Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson 17:22 - Apr 6 with 1377 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He has to start in Burns' place.

I know some fans don't like him, and he is by no means better than Broady, Omari or Chaplin. But this system needs someone on the wing who can stretch teams and run in behind like Burns does. Kayden Jackson can do that.

We made it far too easy for Nodge today. 3 small players who want balls in to feet and their big centre halves could force them to play back the way they were facing. But they were so slow it is unreal. Needs someone to stretch the pitch. Good news on Burns' Injury. That week off is going to be a big help for us.
[Post edited 6 Apr 17:25]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kayden Jackson on 17:25 - Apr 6 with 1329 viewstextbackup

Having Moore against two giants today was the weirdest Mick like thing I’ve seen here since… well mick.

Them two CBs had the easiest game of football they’ll have all seasoned

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kayden Jackson on 17:27 - Apr 6 with 1284 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Kayden Jackson on 17:25 - Apr 6 by textbackup

Having Moore against two giants today was the weirdest Mick like thing I’ve seen here since… well mick.

Yep, bread and butter for them. And even when he did win the headers there was no runners off him.

That game was perfect for Hirst, perfect. A versatile striker who can come short or go in behind.

Not blaming Moore he did all he could. But he was fighting a losing battle all day.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kayden Jackson on 17:31 - Apr 6 with 1239 viewsLankHenners

Thought he might have come on for Chaplin with Omari pushed into the centre to give us something different, rather than stick Harness on who I just couldn't see having any real impact.

Admittedly it was a (very) difficult opponent but thought Jackson looked quite lost against Southampton when he started, thought we looked better once we had players who can take and use the ball better on.

You're right though, Burns is a big miss - his direct running and physicality to make things awkward for his marker are a big help for us. Sounds like his injury isn't as bad as first feared so hopefully he's back soon.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Kayden Jackson on 17:39 - Apr 6 with 1180 viewsford6600

When Harness came on and was soon struggled off the ball, felt we had thrown the towel in. Perhaps Travis would have made more impact..
Kayden Jackson on 17:45 - Apr 6 with 1128 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Kayden Jackson on 17:31 - Apr 6 by LankHenners

Thought he might have come on for Chaplin with Omari pushed into the centre to give us something different, rather than stick Harness on who I just couldn't see having any real impact.

Admittedly it was a (very) difficult opponent but thought Jackson looked quite lost against Southampton when he started, thought we looked better once we had players who can take and use the ball better on.

You're right though, Burns is a big miss - his direct running and physicality to make things awkward for his marker are a big help for us. Sounds like his injury isn't as bad as first feared so hopefully he's back soon.

I thought Jackson did ok vs Saints. Final ball was questionable but his off the ball work was great. Managed to get in behind a few times against a far more mobile defence than Norwich.

I absolute love Omari, he’s a super player. But I don’t think it’s any surprise he’s been slightly less effective starting all the games as opposed to his best form that came when he was coming off the bench, then coming back in and having his minutes managed.

Kayden Jackson on 17:48 - Apr 6 with 1097 viewsLankHenners

Kayden Jackson on 17:45 - Apr 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

I thought Jackson did ok vs Saints. Final ball was questionable but his off the ball work was great. Managed to get in behind a few times against a far more mobile defence than Norwich.

I absolute love Omari, he’s a super player. But I don’t think it’s any surprise he’s been slightly less effective starting all the games as opposed to his best form that came when he was coming off the bench, then coming back in and having his minutes managed.

Other thing with Omari is he's now being flogged a bit whereas before he could be rested by staying on the bench for most of the game then replacing Burns towards the end.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Kayden Jackson on 17:48 - Apr 6 with 1083 viewstetchris

Moore clearly wasn’t fit.

Should have started with Al Hamidi.
Kayden Jackson on 18:39 - Apr 6 with 956 viewsbilllm

Moore has changed our style and not for the better,
Not many pull backs now all direct in the box easier to defend,
Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson on 18:54 - Apr 6 with 906 viewssmithy69

Kayden Jackson on 18:39 - Apr 6 by billlm

Moore has changed our style and not for the better,
Not many pull backs now all direct in the box easier to defend,

We have lost 2 since his 1st game of starting. Hardly say he has effected us in a negative way . Without him there is no way we would be where we are
Kayden Jackson on 18:56 - Apr 6 with 891 viewsibbleobble

I thought the biggest tactical blunder was leaving Fabio Wardley in the stands when Ashley Barnes was on the pitch.
Kayden Jackson on 20:23 - Apr 6 with 711 viewscressi

No thanks he can't pick a man out apart from working hard his not good enough for top championship level and il never see it differently 5 decent games a season.
Kayden Jackson on 20:27 - Apr 6 with 685 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kayden Jackson on 20:23 - Apr 6 by cressi

No thanks he can't pick a man out apart from working hard his not good enough for top championship level and il never see it differently 5 decent games a season.

Pick a man out like he did broady recently.

Just stick to his strengths and he will do a job.
If you're asking him to become a whittaker that he is not.

Just get the ball on the flanks and tell your forwards to get on the front post and one on the middle of the box.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kayden Jackson on 20:29 - Apr 6 with 671 viewsVaughan8

The other players mentioned can get a goal out of Nothing.

Broadhead and Chaplin haven't been great this last half of the season, but they can get goals out of nothing/even when they're playing rubbish.

Jackson does not. However, he probably more Burns-like than any of the others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024