Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical penalty question 18:26 - Apr 11 with 1335 viewsKeno

Just imagine we actually get a dubious penalty awarded which if scored secured promoted

Who would want you to take?
[Post edited 11 Apr 18:32]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Hypothetical penalty question on 18:28 - Apr 11 with 1316 viewsMK1

Me.
Hypothetical penalty question on 18:32 - Apr 11 with 1282 viewsKeno

Hypothetical penalty question on 18:28 - Apr 11 by MK1

Me.

Are you Tommy Miller or John Wark?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Hypothetical penalty question on 18:34 - Apr 11 with 1276 viewsmutters

All time, Matt Le Tisser
Current, Haaland

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Hypothetical penalty question on 18:36 - Apr 11 with 1266 viewsMK1

Hypothetical penalty question on 18:32 - Apr 11 by Keno

Are you Tommy Miller or John Wark?

No, but I was a match day mascot years ago and scored a penalty against Paul Cooper. He was the penalty saving king of his time and he didn't get anywhere near it.
[Post edited 11 Apr 18:42]
Hypothetical penalty question on 18:46 - Apr 11 with 1230 viewsZx1988

Was discussing this with a chum last night. I've got a terrible terrible feeling that we'll get a penalty as the last kick of the Huddersfield game, with the scores level and needing a win to secure automatic promotion. Leeds' and Leicester's matches will have already finished, so it really would be a case of promotion being decided by a single kick.

The complicating factor would most likely be that the 'starters' would have left the pitch, and the taker would have to be chosen from the 'finishers'. Depending on recoveries, perhaps this would mean one of Moore or Hirst would still be on the pitch, in which case I'd give it to whichever of them has come on.

It's tough to say, otherwise. I'm assuming a likely pool, from the attackers, of Al Hamadi, Jackson, Hutchinson, Harness, or Sarmiento? Perhaps Jackson from that lot?

Otherwise I'd maybe go a little left-field with either Taylor or Davis.

It's a good question!

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Hypothetical penalty question on 18:51 - Apr 11 with 1212 viewsFrimleyBlue

Morsy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hypothetical penalty question on 18:55 - Apr 11 with 1207 viewsTrumptonBlue

Hypothetical penalty question on 18:46 - Apr 11 by Zx1988

Was discussing this with a chum last night. I've got a terrible terrible feeling that we'll get a penalty as the last kick of the Huddersfield game, with the scores level and needing a win to secure automatic promotion. Leeds' and Leicester's matches will have already finished, so it really would be a case of promotion being decided by a single kick.

The complicating factor would most likely be that the 'starters' would have left the pitch, and the taker would have to be chosen from the 'finishers'. Depending on recoveries, perhaps this would mean one of Moore or Hirst would still be on the pitch, in which case I'd give it to whichever of them has come on.

It's tough to say, otherwise. I'm assuming a likely pool, from the attackers, of Al Hamadi, Jackson, Hutchinson, Harness, or Sarmiento? Perhaps Jackson from that lot?

It's a good question!

Jackson's penalty success rate for Town is 0 from 2, so I'd rather it wasn't him.
Hypothetical penalty question on 19:00 - Apr 11 with 1186 viewsiamatractorboy

Hypothetical penalty question on 18:34 - Apr 11 by mutters

All time, Matt Le Tisser
Current, Haaland

Ivan Toney. I'd be willing to bet he would score. And so would he.
Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical penalty question on 19:04 - Apr 11 with 1172 viewsMK1

It's a good question!

If I am not going to be immortalized into Ipswich folk law, then I guess I want Clarke or Woolfenden to go down in Town history.
Hypothetical penalty question on 20:00 - Apr 11 with 1084 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's a good question!

I think Moore is probably our first choice taker at the moment. I reckon Hirst may well be second choice on them once fit too. I would certainly trust either of them (although anyone can still miss and if it was that scenario it would be extraordinary pressure).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hypothetical penalty question on 20:37 - Apr 11 with 1020 viewsStewart27

Davis or Morsy.

As they are the ones I’d pick who would likely be finishing the game.
Hypothetical penalty question on 20:51 - Apr 11 with 999 viewsIllinoisblue

Wolfy. Panenka.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hypothetical penalty question on 21:11 - Apr 11 with 952 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Morsy.

For such a clean striker of the ball, Chaplins penalties aren’t great. In a massive moment I’d want our leader to take responsibility

Poll: Our final position

Hypothetical penalty question on 21:52 - Apr 11 with 871 viewsitfc_bucks

Morsy.

He's the only one I'd have absolute faith in having enough bottle to take it to the best of his ability.
Hypothetical penalty question on 21:59 - Apr 11 with 860 viewsJ2BLUE

Chaplin.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hypothetical penalty question on 09:54 - Apr 12 with 623 viewsGarv

Hate to say it but not Chaplin.

Broadhead.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Larsen Toure on 09:57 - Apr 12 with 615 viewsDyland

For sure.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hypothetical penalty question on 12:09 - Apr 12 with 550 viewsReus30

Morsy would be my number 1 but Jack Taylor would also be right up there if he was on the pitch. Jezza would be 3rd.

As much as I would love Clarke to step up and smash it in, imagine the pressure!

Edit - changed my mind. Gotta be Jez for the scenes!
[Post edited 12 Apr 12:13]
Hypothetical penalty question on 12:10 - Apr 12 with 547 viewsjayessess

I think the current player I'd have most confidence in would be Kieffer Moore.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Hypothetical penalty question on 12:25 - Apr 12 with 512 viewstractorboy1978

Taylor. Best/cleanest striker of the ball we have. Couldn't believe he didn't take the one against Bristol City.
[Post edited 12 Apr 12:25]
Hypothetical penalty question on 12:27 - Apr 12 with 497 viewsbilllm

Broadhead,
Hypothetical penalty question on 13:19 - Apr 12 with 415 viewsVegtablue

A Clarke - Woolf effort in the mould of Pires - Henry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024