Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester, it's actually disgusting 10:36 - Apr 3 with 2874 viewstractorboy1978

That we could finish on a record points total not to get promoted whilst they have just posted accounts with a £90m (pre allowables adjustment) loss. And that includes the big sales of Maddison and Fofana last summer. They extended their year end by a month presumably so they could include these. Seen some basic analysis that has worked out they are likely more than double the PL £105m limit over the 3 years.

They then went on a spending spree this summer to supplement an already PL squad knowing full well what their finances looked like. They then rejected bids in January for KDH knowing full well what their finances looked like. The 2023/24 numbers will be a joke. Absolutely taken the piss.
[Post edited 3 Apr 15:17]
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 10:49 - Apr 3 with 2742 viewsBondiBlue

But how much fun would it be if we finished a point ahead of them?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 10:51 - Apr 3 with 2727 viewsMJallday

However look at it this way

1. If they go up then they’ll get a massive points deduction, (could be helpful to others fighting relegation) could be helpful if we go with them

2. If they don’t go up, it’ll be a fire sale. Financially they’re done - and one less “big team” to worry about year (although if they don’t go up it means we do )

Either way , they are stuffed although I suspect they’d take promotion rather than staying

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 11:16 - Apr 3 with 2546 viewstractorboy1978

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 10:51 - Apr 3 by MJallday

1. If they go up then they’ll get a massive points deduction, (could be helpful to others fighting relegation) could be helpful if we go with them

2. If they don’t go up, it’ll be a fire sale. Financially they’re done - and one less “big team” to worry about year (although if they don’t go up it means we do )

Either way , they are stuffed although I suspect they’d take promotion rather than staying

Or if they do go up and we don't, it's all irrelevant and we have to try and score 90+ points again next season after losing Davis and maybe McKenna.

It's increasingly clear these FFP rules have very little bite. And the lack of joint approach/thinking by the EFL/PL makes it a bit ridiculous.
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 11:29 - Apr 3 with 2453 viewsOldFart71

What you say may be true. My opinion is don't worry about other teams. As with results if we were to win the next six games and don't get automatic and then fail in the playoffs we couldn't have done much more than we have. We all know the unfairness of parachute payments and the undoubted advantage it gives those coming down. The problem that besets Premier League football is that due to some teams having enough money to pay more for one player than another for half a team is that the one's with lower finances still have to pay stupid amounts for fairly average players and added to that huge wages and in many cases these teams are exceeding fair play rules in order to try and stay in the promised land. Many of these teams sell one or two players when demoted, but by and large retain a majority of their squad for at least one season and many then return to the Prem. I know it doesn't make promotion following relegation a cert but there's little doubt that there's a distinct advantage. With horse racing if a horse wins several races on the trot it will be hit with a rise in the weights and there comes a point where it will have to go up in grade, maybe to listed or group races. Perhaps a club being demoted could sustain a six point deduction for their next season. The rules regarding breaking of fair play are ludicrous in that a demoted club cannot be deducted points in the lower league, but then can if the subsequently are promoted again. It's a bit like me driving down a motorway at 120 mph and getting pulled over but then sticking to A and B roads so I don't get fined or a ban unless I drive on a motorway again.
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 11:31 - Apr 3 with 2433 viewsbrazil1982

Just shows how ridiculous player wages are.
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 11:32 - Apr 3 with 2432 viewsChurchman

It’s disgraceful. But Leicester are important to the PL. Big presence in the Far East. A recent history that perversely justifies the hoovering up of the talent, money and prizes by the real clubs - Man City etc.

They’re desperate to see them back in the fold replacing crummy clubs like Luton and Burnley. Same with Leeds.

If they get promoted they’ll have cheated there way to it off the pitch and ironically on it too with all the PL diving (Dewsbury-Jellylegs) and histrionics. The PL won’t care a jot. They’ll, like Everton, get a points reduction that’ll later be rescinded and of course the likes of Man City who completely ignore it will be indulged.

Actually, given the inconvenience we have caused Southampton, Leeds, Leicester, I recommend ITFC get a 15 point deduction, to be shared amongst the parachute clubs and fined sufficiently to pay off Leicester’s last season debt for being an annoying minnow (a Leicester fan’s description of us). Only fair.

