Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club comments have made it worse 08:10 - Apr 9 with 7238 viewsITFC_Blood

The club said it was "disappointed" by the reaction and said it did not hand out 20% of its allocation to "staff or hangers on".
It said a "limited allocation" went to players as normal and to staff who regularly attend games.

We all know the staff had a plus one they could take!

Oh dear do they think about these statements

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Club comments have made it worse on 08:14 - Apr 9 with 4441 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I hope they’re not missing the point - nobody sensible cares about the ordinary course stuff it’s the fact that people who would never had otherwise been at Norwich away got priority access (perhaps via a club staff member) to a ticket. Even 1 is too many and that is what needs to change in a review of their processes.

Very unapologetic language at the end which is bizarre. Just hold your hands up to a mistake and move on.
Club comments have made it worse on 08:18 - Apr 9 with 4380 viewsITFC_Blood

Club comments have made it worse on 08:14 - Apr 9 by PrideOfTheEast

I hope they’re not missing the point - nobody sensible cares about the ordinary course stuff it’s the fact that people who would never had otherwise been at Norwich away got priority access (perhaps via a club staff member) to a ticket. Even 1 is too many and that is what needs to change in a review of their processes.

Very unapologetic language at the end which is bizarre. Just hold your hands up to a mistake and move on.

We all know the club gave out 400 and each staff member had a plus one

This double down lie and “disappointing “ comment is a big F you

Oh how to make a situation worse.

Let’s hope some one with these email screen shot pops up and shows clearly the matter

Club comments have made it worse on 08:21 - Apr 9 with 4337 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Club comments have made it worse on 08:18 - Apr 9 by ITFC_Blood

We all know the club gave out 400 and each staff member had a plus one

This double down lie and “disappointing “ comment is a big F you

Oh how to make a situation worse.

Let’s hope some one with these email screen shot pops up and shows clearly the matter

Yep. The 2 emails I’ve seen are pretty conclusive.
Club comments have made it worse on 08:23 - Apr 9 with 4307 viewsyesjohn99

Don’t think some of the staff at David Lloyd fall under that umbrella!!
Club comments have made it worse on 08:25 - Apr 9 with 4263 viewsITFC_Blood

Club comments have made it worse on 08:21 - Apr 9 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep. The 2 emails I’ve seen are pretty conclusive.

Are you able to forward?

Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 08:27 - Apr 9 with 4238 viewsunstableblue

Watford at home is massive.

We need zero negativity, and total support.

The Norwich game was a bad day at the office. We know we can bounce back. But a bad vibe around the fan base and a weak support on Weds, and we inhibit the players.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Club comments have made it worse on 08:29 - Apr 9 with 4155 viewsElephantintheRoom

Didfums

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Club comments have made it worse on 08:31 - Apr 9 with 4164 viewsredrickstuhaart

This all started from a rumour without a specific source...
Login to get fewer ads

Club comments have made it worse on 08:36 - Apr 9 with 4077 viewsyesjohn99

Club comments have made it worse on 08:31 - Apr 9 by redrickstuhaart

This all started from a rumour without a specific source...

Someone I know whose wife works at the club went to the match, said person has never seen Ipswich live in his life…..in his words ‘went for the experience’.
Club comments have made it worse on 08:37 - Apr 9 with 4038 viewsTractorCam

Where?

Edit: Nevermind, seen the BBC link.
[Post edited 9 Apr 8:40]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Club comments have made it worse on 08:40 - Apr 9 with 3978 viewsredrickstuhaart

Club comments have made it worse on 08:36 - Apr 9 by yesjohn99

Someone I know whose wife works at the club went to the match, said person has never seen Ipswich live in his life…..in his words ‘went for the experience’.

As I said...
Club comments have made it worse on 08:41 - Apr 9 with 3954 viewsGlasgowBlue

There is a danger that this will over shadow the end of the season, where we need zero negativity
I get people are severely pissed off but this is better being addressed in the closed season imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Club comments have made it worse on 08:42 - Apr 9 with 3904 viewsITFC_Blood

Club comments have made it worse on 08:41 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

There is a danger that this will over shadow the end of the season, where we need zero negativity
I get people are severely pissed off but this is better being addressed in the closed season imo.

Or a simple statement saying all the right things

Not one branding the fans disappointing ffs

Club comments have made it worse on 08:43 - Apr 9 with 3892 viewsReuser_is_God

This.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Club comments have made it worse on 08:43 - Apr 9 with 3895 viewsColchesterFan1992

Definitely didn’t go to people who attend games, my mate works at the club and they all got tickets, he got his late on Friday as they had a whole batch that they couldn’t shift late on so a few got more than 2. 8 of them went with about 5 home games over last few years between them 0 away.
Club comments have made it worse on 08:47 - Apr 9 with 3824 viewsitfcjoe

Ultimately staff (and their plus 1s) had the opportunity to take 1 of 200 tickets they had allocated

Plus there were 150-200 of the usual comps which is on the high end, as you’d expect.

