Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words 12:51 - Apr 3 with 6356 viewsUB9Blue

"Martin is, undoubtedly now, a very decent manager to have if you want to build your team and club in a progressive, modern manner. But, isn’t it interesting (shut up, it is), that despite managing a parachute payment club with myriad financial advantages over the rest of us, a squad we could only dream of these days, goalscorers all over the park, it is, as it always has done before, coming unstuck for Martin at the business end of the season. He would rather stick to his ideal and refuse to shake hands with Millwall and Middlesbrough because they dared to equalise in the last minute playing another way, he would rather lose 3-2 at Ipswich and do pissy post-match interviews about who deserved and didn’t deserve to win and who scored the more aesthetically pleasing goal, than just suck up 20 minutes of backs-to-the-wall grubbiness. It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out over the next two months"
Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 12:58 - Apr 3 with 4816 views_clive_baker_

He does seem a bit salty. Did he say something to McKenna at the end of the match when they shook hands? They seemed to have a cursory handshake and McKenna looked like he briefly reacted to whatever Martin said to him.

He's definitely a bit salty, maybe its the pressure of being so far off automatics when you've got such a good squad at your disposal.
Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:01 - Apr 3 with 4747 viewsMeadowlark

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 12:58 - Apr 3 by _clive_baker_

He does seem a bit salty. Did he say something to McKenna at the end of the match when they shook hands? They seemed to have a cursory handshake and McKenna looked like he briefly reacted to whatever Martin said to him.

He's definitely a bit salty, maybe its the pressure of being so far off automatics when you've got such a good squad at your disposal.

He always seems angry, doesn't he??
Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:05 - Apr 3 with 4725 viewsZx1988

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 12:58 - Apr 3 by _clive_baker_

It looked to me as if they exchanged the obligatory handshake, and then Martin appears to almost barge past KMc to get away.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:08 - Apr 3 with 4665 viewsSitfcB

Scum cûnt.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:08 - Apr 3 with 4661 viewsJakeITFC

FWIW I thought they were the best team we've played at PR this season for large swathes - brilliant positional interplay, well drilled press and obviously some very good players. They could have blown us away really, but it was kind of telling that they didn't (and you always knew we were going to finish like a train so the game was alive for as long as it stays 2-1).

As a counterpoint to the compliment, I did spend most of the 90 minutes wishing I had an opportunity to punch Martin square in the face repeatedly.
Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:09 - Apr 3 with 4645 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:01 - Apr 3 by Meadowlark

Yep. He was over here at Swansea. He had a public falling out with the owners because he felt he wasn't supported (and in fairness he wasn't, but who knows what else was going on behind the scenes). When he wasn't calling them out, he players seemed to like him well enough, although he certainly had his favorites and didn't respond well if the players took it into their own hands to try and win a match rather than follow his "process".

He didn't seem to rate Whittaker , which probably tells you a lot. And he persevered with trying to play out from the back with a keeper and CBs who couldn't pass wind. An incredibly inflexible manager (the opposite to KM really). I always though his football was like 'paint by numbers' if that makes any sense. All very prescribed and inflexible, and he's no artist.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:12 - Apr 3 with 4596 viewsmonty_radio

If he's not careful he's also in danger of a premature end to his own season here on Earth given that every miniscule turn of fate seems to be greeted by touchline agonies way in excess of whatever the original prompt was.

I don't know if anyone else has commented on this, but within and around the same incident where he screams for a red card for Morsy you can also see the hands on the chest shove that led to Moore's finishing the game. I'm not saying that that shove in and of itself was anything but a trifle with unlooked-for consequences. Nevertheless it triggered Moore's fall, which in turn, ended his afternoon.

Just imagine, Russell! Your central attacker felled by a "monstrous, unpunished foul" that might jeopardise not only your chance of winning the game, but an upcoming massive Derby, promotion, the league, and even possibly a Top 4 European berth next year. Best keep your shirt on, though. If not, that's another ridiculous, unfair, are-you-watching-cruel-world yellow!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:12 - Apr 3 with 4573 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:08 - Apr 3 by SitfcB

Scum cûnt.

I think you'll find it's 'fraudulent scum cünt', actually.

Honestly, if we were still owned by Marcus Evans he's probably be our manager in 31/32

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:19 - Apr 3 with 4467 viewsRyorry

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:05 - Apr 3 by Zx1988

It looked to me as if they exchanged the obligatory handshake, and then Martin appears to almost barge past KMc to get away.

Sky commentators on Saturday described him and McKenna as having a great relationship with plenty of mutual respect, or words to that effect. Wouldn’t be a surprise if they got that badly wrong, along with so much else!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:22 - Apr 3 with 4405 viewsgiant_stow

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:01 - Apr 3 by Meadowlark

It's because of unmanageable hair. Do you see how much gel he has to wear, just to keep it in that weird short bob? Enough to drive anyone crazy.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:24 - Apr 3 with 4355 viewsHipsterectomy

Scum cûnt.

Perfect post. All that needs to be said

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:27 - Apr 3 with 4299 viewsKieran_Knows

It looked to me when I watched it back that he took offence to having to wait for McKenna to stop hugging his staff to then have their handshake, rather than the other way around.

Still, an absolute pr!ck mind.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:30 - Apr 3 with 4243 viewsIllinoisblue

There’s an arrogance about him that’s not backed up by any kind of actual achievement. Average player, average manager.

