Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? 17:16 - Apr 9 with 1636 viewsunstableblue

Lets move away from derby ticketgate shall we.

This evening is significant, and I'm not talking Arsenal v Bayern!

Here's what's going down in the Championship, thoughts and predictions - BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Millwall 19:45 Leicester City
The Den is getting just that little more noisy and that bit more intimidating since Neil Harris' return. BUT the uptick in form on his return that saw a win against Brum, has really dropped away. With terrible losses against Hudds and Rotherham, that's seen them drop into the mire. 2 points off the dropzone. They need a turn around - dare we dream its tonight?
Leicester were very close to a morale sapping home draw to Brum, but a late goal has got to have given them a boost. I can see a run coming for them.

Leicester Win.

Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Queens Park Rangers
Neither out of the relegation picture. Both in mixed form. Perhaps we want a draw so they're both still fighting when the play Leicester and Leeds respectively. Maybe a home win so Plymouth are buoyed ahead of the visit of Leicester and to prove their in-house managerial appointment was a good move.

Draw

Preston North End 19:45 Huddersfield Town
Preston still have a vague play-off chance, and my word wouldn't we like them to replace Norwich. But more importantly they are still to entertain Leicester. Have Hudds turn a corner after their massive weekend win?! Preston form far superior and strong at home (bar recent Stoke loss)

Preston Win

Sheffield Wednesday 19:45 Norwich City
Very big crowd incoming. 5000 tickets been given to local groups to for their 5000th league fixture. And the away win at QPR has further increased hope in the Weds fan base of survival, as their love-in with Danny Rohl continues. Norwich form is good and buoyed by derby and the target of securing 6th. But they are weak away from home and if Weds can get going the crowd could turn it.

Owls Win

Southampton 19:45 Coventry City
Are Southampton on the beach?! not really as play-offs are guaranteed. But pressure is off and that might help. They'll want to create good form in the last 5 games to take into the play-offs. They are also automatic king makers with games against both Leeds and Leicester - will take the foot off the gas as they'd prefer Ipswich? a bit silly I'd suggest. Its about winning, and showing they were good enough for automatics. Coventry are rocking, in good league form (despite a Cardiff home wobble), and go to Wembley in 2 weeks for a Man U semi. But the real story is their expensively assemble strikeforce have really clicked.

Saints Win

Leeds United 20:00 Sunderland
Oh Sunderland what the feck has gone wrong. A total mess and a season going very wrong, out of the play-off mix some time ago. And their current form is no better. A chastening 5-1 home loss to a Blackburn team clicking again. But Jack Clarke is newly back. Does that give us hope what with Leeds losing to Coventry. Naaaah.

Leeds Win

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 17:21 - Apr 9 with 1589 viewsIllinoisblue

Anything less than wins for Leeds and the Leicester cheaters would be a great night. Hard to see it but it is that time of year when strange things happen. Still feels like Saints aren’t quite completely out of it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 17:33 - Apr 9 with 1524 viewsLankHenners

Sunderland at home is one of the easiest fixtures in the league right now - they've screwed it up and are just waiting for the season to end. Hard to see past a comfortable Leeds victory.

Think there's a chance Millwall scrap themselves a point. Slight dip in form after impressing immediately after Harris came back in but unbeaten at home since his return, including defeating Watford and holding West Brom to a draw. Leicester win still the most likely outcome but feels like they're staggering towards the finish line and a proper physical contest might ruffle their feathers somewhat.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 17:41 - Apr 9 with 1492 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Can’t see anything other than Leicester & Leeds wins unfortunately. Millwall have the better chance of an upset. Sunderland were tripe when they still had something to play for. Now they’ll be on the beach and chances are Leeds will be improving their goal difference even further.
Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 18:35 - Apr 9 with 1334 viewsJ2BLUE

Expecting Leeds and Leicester to win

Would take Leicester winning and Leeds drawing right now if offered.

Couldn't care less about the other games.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 18:43 - Apr 9 with 1311 viewsMK1

Leicester and Leeds draw. Sheff Weds and Coventry win.
Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 18:49 - Apr 9 with 1285 viewsTheBoyBlue

I can't envisage anything but Leicester and Leeds wins with those fixtures, but I've thought that a few times this season and been proved wrong, so here's hoping!
[Post edited 9 Apr 19:15]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 18:50 - Apr 9 with 1262 viewsDubtractor

Would love to see Leeds and Leicester slip up tonight, but seems unlikely, even allowing for end of season nerves, especially Leeds at home to Sunderland.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 18:51 - Apr 9 with 1253 viewsSomethingBlue

Leeds with a comfortable 3-0 against opponents who are dialling it in. Leicester may be briefly inconvenienced before winning 3-1.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Ugbo out for Sheff Weds… big blow for them, big boost for Naaaarwich (n/t) on 18:54 - Apr 9 with 1228 viewsunstableblue

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 18:55 - Apr 9 with 1216 viewsunstableblue

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 18:51 - Apr 9 by SomethingBlue

Leeds with a comfortable 3-0 against opponents who are dialling it in. Leicester may be briefly inconvenienced before winning 3-1.

Unfortunately I expect you are right

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 18:58 - Apr 9 with 1189 viewsVanSaParody

Anyone who mathematically, their season is effectively over, v someone still desperate for points whichever end of the table, may still be a challenge & not necessarily "on the beach" as this is the part of the season where they may blood youngsters with no fear

I don't think Sunderland have ever had a victory v Leeds that'll be remembered through history - I quite fancy this tonight!!!
Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 19:30 - Apr 9 with 1082 viewsDBaldy

Really wouldn't surprise me if the scum lose at the Wendies, after the lord mayor's show and all that.

Anything other than a win for Leicester and Leeds would be massive, can't see it though.
Good press and energy from Millwall - hard for 90mins - Norwich cruising (n/t) on 20:07 - Apr 9 with 975 viewsunstableblue

80% poss Leeds; Saints showing strength; great night for Norwich, Leics patient (n/t) on 20:27 - Apr 9 with 899 viewsunstableblue

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 20:32 - Apr 9 with 853 viewsPique

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 18:58 - Apr 9 by VanSaParody

Anyone who mathematically, their season is effectively over, v someone still desperate for points whichever end of the table, may still be a challenge & not necessarily "on the beach" as this is the part of the season where they may blood youngsters with no fear

I don't think Sunderland have ever had a victory v Leeds that'll be remembered through history - I quite fancy this tonight!!!

Clearly you didn't watch the 1973 FA Cup final.
Clarke firing up for the Black Cats; Millwall end half strongly (n/t) on 20:37 - Apr 9 with 795 viewsunstableblue

Huge game between Hull and Boro tomorrow on 20:55 - Apr 9 with 673 viewsunstableblue

The winner climbs above Coventry

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 21:53 - Apr 9 with 589 viewsVanSaParody

Tonight in the Championship - what we thinking? what we hoping? on 20:32 - Apr 9 by Pique

Clearly you didn't watch the 1973 FA Cup final.

Oh, the irony!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024