Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... 13:26 - Apr 9 with 1262 viewsford6600

Just seen Waitrose are selling two excellent Porters; St Peter's Plum Porter and Titanic Plum Porter!! Going for £5 for three, a bargain, Titanic at 4.9% alc costs around a fiver a pint in pubs. Prefer a pint of cool Titanic draught, goes down well. No ice of course. Never had St Peter's on draught. It's April and Porters still in supermarket can't be bad...
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 13:29 - Apr 9 with 1247 viewsSteve_M

Meantime London Porter whilst Meantime is just about still going, has a nice bitterness to it. I quite like the Fuller's one too but a bit more chocolatey.

Sainsbury's had this in the other week, liked that too:

https://www.badgerbeers.com/our-beers/master-stoat/

Talking of dark beers, anyone seen Adnam's Oyster Stout out yet this year? Not sure I've had any since after the Exeter game last year, Oyster Stout in one hand, prosecco in the other!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 13:41 - Apr 9 with 1211 viewsford6600

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 13:29 - Apr 9 by Steve_M

Meantime London Porter whilst Meantime is just about still going, has a nice bitterness to it. I quite like the Fuller's one too but a bit more chocolatey.

Sainsbury's had this in the other week, liked that too:

https://www.badgerbeers.com/our-beers/master-stoat/

Talking of dark beers, anyone seen Adnam's Oyster Stout out yet this year? Not sure I've had any since after the Exeter game last year, Oyster Stout in one hand, prosecco in the other!

Meantime LP draught a very nice smooth cool pint.
Fuller's LP a good standby pint as usually available, when other more exotic fruity Porters hard to find..
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 13:46 - Apr 9 with 1192 viewsZx1988

I've always enjoyed St Peter's Honey Porter, although it does seem to be quite difficult to get hold of.

A fairly complex taste, but very enjoyable if you like your dark beers to be a little bit more than a generic porter.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 18:16 - Apr 9 with 1129 viewsWeWereZombies

One of the smaller brewers in Suffolk, Earl Soham, have a decent porter - Sir Roger's.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 18:33 - Apr 9 with 1114 viewsjayessess

There's a couple of good ones that I get from the Craft Ale shop: Anspach and Hobday is one, the other was by Orbit Beers (Both South London), called Dead Wax.

Also had a good stout the other day, by J.W. Lees (Manchester).

Reckon, you might be able to find any of the above in Hopsters on St. Nicholas Street.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 18:49 - Apr 9 with 1102 viewsMK1

Susan Porter. Girl at secondary school.
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 18:53 - Apr 9 with 1096 viewsSwansea_Blue

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 18:49 - Apr 9 by MK1

Susan Porter. Girl at secondary school.

Are you sure ‘she’ was a Susan and not a ‘Shoe-Shan? You can’t easily tell these days.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 19:15 - Apr 9 with 1077 viewshoppy

I was in Colchester last night, and had a try of this one, which was quite a nice one...

https://othermonkeybrewing.com/product/dreaming-of-evil/

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 19:19 - Apr 9 with 1068 viewsnorfsufblue

My favourite ever is still Brazilian by Colchester Brewery, anything that tops it is going to be a fantastic beer!
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 19:31 - Apr 9 with 1046 viewshoppy

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 19:19 - Apr 9 by norfsufblue

My favourite ever is still Brazilian by Colchester Brewery, anything that tops it is going to be a fantastic beer!

Would you have a Brazilian as a hair of the dog?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 20:49 - Apr 9 with 1004 viewsford6600

In October a great fruit Porter appears, Mauldons Blackberry Porter 4.8%, often in Wetherspoons..and the rarer Mauldons Cherry Porter also 4.8%.
Harrogate Plum Porter 4.8%(loads of plum) is nice, but Elland 1872 Porter 6.5% is also a superb strong Porter...
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 20:59 - Apr 9 with 991 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I'm lucky to live close enough to the Titanic brewery to be able to enjoy this... not seen it in the supermarkets. They do a cherry one too.

https://www.titanicbrewery.co.uk/shop/bottled-beers/plum-porter-grand-reserve-po
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 21:04 - Apr 9 with 981 viewsford6600

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 20:59 - Apr 9 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I'm lucky to live close enough to the Titanic brewery to be able to enjoy this... not seen it in the supermarkets. They do a cherry one too.

https://www.titanicbrewery.co.uk/shop/bottled-beers/plum-porter-grand-reserve-po

Have you done the Titanic brewery tour?
The after tour tasters would be awesome
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 22:02 - Apr 9 with 952 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 21:04 - Apr 9 by ford6600

Have you done the Titanic brewery tour?
The after tour tasters would be awesome

Yes I have, lovely little brewery, there was plenty of the session beers offered for tasters too.