I don’t think anyone disputes that the usual comps are fair enough, because players and first team staff will always have friends and families there etc…

But these staff have the opportunity to buy tickets to the same games as everyone else, and a number of staff do go week in week out….but a massive error to open it up to those who don’t go regularly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Club comments have made it worse on 08:47 - Apr 9 with 3795 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This x2

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Club comments have made it worse on 08:47 - Apr 9 with 3803 viewsEuropablue

He got what he deserved.
Anyone, who actually went was punished enough by the performance and result.
Unfortunately, when there is success a lot of people come out of the woodwork and the most deserving lose their chance to support the club.
In the year we won the playoffs we used to go to pretty much every home game apart from the odd few because of other commitments. My dad always thought we could always just get tickets at the gate, but of course our support was not recognized when it came to the playoffs and we missed the home leg of the semi-final. Fortunately, we did get some tickets to Wembley and we did alright out of the Premier League ballot considering, but when we went into administration my Dad bought a debenture for 10 years and renewed it for another 10.
I can't get over for many games, but I have managed to see at least one match per year. I took one daughter and my son to watch the Sheffield Wednesday match last season, but this season, my dad could only get one ticket for Plymouth.
Club comments have made it worse on 08:48 - Apr 9 with 3795 viewsSitfcB

Yep, need to move on.

Sure it’ll come up at the next fans forum, and that’s the time to do it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Club comments have made it worse on 08:50 - Apr 9 with 3762 viewsTractorCam

Club comments have made it worse on 08:47 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

Ultimately staff (and their plus 1s) had the opportunity to take 1 of 200 tickets they had allocated

Plus there were 150-200 of the usual comps which is on the high end, as you’d expect.

I don’t think anyone disputes that the usual comps are fair enough, because players and first team staff will always have friends and families there etc…

But these staff have the opportunity to buy tickets to the same games as everyone else, and a number of staff do go week in week out….but a massive error to open it up to those who don’t go regularly

Indeed. This points system was surely implemented with this Norwich away game in mind, given it being at the end of the season. Seems odd to take away quite a significant portion of tickets from fans, some who will have spent more/ done more miles than usual to try and get to this game.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Club comments have made it worse on 08:50 - Apr 9 with 3762 viewsNthQldITFC

I too can understand the frustration and even anger, but if you feel that way maybe it's worth considering whether you should just let it go and move on now. I doubt it will happen again.

Ask yourself: "What's more important? Being rightfully angry about this, or supporting Town in every way possible through these last few games of this glorious couple of seasons?"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Club comments have made it worse on 08:53 - Apr 9 with 3688 viewsbobbyramsey

Playing devils advocate here and not really understanding the away "ticketing thing". Surely, tickets are made available to players, staff and plus ones for ALL games, it's always been this way and I expect it always will be, it's a perk of the job isn't it? Obviously the uptake is going to be higher for a local derby (400) than a trip to Middlebrough (50?)

What happens to tickets that are not taken up by players, staff and plus ones e.g. Middlesbrough, are they re-sold or are they "written off?"
Club comments have made it worse on 08:55 - Apr 9 with 3628 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Club comments have made it worse on 08:50 - Apr 9 by NthQldITFC

I too can understand the frustration and even anger, but if you feel that way maybe it's worth considering whether you should just let it go and move on now. I doubt it will happen again.

Ask yourself: "What's more important? Being rightfully angry about this, or supporting Town in every way possible through these last few games of this glorious couple of seasons?"

With a reminder that ITFC_Blood got two tickets for the game, so why he's so furious about it and myself and others who missed out, are disappointed to not get a ticket but are not as angry as he/she/they are is a question in and of itself.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Club comments have made it worse on 08:58 - Apr 9 with 3565 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Club comments have made it worse on 08:43 - Apr 9 by ColchesterFan1992

Definitely didn’t go to people who attend games, my mate works at the club and they all got tickets, he got his late on Friday as they had a whole batch that they couldn’t shift late on so a few got more than 2. 8 of them went with about 5 home games over last few years between them 0 away.

Tickets for the Carrow Road game should have gone entirely to those who have been to the most away games.
That they went to anybody else is totally unacceptable. If the club want to reward their workers fine, no problem, but not THAT game.
I say this as some one with no axe to grind as I have not been to an away game this year.
The Club repeatedly goes on about how important it is for the fans to get behind the team. Which is what has happened this year. But a friend that is a Budgie said to me our fans were surprisingly quiet. Of course they were, there too many hangers on and free loaders who did not care.
The management should admit they got it wrong.
They should apologise to all the clubs supporters and the team because our normal support was diluted just at the time it was needed most.
What if we dont go up because of the 3 points thrown away in this match ?
Finally at the end of the season change the rules so that by all means reward workers but NOT AT CARROW ROAD. That match is for true Blues only.
Club comments have made it worse on 09:00 - Apr 9 with 3527 viewsITFC_Blood

Club comments have made it worse on 08:55 - Apr 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

With a reminder that ITFC_Blood got two tickets for the game, so why he's so furious about it and myself and others who missed out, are disappointed to not get a ticket but are not as angry as he/she/they are is a question in and of itself.

Yes I did as I had enough points and did the hard miles this season to earn it

I’m annoyed at the lies buddy and fans who missed out.

As Sitters said fans forum will be the place to say.

Time to focus on 2 massive games, we all want to be arguing over tickets for Anfield next season don’t we!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024