(And yes I’m haunted by the prospect of losing to him in the playoffs)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:39 - Apr 3 with 4102 viewsHerbivore

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:09 - Apr 3 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. He was over here at Swansea. He had a public falling out with the owners because he felt he wasn't supported (and in fairness he wasn't, but who knows what else was going on behind the scenes). When he wasn't calling them out, he players seemed to like him well enough, although he certainly had his favorites and didn't respond well if the players took it into their own hands to try and win a match rather than follow his "process".

He didn't seem to rate Whittaker , which probably tells you a lot. And he persevered with trying to play out from the back with a keeper and CBs who couldn't pass wind. An incredibly inflexible manager (the opposite to KM really). I always though his football was like 'paint by numbers' if that makes any sense. All very prescribed and inflexible, and he's no artist.

It highlights his limitations that at no point did he (could he?) adapt his tactical approach to limit the threat of Davis on the left. All three of our goals and the red card came from that area of the pitch with Davis getting forward and being given too much space. We made it harder for them for most of the second half, albeit they had a couple of chances still, whereas our main threats still went unchecked right up to the final whistle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:40 - Apr 3 with 4088 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:30 - Apr 3 by Illinoisblue

There’s an arrogance about him that’s not backed up by any kind of actual achievement. Average player, average manager.

(And yes I’m haunted by the prospect of losing to him in the playoffs)

'There’s an arrogance about him that’s not backed up by any kind of actual achievement'

You can tell he was a Norwich 'legend' can't you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:48 - Apr 3 with 3997 viewsSteve_M

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:08 - Apr 3 by JakeITFC

FWIW I thought they were the best team we've played at PR this season for large swathes - brilliant positional interplay, well drilled press and obviously some very good players. They could have blown us away really, but it was kind of telling that they didn't (and you always knew we were going to finish like a train so the game was alive for as long as it stays 2-1).

As a counterpoint to the compliment, I did spend most of the 90 minutes wishing I had an opportunity to punch Martin square in the face repeatedly.

Yes, agree on Southampton although his sides are always good in the middle part of the pitch and less so at either end.

It's also really telling how many fans across the country actively dislike him, just such an unsufferable prick to everyone except himself.

One of my mates sent round a screenshot of him at fulltime with "Are you sad Russell?" which was most apt I think.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:59 - Apr 3 with 3892 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:39 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

It highlights his limitations that at no point did he (could he?) adapt his tactical approach to limit the threat of Davis on the left. All three of our goals and the red card came from that area of the pitch with Davis getting forward and being given too much space. We made it harder for them for most of the second half, albeit they had a couple of chances still, whereas our main threats still went unchecked right up to the final whistle.

He's basically the new Paul Lambert isn't it? Relies on the fact that his players are better 'on paper' than the other team's rather than actually bother with coaching or tactics.

Not surprise that he was a Norwich legend, really.

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 14:08 - Apr 3 with 3815 viewsIllinoisblue

Loved after the sending off how he refused to consider filling that massive space and left Davis free to roam and ultimately win the game. You’d call that reckless and naive in a kids game let alone the championship.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 14:18 - Apr 3 with 3659 viewsChurchman

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:05 - Apr 3 by Zx1988

I bet after that handshake (bet it was a damp, flaccid one) the first thing KM did when he got off the pitch was wash his hands. There’s something greasy and slightly odorous about the bloke.
Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 14:25 - Apr 3 with 3594 viewsSharkey

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:27 - Apr 3 by Kieran_Knows

It looked to me when I watched it back that he took offence to having to wait for McKenna to stop hugging his staff to then have their handshake, rather than the other way around.

Still, an absolute pr!ck mind.

I think he's got a point. I wish all staff and players would shake their opponents' hands before beginning their (lengthy) celebrations. But I think that ship has long since sailed.
Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 14:43 - Apr 3 with 3443 viewsSharkey

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:59 - Apr 3 by BlueBadger

He's basically the new Paul Lambert isn't it? Relies on the fact that his players are better 'on paper' than the other team's rather than actually bother with coaching or tactics.

Not surprise that he was a Norwich legend, really.

The same assistant manager too, of course, in Matt Gill.
Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 15:08 - Apr 3 with 3267 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 14:43 - Apr 3 by Sharkey

The same assistant manager too, of course, in Matt Gill.

So, basically, if they sack him now they could probably go up?
[Post edited 3 Apr 15:09]

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 15:13 - Apr 3 with 3214 viewsKropotkin123

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 13:40 - Apr 3 by BlueBadger

'There’s an arrogance about him that’s not backed up by any kind of actual achievement'

You can tell he was a Norwich 'legend' can't you?

You'd think he'd be more accustomed to participating.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 15:23 - Apr 3 with 3136 viewsKeno

Scum cûnt.

isnt that a really insulting thing to say

Im not sure its fair on Scum c0nts to compare them to Martin

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Interesting view on Martin from Loft for Words on 15:36 - Apr 3 with 3080 viewstonybied

I really can't understand why he went with Bree over Walker-Peters, surely KWP would've coped better with Davis. You could potentially forgive him for making the wrong decision on their starting lineup but then to just leave Bree on when he was being overrun on that side time and time again was just bonkers, it was no wonder he got sent off in the end, he probably didn't know what direction was up or down!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024