Recommended, if you find yourself in Stoke... there's not much else to do!

Wincle, Weetwood and Red Willow are Cheshire offerings and all do some tasty stuff.
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 22:34 - Apr 9 with 934 viewsWeWereZombies

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 19:31 - Apr 9 by hoppy

Would you have a Brazilian as a hair of the dog?

Hmmm, cutting it a bit fine with that one...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 23:02 - Apr 9 with 913 viewsitfcjoe

Gail, fantastic arse

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 23:07 - Apr 9 with 898 views_clive_baker_

_clive_baker_ has to be in with a shout.

Oh sorry, porter.
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 23:12 - Apr 9 with 892 viewsPhilTWTD

Will Hay.

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 01:35 - Apr 10 with 836 viewsTony73

We had a good experience at Stoke away with Titanic Plum Porter. My first experience of it was Port Vale last year at the Bulls Head so looked up where it was sold for Stoke this year and saw the Bod cafe by Stoke station (owned by Titanic Brewery). However when we arrived it had a sign on the door saying 'By order of the police no football fans' so I joked with the guy on the door I'd travelled 200 miles for a pint of it after Port Vale last year. Turned out was same guy on the door as Bulls Head the year before and on seeing me and my little boy went in to see what he could do. He returned with a smile and said 'Take your scarf off and come in' so had couple of pints pre match in the Bod cafe before walking along the canal to stadium. This small gesture made a huge difference to overall day and despite performance/result is one of best away days this season in no small part due to this.
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 12:51 - Apr 10 with 715 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://fb.watch/rmbx5ntq57/
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 13:03 - Apr 10 with 701 viewskeighleyblue

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 20:49 - Apr 9 by ford6600

In October a great fruit Porter appears, Mauldons Blackberry Porter 4.8%, often in Wetherspoons..and the rarer Mauldons Cherry Porter also 4.8%.
Harrogate Plum Porter 4.8%(loads of plum) is nice, but Elland 1872 Porter 6.5% is also a superb strong Porter...

I'd give you two uppies for the Elland 1872 if I could. Best beer in the UK IMO. Sadly no longer available as Elland is yet another regional independent that's bitten the dust recently.
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 18:29 - Apr 11 with 538 viewsford6600

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 13:03 - Apr 10 by keighleyblue

I'd give you two uppies for the Elland 1872 if I could. Best beer in the UK IMO. Sadly no longer available as Elland is yet another regional independent that's bitten the dust recently.

Used to always look out for Elland Porter at beer festivals. Sad news indeed re demise of Elland Brewery.
Any chance the Porter will return under a new owner?
Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 18:32 - Apr 11 with 536 viewsford6600

Favourite Porter? a supreme Winter beer... on 01:35 - Apr 10 by Tony73

We had a good experience at Stoke away with Titanic Plum Porter. My first experience of it was Port Vale last year at the Bulls Head so looked up where it was sold for Stoke this year and saw the Bod cafe by Stoke station (owned by Titanic Brewery). However when we arrived it had a sign on the door saying 'By order of the police no football fans' so I joked with the guy on the door I'd travelled 200 miles for a pint of it after Port Vale last year. Turned out was same guy on the door as Bulls Head the year before and on seeing me and my little boy went in to see what he could do. He returned with a smile and said 'Take your scarf off and come in' so had couple of pints pre match in the Bod cafe before walking along the canal to stadium. This small gesture made a huge difference to overall day and despite performance/result is one of best away days this season in no small part due to this.

Glad the Bod guy used common sense. Sounds a good set up with Titanic beers at station. Cheers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024