Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong 20:33 - Apr 4 with 4188 viewsElderGrizzly

Tw*t

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 21:15 - Apr 4 with 3640 viewsElderGrizzly

How are Norwich spending £24m. 😂

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 21:19 - Apr 4 with 3596 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Well we've had "lucky" and "deflections" and "drugs". Financial doping was clearly next on the list.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 21:29 - Apr 4 with 3509 viewsNthQldITFC

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 21:15 - Apr 4 by ElderGrizzly

It's their contracted professional silver polisher bloke, who had a clause inserted in his contract that if the club gave him no work they would have to bump his salary up by £250,000 every year, and would not be able to sack him.

He's celebrating his 90th birthday this year.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 21:45 - Apr 4 with 3394 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, Reach PLC formerly known as Mirror Group. Explains the ineptitude. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Reach_plc_titles

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 21:53 - Apr 4 with 3350 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This is the killer line for me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 22:00 - Apr 4 with 3270 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 21:53 - Apr 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

What a clown. ‘I’ve no idea what I’m talking about, but I’ll spout bollox anyway’.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 02:58 - Apr 5 with 2694 viewsIllinoisblue

The Derek Davis of the North

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 08:53 - Apr 5 with 2297 viewstractorboy1978

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 21:53 - Apr 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

He's right though to a point. What we are doing is phenomenal and he's being a bit disingenuous but our budget does dwarf the likes of Luton, Huddersfield and Blackpool.

Not sure where the £11.4m comes from in the above tweet but in our last set of accounts (last season) our total wages were £17.4m. Wages will be a fair chunk higher than that this year. We will never know the split between playing and non-playing staff.
Login to get fewer ads

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 08:55 - Apr 5 with 2266 viewsDubtractor

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 08:53 - Apr 5 by tractorboy1978

He's right though to a point. What we are doing is phenomenal and he's being a bit disingenuous but our budget does dwarf the likes of Luton, Huddersfield and Blackpool.

Not sure where the £11.4m comes from in the above tweet but in our last set of accounts (last season) our total wages were £17.4m. Wages will be a fair chunk higher than that this year. We will never know the split between playing and non-playing staff.

The accounts we released last week did have a split between playing and non playing wages.

That said, that £11.4m playing staff wages will have gone up this season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:01 - Apr 5 with 2228 viewstractorboy1978

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 08:55 - Apr 5 by Dubtractor

The accounts we released last week did have a split between playing and non playing wages.

That said, that £11.4m playing staff wages will have gone up this season.

Sorry you are right - £12.7m for last season.
Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:03 - Apr 5 with 2213 viewsDubtractor

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:01 - Apr 5 by tractorboy1978

Sorry you are right - £12.7m for last season.

The way I look at it, is that we were clearly very big spenders in league one terms, but prob lower mid table in championship terms.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

tbf that's unfair on Deckchair on 09:06 - Apr 5 with 2194 viewsDyland

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 02:58 - Apr 5 by Illinoisblue

The Derek Davis of the North

And that's a really, really low bar.

Honestly, it's just clickbait isn't it? He should be embarrassed. "I don't know the actual figures, but..." Arf ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:11 - Apr 5 with 2145 viewsVanSaParody

Yorkshire... journo...

Leeds fan, by any chance?

COYFB's!!!
Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:12 - Apr 5 with 2141 viewstractorboy1978

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:03 - Apr 5 by Dubtractor

The way I look at it, is that we were clearly very big spenders in league one terms, but prob lower mid table in championship terms.

I expect we are around mid-table (and that doesn't include loan fees for likes of Williams, Moore, Sarmiento and Hutchinson). We are doing phenomenally - especially to compete against 3 really strong, financially dominant ex-PL clubs in Southampton, Leeds and Leicester (who have broken the rules too). I am not trying to take anything away from us at all.

I don't think it's unfair to say it's less of a 'fairytale' than Luton, Huddersfield or Blackpool getting promoted (if we do it) though personally.
Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:16 - Apr 5 with 2121 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 21:15 - Apr 4 by ElderGrizzly

Wages on Duffy, Barnes and Batth for their final pay day. Loans like van Hooijdonk and the Forest player won't be cheap either. All with no resale value and in the first three cases no chance to shift them off the wage bill until the end of their contracts either.

All that means unless they go up, they will need to sell the assets they have like sara. That is unless the new investment comes in and allows them to remain within spending rules.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:20 - Apr 5 with 2075 viewsSacrebleu

How many points do we get for being frugal?
Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:23 - Apr 5 with 2055 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:20 - Apr 5 by Sacrebleu

How many points do we get for being frugal?

I suppose that depends on how you look at it and how many points those that flagrantly break the spending rules end up actually being deducted. This season, none, but in future seasons quite possibly a significant number.

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:35 - Apr 5 with 1997 viewsSacrebleu

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:23 - Apr 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I suppose that depends on how you look at it and how many points those that flagrantly break the spending rules end up actually being deducted. This season, none, but in future seasons quite possibly a significant number.

