2 wins out of 3 would be massively better than needing 3 out of 3

Obviously, but we are very capable of winning all 3 of our remaining games. If QPR can take some points off them, then all the better, but I really think we are going to do it regardless of Leeds.
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:38 - Apr 26 with 1134 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:34 - Apr 26 by homer_123

It really isn't. Not even close.

Of course it is.

As it stands, our top 2 chances are 11/10 (47%). If Leeds drop points tonight, it would go to around 4/9. (70%). If Leeds win, we’re looking at 6/4. (40%).

Our promotion chances swing 30% based on tonight’s result. That is anbsolutely enormous.

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:41 - Apr 26 with 1094 viewslowhouseblue

tomorrow night is a biggy. tonight we're just the play things of the gods.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:43 - Apr 26 with 1068 viewsMK1

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:38 - Apr 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Of course it is.

As it stands, our top 2 chances are 11/10 (47%). If Leeds drop points tonight, it would go to around 4/9. (70%). If Leeds win, we’re looking at 6/4. (40%).

Our promotion chances swing 30% based on tonight’s result. That is anbsolutely enormous.

The joint favorite at the Grand National fell at the 1st, so odds mean nothing.
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:44 - Apr 26 with 1049 views_clive_baker_

Feels like a bit of an exaggeration given we're not playing and not in any way control over it, but I get your point. Anyone thinking that being 1 or 2 points behind Leeds with 2 games in hand isn't significantly more favourable than being 4 points behind is kidding themselves a bit IMO.

We all understand the 'still in our hands' bit, but needing to win 1 of these 2 away games to have it in our own hands going in to the final day feels like advantage Ipswich to me. Needing to win both is probably advantage Leeds. Of course its still a possibility, we would probably go in to both as marginal favourites on paper so on that basis of course we could do it, but it goes without saying having the wiggle room would be hugely valuable.
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:48 - Apr 26 with 981 viewssaffers12

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:43 - Apr 26 by MK1

Unseated
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:57 - Apr 26 with 886 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:43 - Apr 26 by MK1

Odds are factors of probability.

The horse was 7/1 favourite. Meaning he has 12.5% chance of winning. Unseating at a jump is factored into that price.

Odds mean a lot.

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 20:03 - Apr 26 with 837 viewsNthQldITFC

Cor, it is a tiny pitch, innit.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 20:07 - Apr 26 with 810 viewsMK1

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 19:57 - Apr 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Odds are factors of probability.

The horse was 7/1 favourite. Meaning he has 12.5% chance of winning. Unseating at a jump is factored into that price.

Odds mean a lot.

Think you get the point I was making. Millwall were not favorites to beat Leicester, but they did. Just because the odds are in your favor, doesn't mean it will happen.
We all agree QPR taking points off Leeds would be great, but the FACT remains, it is still in our hands regardless of tonight's result.
I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 20:24 - Apr 26 with 688 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm with you brother.

This is huge for us IF QPR can get a result.

There's nothing wrong with hoping your rivals lose. It would be a massive help. I have confidence in Town but it would be massive ***IF*** QPR can get a point or more.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 20:25 - Apr 26 with 688 viewsVegtablue

I don’t want to make anyone even more nervous but.. on 20:07 - Apr 26 by MK1

Think you get the point I was making. Millwall were not favorites to beat Leicester, but they did. Just because the odds are in your favor, doesn't mean it will happen.
We all agree QPR taking points off Leeds would be great, but the FACT remains, it is still in our hands regardless of tonight's result.

The likelihood of events happening is important though. If we were 20 points behind with 7 games in hand, for instance, suggestions of us being in the driving seat would probably feel silly, even if technically correct. I know it's only three games for us, but two of those should be much tighter affairs than some would have us believe. What a start!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024