Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok soo Watford... 23:24 - Apr 9 with 2873 viewsWicklowBlue

Let's keep our feet on the ground!

Watched their game against Leeds and they looked handy, Asprilla and Bayo looked sharp and speedy. Matched Leeds for a lot of that game and deserved a draw.

Their finishing is a big issue but but I think this is a potential banana skin for us, as you could say all our games are.

Not sure why but this game concerns me..... they do have quality players.

Let's hope they are on the beach cheesed off. Reassure me please, am I wrong to be happy to get a point from this, 3 points would be amazing?
Ok soo Watford... on 23:28 - Apr 9 with 2814 views_clive_baker_

I think they’re really good and better than their league position suggests. Quick, physical, attack with purpose, bags of talent. They’re painfully inconsistent though, hopefully we can put in a classic Town under McKenna performance and pick them off, it’s a big one innit.
Ok soo Watford... on 23:30 - Apr 9 with 2787 viewsN2_Blue

Why would you be happy to take a point from a home game aginst a side in mid table with no real form when we have only dropped about 10 points at home all season. There is nothing to fear from them.

No saying it means we'll definitely win but not in a million years would i ever settle for a point in a game like this.

One has to consider its probably likely we will drop points from the two away games. A win tomorrow would be priceless.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Ok soo Watford... on 23:34 - Apr 9 with 2764 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We are good enough to beat Watford at home. It doesn't guarantee that it will happen but we are a far better team as the 36 point gap testifies.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ok soo Watford... on 23:38 - Apr 9 with 2732 viewsTonytown

Ok soo Watford... on 23:34 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are good enough to beat Watford at home. It doesn't guarantee that it will happen but we are a far better team as the 36 point gap testifies.

All of our remaining games are hard ones, but any sort of win tomorrow puts us back on top and heaps pressure on the others.

We need 2 massive efforts from the players who then have a 2 week break to recharge before the last week where we may have Wes and George available from the bench to help too.

Lots more twists and turns to come and hopefully both Leicester and Leeds will drop more points between now and the end of the season.

We rarely do comfortable wins, but one tomorrow would be worth its weight in gold
Ok soo Watford... on 23:40 - Apr 9 with 2726 viewsWicklowBlue

Ok soo Watford... on 23:30 - Apr 9 by N2_Blue

Why would you be happy to take a point from a home game aginst a side in mid table with no real form when we have only dropped about 10 points at home all season. There is nothing to fear from them.

No saying it means we'll definitely win but not in a million years would i ever settle for a point in a game like this.

One has to consider its probably likely we will drop points from the two away games. A win tomorrow would be priceless.

Hear me out, I think they are better than theree league position. Hopefully there mid table position makes a difference but I'm not so sure that is the case anymore.

Anyhow all I'm saying is I'm worried a Watford is a bigger challenge than we think. Happy for the more informed to reassure me.

Either way one game at at a time, maybe I'm overthinking Watford....
Ok soo Watford... on 23:45 - Apr 9 with 2667 viewstextbackup

Play like we did Saturday and we get nothing. Need to be 100% better…

Based on how we’ve bounced back after defeats this season, I’m confident we’ll react in the right way.

Watford are decent though.

I’ll go 2-1

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ok soo Watford... on 23:50 - Apr 9 with 2632 viewsDouble_Dutch

Ok soo Watford... on 23:28 - Apr 9 by _clive_baker_

I think they’re really good and better than their league position suggests. Quick, physical, attack with purpose, bags of talent. They’re painfully inconsistent though, hopefully we can put in a classic Town under McKenna performance and pick them off, it’s a big one innit.

Agreed, they do have quick, physical and quite skilful players in their squad, who have underachieved. They are in principle a team of individuals though and, you never knew which team would turn up on the day. Tom Cleverly, has made them resemble more of a team though in his limited time in charge, so we definitely need to be on our game tomorrow.
Ok soo Watford... on 23:59 - Apr 9 with 2596 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Ok soo Watford... on 23:40 - Apr 9 by WicklowBlue

Hear me out, I think they are better than theree league position. Hopefully there mid table position makes a difference but I'm not so sure that is the case anymore.

Anyhow all I'm saying is I'm worried a Watford is a bigger challenge than we think. Happy for the more informed to reassure me.

Either way one game at at a time, maybe I'm overthinking Watford....

All Championship teams could win a game against any other Championship team, as results this season show.

But, objectively, at Home this season Ipswich have won 15, drawn 4 and lost 1 of 20 matches.

Away, Watford have won 7, drawn 7 and lost 6 of 20 matches.

Those stats suggest the balance of probability lies on an Ipswich win, followed by a draw, with a Watford win being the least likely result.

Crude extrapolation, with no adjustment for the relative quality of teams played, or the form that they were in at the time of the relevant match, would give these percentage chances:

Ipswich win 52.5%
Draw 27.5%
Watford win 20%

(Weighting each of the 20 Ipswich match results at Home and 20 Watford match results away at 2.5% and multiplying, then adding Ipswich Home wins to Watford Away losses, Ipswich Home draws to Watford Away draws and Watford Away wins to Ipswich Home losses)
[Post edited 10 Apr 0:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Ok soo Watford... on 00:16 - Apr 10 with 2546 viewsIPSWICHINIO

I really hope this doesn't come back to bite me, but I think Watford are a near perfect opponent for us to be playing tomorrow. They have good individual players but they are extremely inconsistent, plus they don't have anything to play for. They also play wide open football, and that can only benefit us at Portman Road. I'd much rather be playing Watford tomorrow than a Millwall who would stick 11 men behind the ball and no doubt score with a set-piece/corner.