Hope so. Owners with big wallets are killing the game and taking away a feeling of ownership by the fans.
Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:39 - Apr 5 with 1958 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:35 - Apr 5 by Sacrebleu

Hope so. Owners with big wallets are killing the game and taking away a feeling of ownership by the fans.

There is still a question over whether the rules adequately deal with that and how they will be changed. It has potential but I won't hold my breath.

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:49 - Apr 5 with 1896 viewspointofblue

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:11 - Apr 5 by VanSaParody

Yorkshire... journo...

Leeds fan, by any chance?

COYFB's!!!

Sheffield Wednesday by the looks of it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 12:10 - Apr 5 with 1679 viewsEuropablue

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:12 - Apr 5 by tractorboy1978

I expect we are around mid-table (and that doesn't include loan fees for likes of Williams, Moore, Sarmiento and Hutchinson). We are doing phenomenally - especially to compete against 3 really strong, financially dominant ex-PL clubs in Southampton, Leeds and Leicester (who have broken the rules too). I am not trying to take anything away from us at all.

I don't think it's unfair to say it's less of a 'fairytale' than Luton, Huddersfield or Blackpool getting promoted (if we do it) though personally.

It's also a different context. This is probably the toughest Championship season ever with three big clubs coming down with lots of valuable players and parachute payments. The season is not over yet, so we don't know what we are talking about, but another big difference is that we are talking about back to back promotions and potentially winning the league.
One big difference is that Luton is a small club with a tiny ground and small fanbase with not much historical success. So in that way it is more of a fairytale because we are more like sleeping giants of at least the kind of club that you would expect to be in the Premier League of the top 10 of the Championship.
Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 12:30 - Apr 5 with 1548 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Indeed, the last 2 seasons in League One we spent more than every other team in the league, then more than the whole league combined in fees. Our wage bill last season was comfortably the highest in the league

Obviously that isn’t the case this season but using figures from 2 years ago isn’t reflective either, our wage bill this season will again be higher and my own best guess is we’ll be just inside the top half. So a phenomenal achievement to be where we are still but not quite to the levels some are suggesting in this thread

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Agreed on 12:38 - Apr 5 with 1504 viewsDyland

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 12:30 - Apr 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Indeed, the last 2 seasons in League One we spent more than every other team in the league, then more than the whole league combined in fees. Our wage bill last season was comfortably the highest in the league

Obviously that isn’t the case this season but using figures from 2 years ago isn’t reflective either, our wage bill this season will again be higher and my own best guess is we’ll be just inside the top half. So a phenomenal achievement to be where we are still but not quite to the levels some are suggesting in this thread

As others have said, a "fairytale" it ain't.

Remarkable achievement vs the three relegated clubs (plus some other parachute doped teams) though? Aye.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 13:16 - Apr 5 with 1371 viewsgiant_stow

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 09:16 - Apr 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wages on Duffy, Barnes and Batth for their final pay day. Loans like van Hooijdonk and the Forest player won't be cheap either. All with no resale value and in the first three cases no chance to shift them off the wage bill until the end of their contracts either.

All that means unless they go up, they will need to sell the assets they have like sara. That is unless the new investment comes in and allows them to remain within spending rules.

Just on a point of detail, I'm sure I read that Ben Gibson is our highest player on 60 grand a week.

Says a lot about the bind relegated clubs find themselves in I think. Obviously, the parachute payments are a big advantage, but it should be remembered that a lot of that will be spent on previously dishes out unsuccesful contracts which have to be honoured.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 13:55 - Apr 5 with 1210 viewsjayessess

Yorkshire ‘journalist’ getting it all wrong on 12:10 - Apr 5 by Europablue

It's also a different context. This is probably the toughest Championship season ever with three big clubs coming down with lots of valuable players and parachute payments. The season is not over yet, so we don't know what we are talking about, but another big difference is that we are talking about back to back promotions and potentially winning the league.
One big difference is that Luton is a small club with a tiny ground and small fanbase with not much historical success. So in that way it is more of a fairytale because we are more like sleeping giants of at least the kind of club that you would expect to be in the Premier League of the top 10 of the Championship.

Yeah, a huge part of the achievement for me is the calibre of the relegated teams we were competing with.

If we'd come up in 2022, we'd have been competing with two teams who'd only had a 1-year stint in the Premier League (Norwich and Watford), who'd been relegated with 22 and 23 points respectively. Only Burnley were a long-standing Premier League club who'd had a real chance of avoiding relegation. All three clubs have relatively modest fanbases too. One of the other two teams with parachute payments (West Brom) was also on the verge of going bust.

Compare that with this season and all three relegated teams had multi-year stints in the top division, which means they can anticipate longer parachute payments and have accumulated a lot more PL-standard players they can sell. They're also just much bigger clubs than their 2022-23 equivalents in terms of fanbase and infrastructure.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024