Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. 17:13 - Apr 8 with 3568 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Who else is with me? A 400 second protest against what has happened this weekend…

Of course I’m being facetious here and please nobody actually do this. I know what happened / didn’t happen Saturday has wound a lot of people up (and rightly so) but we need to look forwards and put it behind us, much like the result.

I may have been one of the ones to get a ticket if there had been a few hundred more on sale but the way I look at it is that the club’s (possible) misstep has just saved me from a depressing journey back home and some manhandling from Norfolk constabulary.

Now isn’t the time for us to turn on the club. Five cup finals to go. Uppa Towen.
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 17:32 - Apr 8 with 3416 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm taking a banner.

Some Things Money Can't Buy

Norwich Tickets Isn't One: (Wrath of) The Barclays

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 17:35 - Apr 8 with 3375 viewswitchdoctor

plod were fine on Saturday …far more relaxed than the last time I went.
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 17:48 - Apr 8 with 3258 views_clive_baker_

Innit.

Hopefully the club does something to at least acknowledge the sh1t show that Norwich ticketing was and puts measures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again.

That said it's the time for unity. Hooge game Wednesday against Watford, a win would set us up lovely for Boro on Saturday, and the chance to go into a bit of a break in the season on 93 (NINETY THREE) points, guaranteed to still be in the top 2 by at least 1 point, and with it all in our hands going in the the final 3 games of the season.

OGAAT though, lets get the W against the Hornets and keep pushing.
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 18:01 - Apr 8 with 3155 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 17:48 - Apr 8 by _clive_baker_

Innit.

Hopefully the club does something to at least acknowledge the sh1t show that Norwich ticketing was and puts measures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again.

That said it's the time for unity. Hooge game Wednesday against Watford, a win would set us up lovely for Boro on Saturday, and the chance to go into a bit of a break in the season on 93 (NINETY THREE) points, guaranteed to still be in the top 2 by at least 1 point, and with it all in our hands going in the the final 3 games of the season.

OGAAT though, lets get the W against the Hornets and keep pushing.

Should have been a quick Monday morning apology, “hands up, we misjudged the situation, won’t happen again” statement. Fuss over, we all move on.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 18:08 - Apr 8 with 3094 viewspointofblue

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 18:01 - Apr 8 by Illinoisblue

Should have been a quick Monday morning apology, “hands up, we misjudged the situation, won’t happen again” statement. Fuss over, we all move on.

Yeah, it's like they're taking the government approach - stay quiet and hope it all goes away.

Saying that, it's not the players fault and they need all the support we can give on Wednesday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 18:09 - Apr 8 with 3075 viewsWhos_blue

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 17:32 - Apr 8 by J2BLUE

I'm taking a banner.

Some Things Money Can't Buy

Norwich Tickets Isn't One: (Wrath of) The Barclays

Banner?

Banner?

I'm going full on bedsheet!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 18:21 - Apr 8 with 3015 viewsZx1988

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 18:08 - Apr 8 by pointofblue

Yeah, it's like they're taking the government approach - stay quiet and hope it all goes away.

Saying that, it's not the players fault and they need all the support we can give on Wednesday.

I emailed Ashton yesterday and got a response from him this evening (surprised still, though, that there's no official line). Brief summary:

Why don't you trust us?
Wasn't 400.
Usual processes followed in line with every game (player comps and staff allowed a batch of tickets).

No apology, or answer to the question of how many were taken from the allocation, or how affected fans will be identified and put right.

I don't go to many away games myself - I'm sure the regulars will be able to form an opinion on the veracity of Ashton's claims that this is no different to usual.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 19:26 - Apr 8 with 2737 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 18:21 - Apr 8 by Zx1988

I emailed Ashton yesterday and got a response from him this evening (surprised still, though, that there's no official line). Brief summary:

Why don't you trust us?
Wasn't 400.
Usual processes followed in line with every game (player comps and staff allowed a batch of tickets).

No apology, or answer to the question of how many were taken from the allocation, or how affected fans will be identified and put right.

I don't go to many away games myself - I'm sure the regulars will be able to form an opinion on the veracity of Ashton's claims that this is no different to usual.

If it wasn’t 400 why did Norfolk Police tweet mention 1600 Town fans? Something doesn’t add up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 20:04 - Apr 8 with 2534 viewsMullet

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 18:09 - Apr 8 by Whos_blue

Banner?

Banner?

I'm going full on bedsheet!

Never go full bedsheet.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 20:49 - Apr 8 with 2290 viewsitfcsuth

I’ll be honest, I don’t think it’s a huge issue, nothing out of the ordinary.

I’ve used comps from friends, both at Ipswich, and for other teams, both for ‘big’ league games, and cup finals etc.

