Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? 22:07 - Apr 22 with 3528 viewsSitfcB

Keep it two places up for grabs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:09 - Apr 22 with 2784 views_clive_baker_

Probably as we'll likely need to win 2 games anyway, which would mean we finish above Saints.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:09 - Apr 22 with 2782 viewsDubtractor

Definitely.

If Leicester win then they are more or less over the line - need to keep them in the mix and see what nerves do to them in the last games, albeit I struggle to see them not beating Preston and Blackburn.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:09 - Apr 22 with 2777 viewsPinewoodblue

Would be nice but it is our results that matter.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:12 - Apr 22 with 2728 viewsSmithersJones

I think we probably do. But unless Leeds drop points against QPR or Leicester do at Preston then they’ll have no chance of promotion on the last day and, given the injuries they’ve already got, I’d fully expect them to rest players for the play offs.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:14 - Apr 22 with 2636 viewsquad

Without a shadow of a doubt.

Southampton would have to win all their remaining games and we would have to lose twice for them to go above us. If we lose twice then we won't make top 2 regardless IMO.
Definitely (n/t) on 22:15 - Apr 22 with 2608 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:26 - Apr 22 with 2494 viewsLankHenners

Probably after tonight. Leicester have already shown they've got a wobble in them after a bit of adversity. Would still need them to drop points again though most likely.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:29 - Apr 22 with 2448 viewsbazza

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:26 - Apr 22 by LankHenners

Probably after tonight. Leicester have already shown they've got a wobble in them after a bit of adversity. Would still need them to drop points again though most likely.

They Should have lost to West Brom, think Southampton will be tough, Southampton still got it all to play for .
Login to get fewer ads

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:30 - Apr 22 with 2422 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Of course.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:34 - Apr 22 with 2374 viewsRyorry

💯

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:38 - Apr 22 with 2312 viewsPilgrimblue

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:09 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

Quite agree. If we can’t do it ourselves then we don’t deserve to finish in top two. Can’t sit back and rely on other teams. The last two games have almost killed our chances so it was in our hands but we blew it.
Get back to winning and maybe we’ll make it but somehow not confident.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:42 - Apr 22 with 2249 viewsjasondozzell

Up the Saints!!
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:47 - Apr 22 with 2195 viewsquad

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:29 - Apr 22 by bazza

They Should have lost to West Brom, think Southampton will be tough, Southampton still got it all to play for .

Southampton won't give up without a fight, but even if they beat Leicester and Leeds they will still need Leiceter, Leeds and us to all lose at least one game for them to make top 2, which seems very, very unlikely. Their chance vanished when they lost at Cardiff as far as I'm concerned.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:48 - Apr 22 with 2193 viewstractorshark

My concern would be if Southampton have nothing to play for against Leeds on the final game of the season, how bothered would they be if Leeds went up instead of us.
They've got a better chance of winning the playoffs with Ipswich in them rather than Leeds.
You'd obviously like to see the integrity of the competition upheld but...

As others have already said, it's in our hands and we need to win on Saturday. Look no further than that. No one expected Leeds to lose at home to Blackburn, no one expected Leicester to throw away their lead at the top. There will be more twists to come.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 23:39 - Apr 22 with 2042 viewsReusersTown

We always did, anyone thinking otherwise was nuts.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 07:14 - Apr 23 with 1805 viewstractorboy1978

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:09 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

True to a point but it goes without saying that you'd rather need 6 or 7 points than 9 points from 3 games. And them losing changes the pressure dynamic going into the Preston game, particularly if we beat Hull before they play that game. If Leicester win all their remaining games then we can't catch them so losing tonight is obviously the best outcome.
[Post edited 23 Apr 7:21]
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 07:36 - Apr 23 with 1713 viewsbazza

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:47 - Apr 22 by quad

Southampton won't give up without a fight, but even if they beat Leicester and Leeds they will still need Leiceter, Leeds and us to all lose at least one game for them to make top 2, which seems very, very unlikely. Their chance vanished when they lost at Cardiff as far as I'm concerned.

With Leeds still to go away to QPR and Leicester to Preston, a win tonight is a must for them, and that’s good for us, as the top two spots are on the table again.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 11:34 - Apr 23 with 1418 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I would like a Southampton win and hope that they have something to play for on 4th May. Though it would definitely be amusing to see Saints' manager's reaction to a 99th minute Leicester winner.
[Post edited 23 Apr 11:36]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 11:36 - Apr 23 with 1398 viewsN2_Blue

Absolutely, why would we want anything else. If southampton overhaul us we ain't going up automatically.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 11:37 - Apr 23 with 1389 viewsKieran_Knows

I can't see why a draw wouldn't be the perfect result?

Just about keeps Leicester in reach, and just about ends Southampton's chances for top 2.

Would take that all day long. A win for Southampton and we're looking over our shoulder at potentially finishing 4th.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 11:43 - Apr 23 with 1351 views_clive_baker_

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 11:37 - Apr 23 by Kieran_Knows

Just about keeps Leicester in reach, and just about ends Southampton's chances for top 2.

Would take that all day long. A win for Southampton and we're looking over our shoulder at potentially finishing 4th.

Leicester wouldn't be in reach though really given they would be 3 points ahead with a miles better GD. To overtake them but not stay above Southampton is massively unlikely. I would've agreed had Saints beaten Cardiff or had Leeds lost last night.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 12:02 - Apr 23 with 1275 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 11:37 - Apr 23 by Kieran_Knows

We're going to need to win 2 games I think, and Southampton won't catch us if we do that. I want Leicester to lose and go into Preston away and Blackburn at home under pressure.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 12:11 - Apr 23 with 1215 viewsN2_Blue

No, because a draw puts Leicester 3 points ahead of us which is not good because of their GD. It means they have to drop points in both the last two games which is unlikely.

A draw is not a good result, we need southampton to win i think, people are too concerned with Southampton.

Sotuthampton and Leeds can't both win on the last day
[Post edited 23 Apr 12:13]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 12:17 - Apr 23 with 1169 viewsitfcjoe

Currently bookies have it at:

Leicester - 88.8%
Leeds - 57.1%
Ipswich - 51.8%
Saints - 2.3%

Think the only result that sees our number higher tomorrow, is a draw.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 12:27 - Apr 23 with 1109 viewstextbackup

Yeah fck it.

I’d say do all we can to avoid scum in playoffs, but them and wba are neck and neck, so it doesn’t really matter anymore.

That said, as pathetic as we were vs them, we won’t do that again, so I’m confident we’d do them over 2 legs, or the final

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024