You are right. Over and above my facetiousness it’s disgusting.
[Post edited 3 Apr 13:51]
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 11:46 - Apr 3 with 2344 viewsGuthrum

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 11:32 - Apr 3 by Churchman

It’s disgraceful. But Leicester are important to the PL. Big presence in the Far East. A recent history that perversely justifies the hoovering up of the talent, money and prizes by the real clubs - Man City etc.

They’re desperate to see them back in the fold replacing crummy clubs like Luton and Burnley. Same with Leeds.

If they get promoted they’ll have cheated there way to it off the pitch and ironically on it too with all the PL diving (Dewsbury-Jellylegs) and histrionics. The PL won’t care a jot. They’ll, like Everton, get a points reduction that’ll later be rescinded and of course the likes of Man City who completely ignore it will be indulged.

Actually, given the inconvenience we have caused Southampton, Leeds, Leicester, I recommend ITFC get a 15 point deduction, to be shared amongst the parachute clubs and fined sufficiently to pay off Leicester’s last season debt for being an annoying minnow (a Leicester fan’s description of us). Only fair.

You are right. Over and above my facetiousness it’s disgusting.
[Post edited 3 Apr 13:51]

I don't know. We are just as good an example for the PL to hold up should we get promoted and do ok, with the added advantage of not having dodgy spending which may end up on the front pages and cause them headaches.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 11:56 - Apr 3 with 2277 viewsChurchman

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 11:46 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

I don't know. We are just as good an example for the PL to hold up should we get promoted and do ok, with the added advantage of not having dodgy spending which may end up on the front pages and cause them headaches.

You’d think so but the last thing the PL is interested in is sustainability and FFP. They don’t care where the money comes from and they actually don’t give two hoots about the game. The sport itself? Competition? That’s for romantics and mugs. It’s a business.

They are after a closed shop with most of the dosh going to a few clubs and crumbs to the fodder in the rest of the PL. The other 70 odd clubs can rot.
Login to get fewer ads

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 12:47 - Apr 3 with 2097 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 11:29 - Apr 3 by OldFart71

What you say may be true. My opinion is don't worry about other teams. As with results if we were to win the next six games and don't get automatic and then fail in the playoffs we couldn't have done much more than we have. We all know the unfairness of parachute payments and the undoubted advantage it gives those coming down. The problem that besets Premier League football is that due to some teams having enough money to pay more for one player than another for half a team is that the one's with lower finances still have to pay stupid amounts for fairly average players and added to that huge wages and in many cases these teams are exceeding fair play rules in order to try and stay in the promised land. Many of these teams sell one or two players when demoted, but by and large retain a majority of their squad for at least one season and many then return to the Prem. I know it doesn't make promotion following relegation a cert but there's little doubt that there's a distinct advantage. With horse racing if a horse wins several races on the trot it will be hit with a rise in the weights and there comes a point where it will have to go up in grade, maybe to listed or group races. Perhaps a club being demoted could sustain a six point deduction for their next season. The rules regarding breaking of fair play are ludicrous in that a demoted club cannot be deducted points in the lower league, but then can if the subsequently are promoted again. It's a bit like me driving down a motorway at 120 mph and getting pulled over but then sticking to A and B roads so I don't get fined or a ban unless I drive on a motorway again.

> "if we were to win the next six games and don't get automatic..."

You think Southampton could do 13 points better than us in six games?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 13:03 - Apr 3 with 1981 viewsPlums

It's financial doping and should be as 'socially unacceptable' as taking performance enhancing substances, putting a motor in your racing bike or nobbling a horse. It's cheating.
they've benefitted from it this year and last and will do so next.

For some reason though (presumably because they would sue), it's not seen as the distortion of the competition that it undoubtedly is.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 13:09 - Apr 3 with 1931 viewsPinewoodblue

First off a quick check on Companies House website shows that Leicester City accounts are overdue. Content seems to be circulation but they don’t yet seem to have submitted them as required by law.

Further digging around shows there are a number of charges still outstanding , loans from an Australian bank. The most recent of which dates from July 2023. One of the contract conditions appears to be Leicester City giving the bank a commitment they will follow EPl & EFL finance rules so suspect they are technically in breach of contract.

