Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint 18:27 - Apr 21 with 2780 viewsZx1988

Utterly heartbreaking for Coventry, and an illustration of all that's wrong with moder football.

But...

Perfect for ITFC in terms of physical and emotional toll? Especially that last minute 'winner'.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:29 - Apr 21 with 2739 viewsMark

Hard to say, as a cup final could have been a distraction for them.

VAR is taking the joy out of football, as is playing semi finals at Wembley, scrapping replays and bombarding us with advertising.
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:30 - Apr 21 with 2692 viewspointofblue

More so if we'd been playing them this week. By the 30th they may have worked it out of their system.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:31 - Apr 21 with 2652 viewstonybied

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:29 - Apr 21 by Mark

Hard to say, as a cup final could have been a distraction for them.

VAR is taking the joy out of football, as is playing semi finals at Wembley, scrapping replays and bombarding us with advertising.

I guess Wednesday might show us if that's true or not when they play Hull.
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:31 - Apr 21 with 2649 viewsiamatractorboy

I thought Coventry, for 20 mins of normal time and the whole of extra time, were superb. Tough tough game Tuesday week. But to be brutal, maybe that defeat will suck the enthusiasm out of them a tad!
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:32 - Apr 21 with 2616 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure about that Coventry play Hull Wednesday and could give Hull the edge. Would prefer Hull to be out of the play off fight come 8pm Saturday.

Guess a win for Norwich on Saturday would put it beyond doubt.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:32 - Apr 21 with 2615 viewscbower

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:30 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

More so if we'd been playing them this week. By the 30th they may have worked it out of their system.

If they don’t beat Hull, I think they will have too much to do to make the play offs when the play us.

bluescouser

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:40 - Apr 21 with 2439 viewsSitfcB

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:32 - Apr 21 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure about that Coventry play Hull Wednesday and could give Hull the edge. Would prefer Hull to be out of the play off fight come 8pm Saturday.

Guess a win for Norwich on Saturday would put it beyond doubt.

Need a draw in Cov v Hull and then a Norwich win on Saturday. Pls.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:44 - Apr 21 with 2389 viewspointofblue

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:40 - Apr 21 by SitfcB

Need a draw in Cov v Hull and then a Norwich win on Saturday. Pls.

Having to bring myself to cheer for Norwich? Yeuch.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:49 - Apr 21 with 2313 viewsCrawfordsboot

Disappointing for Coventry and the romantics but they got very lucky with the penalty award (Grealish got away with a very similar ball to hand for City) and then a very lucky deflection!
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 18:53 - Apr 21 with 2254 viewsVaughan8

Maybe I'm being thick but how isnthat going to help us?

Mostly likely going to be out the playoff race by the time we play them anyway.

They have 2 more games before us.
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 19:03 - Apr 21 with 2174 viewsfranz_tyson

I still don't understand how this result gives us an advantage.... but ..... whatever.

If anything, this result or the extra time on the legs gives Hull an advantage midweek... and they're our next opponents. But if we're in the business of finding advantages from anywhere then so be it.
We might just have to beat some teams with good old fashioned nous and a bit of elbow grease.
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 19:07 - Apr 21 with 2147 viewstractorboy1978

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 19:03 - Apr 21 by franz_tyson

I still don't understand how this result gives us an advantage.... but ..... whatever.

If anything, this result or the extra time on the legs gives Hull an advantage midweek... and they're our next opponents. But if we're in the business of finding advantages from anywhere then so be it.
We might just have to beat some teams with good old fashioned nous and a bit of elbow grease.

They should be absolutely shattered physically and mentally by the time we play them on the 30th. 120 mins in the legs today (heartbreaking loss) then they play again against Hull Wednesday and Blackburn on Saturday, after which they will most likely be out of the play off running.

All whilst we’ve had two weeks off to rest and focus on these next two games, which I imagine McKenna has been preparing for as a double header.
[Post edited 21 Apr 19:08]
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 19:19 - Apr 21 with 2066 viewslmfcblue

Or they have a stronger mentality than that and want to give every ounce of energy they have for their club and manager!
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 19:34 - Apr 21 with 1941 viewsStewart27

I would have thought a Coventry win would have had them nicely distracted and maybe resting players for the final.

I don’t know what I want any more.
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 19:56 - Apr 21 with 1794 viewsSwansea_Blue

Absolutely perfect, unless they come out flying determined to put that game behind them and take out their frustration on us.

Impossible to predict innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 20:01 - Apr 21 with 1754 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Cov play twice before they play us. Including a last chance saloon shootout with Hull. As opposed to us playing once. I think its good.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 20:20 - Apr 21 with 1641 viewsEastTownBlue

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 19:34 - Apr 21 by Stewart27

I would have thought a Coventry win would have had them nicely distracted and maybe resting players for the final.

They probably would have been distracted although doubt they would have rested players three and a half weeks ahead of a final though.
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 20:56 - Apr 21 with 1448 viewsBloomBlue

Physical maybe. They played today, then midweek, then Sat, then midweek.
Emotional could be the opposite, ie it makes them even more determined to get into the playoffs.
Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 23:09 - Apr 21 with 1134 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 19:34 - Apr 21 by Stewart27

'zactly.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 23:51 - Apr 21 with 1016 viewsTheBoyBlue

So Coventry losing is a good thing for us because they'll be disheartened against us.

But wait, they'll be disheartened for Hull, which will mean that Hull will be more confident against us.

Unless Coventry will be determined to get over this result or playing with freedom against us, so today is bad for us. Which means they'll beat Hull who then have no pressure against and that makes it harder for us. Or easier.

After reading this thread and others I think the players are right to just focus on themselves, one game at a time!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Perfect from an ITFC viewpoint on 08:44 - Apr 22 with 628 viewsBattersea_Blue

Personally I think the Coventry players will feel exhilarated after that performance. They took Man Utd all the way, outplayed them for the last half hour of normal time.

If that doesn't give them confidence I don't know what will.

Sure, they'll be disappointed at going out and for that last gasp "goal" to be ruled out, but they'll be thinking they can cut it in the Prem and go all out to win their remaining league games.

There may be some tiredness when they play Hull on Wednesday but by the time they play us, particularly if they pick up 2 good results beforehand, they'll be really up for it against us, unless Norwich and WBA have made it impossible for them to make 5th or 6th.

KM and the players will not think about any of that. They'll just prepare as they always do for each game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024