Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
S'oton's static defenders 07:17 - Apr 2 with 1090 viewshomer_123

For Sarmiento's goal....what were they doing. Literally ball watching....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

S'oton's static defenders on 07:27 - Apr 2 with 1035 viewspennblue

Thats what portman road can do, thats what elland road does for leeds and anfield does for liverpool

Three more home games lets male them all like that. If the whole
Ground sings it has a profound effect on the game

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

S'oton's static defenders on 07:43 - Apr 2 with 966 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

They’ve conceded as many goals as us. Which is astonishing given the amount of possession they have. But to me they looked really error prone playing around at the back, several times Moore and Hutch nipped in and won possession.

In my opinion Leeds and Leicester are miles ahead of Southampton, which must rest on their manager given the players they have at their disposal. IF we go into the playoffs, would much rather have to face Southampton than the former two, especially as we’ve done the double over them. In fact id probably rather okay then than Scum or West Brom to be honest…
S'oton's static defenders on 07:57 - Apr 2 with 923 viewsWeWereZombies

Sounds like they had been rubbed up the wrong way...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

S'oton's static defenders on 07:59 - Apr 2 with 916 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I guess they may not have wanted to lunge in and risk giving away a penalty, not least because he looks like Bambi on ice and it's impossible for him to score when he has only half got up...
S'oton's static defenders on 08:08 - Apr 2 with 836 viewsRobTheMonk

I think they were just knackered and expected Sarmiento to have got a cleaner contact on the ball rather than go into a breakdance routine.
S'oton's static defenders on 08:23 - Apr 2 with 769 viewsBloomBlue

For a split second they breathed a sigh of relief when Sarmiento slipped over and at the same time the crowd groaned, which resulted in them being too slow when Sarmiento got up quickly.
S'oton's static defenders on 08:31 - Apr 2 with 730 viewsZx1988

Static defenders and, it would seem, tactical naïvite from Martin as well.

After Bree's red card, Leif had the complete run of the Southampton right back position. It seems to me that Martin did nothing to replace Bree.

I get that with ten men (and desperately needing a win), sending someone to fill in for Bree would have meant creating a gap elsewhere, but leaving the most dangerous man in a blue shirt without a marker seemed foolish in the extreme.
[Post edited 2 Apr 8:35]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

S'oton's static defenders on 08:39 - Apr 2 with 673 viewsElderGrizzly

Martin blamed his keeper in the post-match interview.

Shows the difference in class of managers. McKenna would never single out a player in public like that
Login to get fewer ads

S'oton's static defenders on 08:46 - Apr 2 with 621 viewsWickets

Just think it was a clever trick pretending to slip tread on the ball then put it in the net 🤔
He's a classless mook isn't he on 08:53 - Apr 2 with 602 viewsDyland

S'oton's static defenders on 08:39 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

Shows the difference in class of managers. McKenna would never single out a player in public like that

Regardless of being a budgie. There's an air of arrogance that isn't really backed up by achievement; a touch of the Tim Sherwood about him re management.

I thought their goalie should have done better with our second until I saw the replays. The third is just one of those goals. Everyone is knackered after a ridiculously high intensity last half hour, and it's a befuddling strike that the defenders should be doing better with rather than the goalie. Calling him out is silly.

Saying that, I liked the look of Saints, decent team and we were fortunate to still be in it at half time. We miss Wes, and will miss him for the run in. Hope Kieffer isn't too bad, I think we may struggle without him starting at Carrot Road. But as evidenced last night, there's a spirit in the squad that is really very special. And as they say, fortune favours the brave, and that is as much our modus operandi as "running towards adversity"/

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

S'oton's static defenders on 08:55 - Apr 2 with 586 viewsLeoMuff

S'oton's static defenders on 08:39 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

Ludicrous really, think the keeper would feel hard done by, thought he could have done better with Broady goal, but as it went through the defenders legs that makes it tough, I’m not sure Leifs thunderbolt was stoppable even though it was near post.

Jeremy’s poke was right in the corner and totally unexpected

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

S'oton's static defenders on 09:28 - Apr 2 with 497 viewsRadlett_blue

S'oton's static defenders on 08:08 - Apr 2 by RobTheMonk

I think they were just knackered and expected Sarmiento to have got a cleaner contact on the ball rather than go into a breakdance routine.

Indeed, after playing for 97 minutes, most footballers will be feeling a little leggy & if they don't, they haven't been putting in enough effort. That's why far more goals are scored towards the end of a game, plus the fact we have a strong bench of attacking players.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024