It’s standard for the club to allocate comps to players, staff & commercial partners, usually between 2 & 4, and almost certainly all the tickets for Norwich will be taken.
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 21:14 - Apr 8 with 2151 viewslazyblue

Get a grip, forget it and move on as we are going for promotion.
We lost the game (again) and a few (we all know it wasn’t 400) fans didn’t get to see us lose, laughable what some people get upset about.
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 21:20 - Apr 8 with 2109 viewsMK1

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 21:14 - Apr 8 by lazyblue

Get a grip, forget it and move on as we are going for promotion.
We lost the game (again) and a few (we all know it wasn’t 400) fans didn’t get to see us lose, laughable what some people get upset about.

People are entitled to be upset if they were one of those who may have got a ticket, but yes, the players weren't at fault and need our support. Let's put it behind and give the lads our full support. They have earnt it, so let's give it.
It was 421 wasn't it....? on 21:26 - Apr 8 with 2079 viewsBloots

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 18:21 - Apr 8 by Zx1988

Why don't you trust us?
Wasn't 400.

....so technically he's correct.

He really isn't the sort of character to admit he's ever done anything wrong and will make various vague comments on every matter without committing to anything specific. That way he can never get called out on anything.

I've come across dozens of senior managers like him in my life.

"I've created an atmosphere where I'm a friend first and a boss second. Probably an entertainer third"

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 21:42 - Apr 8 with 1983 viewsPioneerBlue

This is a matter for a fans forum not PR. By all means make your own thoughts known and protest in your own special way but for me PR is about promotion this season not voicing grievances over ticket policy.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 22:00 - Apr 8 with 1877 viewsstonojnr

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 21:20 - Apr 8 by MK1

People are entitled to be upset if they were one of those who may have got a ticket, but yes, the players weren't at fault and need our support. Let's put it behind and give the lads our full support. They have earnt it, so let's give it.

but the reality is actually no they arent entitled to be upset about it at all.

the away tickets didnt sell out on the first day, that meant anyone who had been to enough away games to get enough points to match the criteria would have got a ticket, and so those that didnt get a ticket just didnt go to enough away games.

its that straightforward, theres nothing to get annoyed about here, people are just angsty because we lost, move on.
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 09:50 - Apr 9 with 1259 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 22:00 - Apr 8 by stonojnr

but the reality is actually no they arent entitled to be upset about it at all.

the away tickets didnt sell out on the first day, that meant anyone who had been to enough away games to get enough points to match the criteria would have got a ticket, and so those that didnt get a ticket just didnt go to enough away games.

its that straightforward, theres nothing to get annoyed about here, people are just angsty because we lost, move on.

Absolute nail on the head. Had we won no one would have given a toss.

Build a bridge and get over it. Onto Watford!
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 10:04 - Apr 9 with 1206 viewstextbackup

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 09:50 - Apr 9 by oncebluealwaysblue

Absolute nail on the head. Had we won no one would have given a toss.

Build a bridge and get over it. Onto Watford!

BS, more would be annoyed they missed a win at CR.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 10:16 - Apr 9 with 1147 viewsSteve_M

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 10:04 - Apr 9 by textbackup

Yes, the idea that fans can't hold two thoughts at the same time about Saturday is all rather patronising. As is the idea that still being a bit irritated about the tickets is more important to any Town fan than wanting three points tomorrow.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 10:20 - Apr 9 with 1123 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 10:04 - Apr 9 by textbackup

I couldn't disagree more. Had we won, no one would have given a solitary. We'd have finally ended that hoodoo and moved further clear of Leeds.
[Post edited 9 Apr 10:24]
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 11:57 - Apr 9 with 968 viewsford6600

Perhaps a chant of '400' '400' '400' '400'
might be more fitting, then forget the Norwich fiasco on and off the pitch and concentrate on beating Watford.
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 13:34 - Apr 9 with 814 viewstextbackup

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 10:20 - Apr 9 by oncebluealwaysblue

I couldn't disagree more. Had we won, no one would have given a solitary. We'd have finally ended that hoodoo and moved further clear of Leeds.
[Post edited 9 Apr 10:24]

I find it incredible that a town fan wouldn’t be annoyed that Shirley, who is married to Greg who stands on the entrance of the centre spot restaurant, got to watch ITFC beat ncfc at Carrow Road, even though she took a book and didn’t watch a single moment.

But then I guess sone fans are just better than others.

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 13:48 - Apr 9 with 728 viewstivo

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 13:34 - Apr 9 by textbackup

I find it incredible that a town fan wouldn’t be annoyed that Shirley, who is married to Greg who stands on the entrance of the centre spot restaurant, got to watch ITFC beat ncfc at Carrow Road, even though she took a book and didn’t watch a single moment.

But then I guess sone fans are just better than others.

I suppose many of us manage to not get annoyed at made up scenarios.
I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 13:48 - Apr 9 with 715 viewsZx1988

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 13:48 - Apr 9 by tivo

Calm down, Mark.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 13:51 - Apr 9 with 681 viewstextbackup

I’m not taking my seat until 6m 40s on Wednesday. on 13:48 - Apr 9 by tivo

Ah, another one terrified that a few negative comments on a forum will result in a points deduction or something.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024