Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side 07:22 - Apr 2 with 1300 viewstiptreeblue

We just seemed a better balanced team when he did. There was more of an outlet for the defence, and gave Davis so much room on the left
We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 07:48 - Apr 2 with 1203 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Clarke played well, too, which added to the threat down the right.
We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 07:50 - Apr 2 with 1196 viewsDanTheMan

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 07:48 - Apr 2 by ArnoldMoorhen

Clarke played well, too, which added to the threat down the right.

Yesterday didn't suit Tuanzebe. He struggled against Fraser, especially when he'd joined the attack and was having to track back.

Clarke balanced us out a bit and gave us a bit more bite.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:02 - Apr 2 with 1131 viewscbower

Hutchinson was largely anonymous on the left. He uept drifting inside and with Davis bombing on as is our system, we were getting caught out as Hutch was offering absolutely no cover. When the subs came, it brought more balance but I still feel he could quite easily have been subbed himself.
I did raise and eyebrow after rhe Sheff Weds game when he was outstanding but said his body was tired. He has looked a little jaded the last two games, not beating his man quite so often. Wes is a big miss in this respect as far more pressure is on Omari right now.

bluescouser

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:32 - Apr 2 with 1003 viewsbaxterbasics

It does seem that the combination of Tuanzebe and Jackson just is not as effective as either Clarke/Burns or Clarke/Hutch even when the individuals put in good performances.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:32 - Apr 2 with 1001 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes, it was almost as though Hutchinson (one of our very best players of 2024) was shifted to make room for Jackson (not one of our very best players of 2024). To me that made no sense, and it was a bit of a car crash in the first half (Leif's strike aside). It seemed obvious before the game, and even more obvious during the game.

But what do I know? Kieran is a genius and I'm an idiot! (shrug emoji)
We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:34 - Apr 2 with 980 viewsDanTheMan

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:32 - Apr 2 by HighgateBlue

Yes, it was almost as though Hutchinson (one of our very best players of 2024) was shifted to make room for Jackson (not one of our very best players of 2024). To me that made no sense, and it was a bit of a car crash in the first half (Leif's strike aside). It seemed obvious before the game, and even more obvious during the game.

In my mind, Jackson was one of the only people to come out of the first half with much credit. He put some good crosses in and kept the ball well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:35 - Apr 2 with 972 viewsbaxterbasics

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:32 - Apr 2 by HighgateBlue

It's almost like KM knows he needs to let the opposition take the lead in order to get the best out of our players!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:35 - Apr 2 with 970 viewsDJR

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:34 - Apr 2 by DanTheMan

In my mind, Jackson was one of the only people to come out of the first half with much credit. He put some good crosses in and kept the ball well.

And his work defensively was excellent too.
Login to get fewer ads

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:40 - Apr 2 with 913 viewsDJR

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:02 - Apr 2 by cbower

Hutchinson was largely anonymous on the left. He uept drifting inside and with Davis bombing on as is our system, we were getting caught out as Hutch was offering absolutely no cover. When the subs came, it brought more balance but I still feel he could quite easily have been subbed himself.
I did raise and eyebrow after rhe Sheff Weds game when he was outstanding but said his body was tired. He has looked a little jaded the last two games, not beating his man quite so often. Wes is a big miss in this respect as far more pressure is on Omari right now.

Yes, both he and Clarke didn't really offer much threat down the right. Instead, our goals and chances after the subs came on came down the left or through the centre. But it's a team game and all who played yesterday played their part.
[Post edited 2 Apr 8:49]
We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 09:19 - Apr 2 with 766 viewsNthQldITFC

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 08:34 - Apr 2 by DanTheMan

There was one point where Tuanzebe gave him the ball in a really tight situation on the halfway line right up against the touchline, where he looked certain to lose it under pressure but did a Hutchinson-esque little double shuffle under his feet and got away down the line. His work-rate and defensive cover was great - on the downside he didn't quite seem to have the pace he used to have at times - there were a few times when he could have pushed it into space and outpaced the full back maybe? Solid game.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 09:25 - Apr 2 with 733 viewsRadlett_blue

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 07:50 - Apr 2 by DanTheMan

Yesterday didn't suit Tuanzebe. He struggled against Fraser, especially when he'd joined the attack and was having to track back.

Clarke balanced us out a bit and gave us a bit more bite.

It also helped us when Fraser was hooked with 20 minutes to go.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 10:51 - Apr 2 with 607 viewstiptreeblue

I'm not trying to knock Jackson, I agree with you about the first half, it's just that, we lost that extra something that Hutchinson has
We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 10:58 - Apr 2 with 571 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't think it was a game for Jacko. He didn't look comfortable. More comfortable than Tuanzebe, but that was a pretty low bar.

I like the extra energy that Taylor brought to the midfield. That's when we really started to get a hold of the match. That probably coincided with them running out of steam too, but they had the same number of subs to freshen things up. Just better match management in the second half from us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 10:59 - Apr 2 with 568 viewsAsa

I love Jackson's attitude and he's had some great games for us this season, Leeds and Leicester especially, so no reason not to think he can't cause a top side problems.

But it was obvious from the outset than he was giving them too much space to get balls out wide and him and Axel especially looked weak. Omari did nothing on the left and once Moore went down I was expecting Broadhead to come on, Omari to move right and him to move Jackson through the middle given how ineffectual Jackson was.

Thought it was one of the few cases where McKenna got it wrong from the off but my goodness did he make up for it.

Also think that we probably now see Clarke in from the start for Norwich. Axel had a torrid time last night after some decent performances. Seems to really struggle with consistency. He's either a rock or looks the weak link.
We looked better as soon as Hutchinson moved to the right side on 11:02 - Apr 2 with 551 viewsWickets

I think the main thing was the subs come on the KM's make a difference ringing in their ears ! COYB's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024