Have a feeling majority of clubs will be up in arms once the full extent of Leicesters dealings are fully out in the open.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 13:14 - Apr 3 with 1885 viewsSwansea_Blue

Both true, although I'd like to see clubs punished in real time rather than the leagues operating separately and clubs/leagues deciding when things happen. An independent regulator can't come quickly enough - as long as it has teeth. And this doesn't just apply to Leicester. Man City's 115 charges go back over about 10 years, but they've got the money to fight it in the courts. It stinks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 13:46 - Apr 3 with 1715 viewsFreddies_Ears

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 10:49 - Apr 3 by BondiBlue

But how much fun would it be if we finished a point ahead of them?

With Leeds one point behind Leicester. I might even feel sorry for the decent 1% of Leeds fans.
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 13:49 - Apr 3 with 1682 viewscharlie1

Yep.
IF we go up with Leicester in all reality there are only two relegation spots left to avoid.
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 13:53 - Apr 3 with 1652 viewstractorboy1978

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 13:49 - Apr 3 by charlie1

Yep.
IF we go up with Leicester in all reality there are only two relegation spots left to avoid.

Everton got 6 points in the end. Forest got 4 points that they are appealing.

It's sod all in reality.
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 14:33 - Apr 3 with 1485 viewsNthQldITFC

Here's a clip of a young Gary Lineker, in a box room, 50 years ago. It's a little known fact that Gary comes from a long line of clairvoyants, but even so I'm amazed that he could see Easter Monday 2024 with such accuracy in the 1970s.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 14:58 - Apr 3 with 1376 viewsEdmundo

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 13:09 - Apr 3 by Pinewoodblue

First off a quick check on Companies House website shows that Leicester City accounts are overdue. Content seems to be circulation but they don’t yet seem to have submitted them as required by law.

Further digging around shows there are a number of charges still outstanding , loans from an Australian bank. The most recent of which dates from July 2023. One of the contract conditions appears to be Leicester City giving the bank a commitment they will follow EPl & EFL finance rules so suspect they are technically in breach of contract.

Have a feeling majority of clubs will be up in arms once the full extent of Leicesters dealings are fully out in the open.

Good research! I suspect they'll somehow bail themselves out as they seem to be in the fringe of teams outside the big 6 who can get away with it. Hopefully the Sky house of cards will fall soon though, preferably after we've hoovered up some cash a la Brighton (pre tax PROFITS this year off the back of European qualifying and Cup semis).

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 15:00 - Apr 3 with 1354 viewsPinewoodblue

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 13:03 - Apr 3 by Plums

It's financial doping and should be as 'socially unacceptable' as taking performance enhancing substances, putting a motor in your racing bike or nobbling a horse. It's cheating.
they've benefitted from it this year and last and will do so next.

For some reason though (presumably because they would sue), it's not seen as the distortion of the competition that it undoubtedly is.

Leicester extended their year of account from 31/5/23 to 30)6/23 on 24/4/23 which enabled them to include sales made last June. Presumably if they hadn't the loss would have been even bigger

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 15:13 - Apr 3 with 1269 viewsitfc48

It's really dumb that the EFL can't act now - after all it's the same pyramid. They've gained an unfair sporting advantage knowing full well how their finances were looking. There should be a set tariff - a simple formula that converts the amount of overspend into the number of points to be deducted. It's really not that difficult.

Personally I'd like to scrap FFP and allow clubs to spend want they want providing it's covered by the owner and is not a loan. Then administration penalised by automatic relegation to create some order. The current methodology is only there to maintain the status quo.
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 15:21 - Apr 3 with 1206 viewsKingsCrossBlue

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 14:33 - Apr 3 by NthQldITFC

Here's a clip of a young Gary Lineker, in a box room, 50 years ago. It's a little known fact that Gary comes from a long line of clairvoyants, but even so I'm amazed that he could see Easter Monday 2024 with such accuracy in the 1970s.

I love what he’s done with that room
Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 15:21 - Apr 3 with 1204 viewsFrimleyBlue

I hope town take them to the cleaners should we not go up. And all other clubs in the top 6 come end of season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 16:37 - Apr 3 with 953 viewscharlie1

Leicester, it's actually disgusting on 14:33 - Apr 3 by NthQldITFC

Brilliant. Wasted hidden down here though.
Deserves its own thread.

“Jammy little brats” just isn’t a phrase you hear anymore.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024