I thought they were excellent against Leeds but they tired badly early in the second-half, and looks like the same happened against West Brom. I've got a feeling we will win this 3-0 - 1-0 heading into HT with two goals added between 70-90mins
Ok soo Watford... on 00:40 - Apr 10 with 2482 viewspointofblue

Ok soo Watford... on 23:45 - Apr 9 by textbackup

Play like we did Saturday and we get nothing. Need to be 100% better…

Based on how we’ve bounced back after defeats this season, I’m confident we’ll react in the right way.

Watford are decent though.

I’ll go 2-1

The alarm bell is ringing for me because McKenna has openly flagged illness and knocks being a concern. Hopefully he is being clever, and taking the pressure off whilst trying to get the crowd behind the players if they show signs of struggling. Six points going into the mini-break will be priceless. But, if he’s been fully honest, we could be running on empty. The performance against QPR is still fresh in my memory.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ok soo Watford... on 00:58 - Apr 10 with 2435 viewsJ2BLUE

We can win. They have some very good players and will be dangerous.

We need to be on it. With the two away games we have you would think we need to win our home games.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ok soo Watford... on 02:09 - Apr 10 with 2356 viewsFelixBlue4

Possibly unpopular opinion but are we now at a point in the season where we take off the shackles and just go for it? We have had many games this season where we have ground out results, some people would say we have been lucky others believe you make your own luck.
Do we continue to do the same as or just go for it knowing we have the play off games to fall back on if needed?
It’s almost certain that both Leeds and Leicester will be working hard to take every point possible and both have been a bit shaky of late. We know we are a little vulnerable at the back I don’t think we have enough to catch the goal difference of the other teams, I feel that we have held back a little at times and the plan B could just be all out attack and taking the shackles off.
Ok soo Watford... on 08:23 - Apr 10 with 1733 viewsHerbivore

Ok soo Watford... on 02:09 - Apr 10 by FelixBlue4

Possibly unpopular opinion but are we now at a point in the season where we take off the shackles and just go for it? We have had many games this season where we have ground out results, some people would say we have been lucky others believe you make your own luck.
Do we continue to do the same as or just go for it knowing we have the play off games to fall back on if needed?
It’s almost certain that both Leeds and Leicester will be working hard to take every point possible and both have been a bit shaky of late. We know we are a little vulnerable at the back I don’t think we have enough to catch the goal difference of the other teams, I feel that we have held back a little at times and the plan B could just be all out attack and taking the shackles off.

This is a really bizarre take. You think we've not been going for it in games and holding back?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ok soo Watford... on 09:26 - Apr 10 with 1501 viewsNthQldITFC

Ok soo Watford... on 23:30 - Apr 9 by N2_Blue

Yes, 100%, but then why does one have 'to consider its probably likely we will drop points from the two away games'?

I suppose given that 'probably' and 'likely' might both be interpreted mathematically as 51%, then your 'probably likely' must equate to 0.51*0.51 = 26% chance of dropping 'points' from the away games which means, inversely, that there's a 74% chance that we'll take all six!

Yours, Carol Vorderman.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Ok soo Watford... on 09:46 - Apr 10 with 1435 viewsGuthrum

Ok soo Watford... on 08:23 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

This is a really bizarre take. You think we've not been going for it in games and holding back?

Indeed, not quite sure what shackles we can take off. We've been playing a 4- or 5-man front formation for much of the season.

Typically something like:
Hirst/Moore
Broadhead - Chaplin - Burns/Hutchinson
Plus Davis.

That's not counting other players in and around the box, such as Morsy, Luongo and Clarke/Tuanzebe.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ok soo Watford... on 09:48 - Apr 10 with 1421 viewsHerbivore

Ok soo Watford... on 09:46 - Apr 10 by Guthrum

Indeed, not quite sure what shackles we can take off. We've been playing a 4- or 5-man front formation for much of the season.

Typically something like:
Hirst/Moore
Broadhead - Chaplin - Burns/Hutchinson
Plus Davis.

That's not counting other players in and around the box, such as Morsy, Luongo and Clarke/Tuanzebe.

The reason we concede so many at home is a by product of our all out attack approach. Short of playing rush goalie and swapping Hladky for Al-Hamadi, I'm not sure we can go for it much more.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ok soo Watford... on 10:01 - Apr 10 with 1378 viewsMullet

Ok soo Watford... on 23:28 - Apr 9 by _clive_baker_

Think we might see AAH and Kayden start to optimise our pace and power up front and try and give them something to think about.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ok soo Watford... on 10:49 - Apr 10 with 1274 viewsm14_blue

Ok soo Watford... on 08:23 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

TBF, we've only scored 84 goals
Ok soo Watford... on 11:24 - Apr 10 with 1141 viewsBluedandy

Thanks to the psychological trauma of the Evans era you could have made a case for us losing every game this season.

Turns out though that we're actually quite good.

Now's not the time to lose the faith.
Ok soo Watford... on 11:56 - Apr 10 with 1045 viewsitfcsuth

Going for a tight game, still a threatening side Watford, despite league position.

Dangerous front line.

No Ken Sema who caused us serious problems at their place on the left.
Ok soo Watford... on 12:58 - Apr 10 with 942 viewsVaughan8

No way should we be happy for a point.

At home to 14th place. Yes maybe their form is better than their position etc, but still.

The 2 away games are harder and so for that reason, I think we need to win all 3 home games to go up automatically.
Ok soo Watford... on 14:57 - Apr 10 with 768 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Just want to enjoy a comfortable win with no stress like the 6 nil against Sheff Wed. I know it won't be though. Blood pressure through the roof again I fear!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024